Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,558,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajosh618 View Post
Here's a list of all the supposed haunted places in Nebraska. There are quite a few listed in Omaha and Bellevue. Hope this helps!

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Nebraska

By the way, Hummel Park is probably the creepiest place I've ever been to. I made the mistake of going at night. It's a beautiful area but very eerie at the same time.

hummel park is scary for so many reasons

not just cause it is a un-official cemetary of sorts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 11:46 PM

18 posts, read 81,460 times
I've heard from ghost investigators that it's haunted, but others say that most of the stories are just legend. There was no lynching there and there certainly no albinos living in Hummel Park. But still....creepy place. And dangerous. Way too many people have been killed there.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:01 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,007,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
rabble:

Omaha south high is

supposedly haunted

as is Brother Sebastian's Steakhouse

and Omaha Central High

The White House Apartments

Lynch Park at 2200 S. 21st St.

among a few other places

down in bellevue nebraska:

jewel park and bellevue east high school are supposedly haunted

as is "supposedly" the union pacific museum and general dodge's house and fairview cemetary in council bluffs
DH went to Omaha Central, says he heard the rumors of its "haunting", but never saw any ghosts there!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 19,012 times
The stories behind Hummel Park in Omaha were connected to "The Hatchet Man of Hummel Park..the story goes that there was suppose to be a man that would lay across the road at night and when you stopped your car to see if he was ok,he had a hatchet laying next to him and chop chop.As for the Albinos,there once was an Albino Village located somewhere between Omaha and Lincoln on one of the back highways.Long since gone but from what I understand to be true the stucture is still there and suppose to be haunted.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
DH went to Omaha Central, says he heard the rumors of its "haunting", but never saw any ghosts there!

I didnt go to Central, but I heard of the hauntings that are supposedly at

Central and South back when I was in HS at Omaha North in the late 90's

surprised I never heard of any "haunting" stories about Omaha Benson and Omaha North considering the stories I have heard about Central and South

or maybe even ghosts dont want to be around Omaha Benson High

Old 10-10-2009, 02:09 AM

2 posts, read 37,657 times
I'm from a long time Bellevue family. I have lived in Bellevue myself for about 15 years, but here are a few places that are haunted
Jewel Park- lived across the street from there and all sorts of creepy stuff has happened there (several suicides have been comitted there), can hear strange noises (animal, indian chants, fire crackes, horse noises), mysterious foot prints, missing items, shadow figures)
Haworth Park & Belleuve Bridge- murders (recent grizzly murder in 1998) and suicides
College Apartments on Wayne Street (the oldest buildings were build in the late 1800's as baraks for the military)
Bellevue Cemetary- obviously
Many parts of Olde Towne- there are many homes that are 100+ years old
Fontenelle Bank on Main Street & Mission
Bellevue East is DEFINATELY haunted!!! Went to high school there- lots of bizzare things & odd energies there
Washington Park
John Rice Public Library (most libraries seem haunted- the previous library in Washington Park and original on 18th & Franklin- now a private residence)
Generals Row on Offutt AFB (I have heard the homes/buildings & the event grounds are haunted- makes sense since the buildings date back to the 1800's) Hope this list helps a bit... have you tried contacting the Historical Society? I think they are in the old Train Depot a few blocks from Offutts "Bellevue Gate" (south end of Galvin Rd- 3? blks south of Mission) They may be able to provide some information.

For Omaha Places, the Douglas County Hospital is DEFINATELY haunted!!!!

Good luck on your book!

Last edited by belle402; 10-10-2009 at 02:22 AM..

Old 10-10-2009, 02:21 AM

2 posts, read 37,657 times
Oh also, the Orpheum Theater in Omaha is huanted as well as the "passage ways" in the Old Market. Clarkson Hospital, South Omaha Stockyards/Exchange Building, Tech High School building, and VA Hospital are also reported as haunted. The Omaha World-Herald did a feature spread a year or so ago around Halloween about paranormal hot-spots of Downtown Omaha... you may want to check out thier archives.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:10 PM

never heard of the of the va hospital or the orpheum being "haunted"

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Nebraska

has a list of alleged haunted places in Nebraska

belle, I have heard of the bellevue east story and also jewel park

dana college up in blair supposedly has some supernatural things that go on there (i.e, hauntings)

Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 18,305 times
Post haunted places

I personally have experienced a lot of paranormal activity in Omaha and surrounding areas but here are, in my opinion, the most haunted:

Bellevue East High School
In the auditorium, I have felt people kicking against the back of my seet when I have gone to school programs. It also has a very creepy vibe backstage and on the catwalk like someone is pushing you down.

Bellevue Cemetery
A couple of weeks ago my mother and I went to visit a deceased relative and when we about to leave, someone or something tried to open the car door and jiggled the car door for about 30 sec. When we looked back, nobody was even close to the car.

Squirrel Cage Jail (council bluffs)
I toured the jail with a friend of mine and about half way through both of us felt sick to our stomach and depressed. we got out of there right away!!!

St. Mary's Catholic School/ Church (bellevue)
This school has a generally creep feeling. Supposedly, a teacher was murdered in the girls bathroom by the 3rd grade room and blood remained on the window to this day. at random times, you can hear heels clacking against the floor and go into an empty stall, go to the bathroom, flush, and walk out when no one even comes in or out. In the Church, each year around Christmas time, on large crucifix, jesus's eyes glow red and follow you around the church and the head will turn in different positions. In the back bathroom near the priests office, the water in the sink will turn blood red all of a sudden.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 17,765 times
No one ever mentions the Vinton apartments on 24th and Vinton in Omaha. They're really creepy. You can hear the people you came in with voices when they're right next to you but it's coming from somwhere else. The whole top floor feels like it spins and you hear footsteps and small voices talking to you. You hear people follow you down the stairs and tap you on the shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha