Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,675 times

Advertisements

Its interesting to know that Suttle had a lot of gay people on his campaign! We did it! We picked the right one Omaha!!!

Jim Suttle is a nice and great man! He's a thinker, with all the issues facing Omaha, he is exactly what we need!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Its interesting to know that Suttle had a lot of gay people on his campaign! We did it! We picked the right one Omaha!!!

Jim Suttle is a nice and great man! He's a thinker, with all the issues facing Omaha, he is exactly what we need!
And why? He certaintly was involved with gay politics. I'm sure you and all your little gay "activists" simply voted for him because he was a democrat.

Those, my little gay forum friend, are the dumbest voters of them all.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
And why? He certaintly was involved with gay politics. I'm sure you and all your little gay "activists" simply voted for him because he was a democrat.

Those, my little gay forum friend, are the dumbest voters of them all.
Exactly. I'm gay myself but have the sense to realize that being mayor of a city isn't going to have any affect on social issues whatsoever. Hal Daub and my my views couldn't be futher apart politically but when it comes to Omaha we're on the same page and i can see that he's the best choice despite our differences in other areas.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times
Suttle won the mayoral election last night!

I voted for Suttle BTW.

so congrats to Suttle

and congrats to Gray and Jerram and Stothert and Festersen who are the 4 new city council members.

BTW, the Blumenthal supporters and Maxwell supporters

and Daub supporters

and Ernie Chambers ought to quit whinning their guy lost.

you lost, so suck it up.

I mean Sharon Chvala lost and I voted for her, but you dont see me complaining.

I BTW wish Pete Festersen (my council member) and the other new members of the council the best

BTW to those out there who are praying types,

we should pray MAYOR JIM SUTTLE and the new council members and the 3 returning members of the council do good.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM

171 posts, read 549,512 times
I am interested to see what happens. I don't dwell on the past too long so now that the election is over I look forward to seeing what all of our new leaders can accomplish. I just hope that the new leadership can accomplish what the leaders of the past 16 years have accomplished Like the Riverfront, Ballpark, Qwest Cetner Omaha, First National Tower, Northdowntown, etc.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_in_omaha View Post
I just hope that the new leadership can accomplish what the leaders of the past 16 years have accomplished Like the Riverfront, Ballpark, Qwest Cetner Omaha, First National Tower, Northdowntown, etc.

brad, I agree with you

Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
brad, I agree with you
Billie, why did you vote for suttle? Just curious.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Exactly. I'm gay myself but have the sense to realize that being mayor of a city isn't going to have any affect on social issues whatsoever. Hal Daub and my my views couldn't be futher apart politically but when it comes to Omaha we're on the same page and i can see that he's the best choice despite our differences in other areas.
Yep, you vote for the candidate that can have the greatest positive effect on your daily life.

In this capacity, issues like abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, and the likes, aren't addressable.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_in_omaha View Post
I am interested to see what happens. I don't dwell on the past too long so now that the election is over I look forward to seeing what all of our new leaders can accomplish. I just hope that the new leadership can accomplish what the leaders of the past 16 years have accomplished Like the Riverfront, Ballpark, Qwest Cetner Omaha, First National Tower, Northdowntown, etc.
Well you can attribute most of those things to 1 leader we've had in those 16 years. Hell, we've only had 2 and the 2nd one just kept the momentum of the originator going, mostly.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Billie, why did you vote for suttle? Just curious.

i voted for suttle cause we we need new leadership in omaha

not rehashed from the 90's leaders

I believe that is why people voted for jerram and ben gray onto the city council

BTW, with the OPS Board of Education elections next year

Omaha Public Schools - Board of Education - Contact Information

Penny Sophir
Mona McGregor
Mark Martinez
Nancy Sophir
Bambi Bartek
Shirley Tyree

will be replaced cause OPS is a joke to a large extent

and it is time the useless board members who have been on there from 5 to 10 to almost 50 years on the board

who are up for re-election in 2010 (mentioned above)

are thrown out next year

and replaced with people who can fix OPS school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: