Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM

152 posts, read 364,973 times

Advertisements

On Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 8:03 a.m. officers responded to a radio call to the 5400 block of South 28th Street to investigate a robbery. The victim told officers that the suspect physically assaulted him, and threatened him with a hammer. The suspect took money from the victim and fled from the residence.

The investigation revealed that Williams is the suspect in the incident. The victim and suspect were acquaintances. Williams may also go by the names Bobby Holloway, and Coty Brooks.

A felony warrant has been issued for Williams for Robbery.

To submit a tip:
https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.as...ect:%20Robbery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
You're really getting desperate aren't you? I mean seriously, 2 fights? 1 over a boy and another between neighbors?

Stretchhhhhhhhhhhh Armstrong!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:25 PM

48 posts, read 103,667 times
Tones, will you please just drop this? You are not going to convince people to be as scared of the city as you are.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're really getting desperate aren't you? I mean seriously, 2 fights? 1 over a boy and another between neighbors?

Stretchhhhhhhhhhhh Armstrong!
Your aerial pictures of buildings were not the end-all to this discussion. At every incident of these crimes you give "oh that's nothing" poo-pooing comments. The teenage girl who was brutally assaulted in South Omaha would vouch otherwise. So would the robbery victim. Sure incidents happen all over, but they just happen more frequently in certain parts of town. Moby asked a specific question about South Omaha -- these incidents are evidence that answer that question. (Just like the recent sexual assaults and exposures near the Creighton campus answers the question about that neighborhood.)

Oh yeah, and nelaw... I'm not going to be shoo'ed away by being accused of being "scared". It's not about scared, I can handle myself quite well thank you. But "luck" is made, sensible decisions help you avoid bad things.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
Here is the end all. The are neighborhoods in every city that you just don't go into. The only people that go there are stupidly lost, or up to no good. I say neighborhoods, because there aren't entire quadrants of any city that will result in you getting raped, murdered, or robbed just by you walking down the street.

I would say that during the day you can walk down 95% or more of the streets in Omaha without anyone saying anything to you. During the night time hours that percentage may drop a bit, but it's still in the 90s. Nobody will even talk to you, you might get asked for some spare change maybe. The only way that percentage drops below there is if you are involved in drugs or gangs.

Outside of that the vast majority of the violent crime are people that are just being stupid and hanging out with the wrong crowd. Like a girl that thinks she found love in a couple of wannabe thugs that want to beat each other up to earn her love. Or a bad husband or father that gets drunk and beats his wife and kids.

In Omaha, If you are a straight shooter that stays out of the handful of bad neighborhoods and become a victim of a violent crime, you are in a very rare group of people. Unluckly I guess.

Non-voilent crime is more likely, but even then, a little prudence goes a long way to deter it.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM

3 posts, read 4,180 times
Don't limit yourself just to the Omaha area. Yes it is true there are some beautiful older homes all over Omaha, but the rural areas outside of Omaha are some terrific areas as well. There are some beautiful older homes with character that would make great B&B's due to the hunting, agriculture, Elkhorn river, and other amentities that you could market. Keep an open mind and do some research. When visiting homes, think of who you would market to and how you would market. In addition, analyze the price of the home, the repairs needed to make it a B&B, mortgage payment, taxes, and the other expenses to this B&B, then determine how much you have to charge a night for a room. Is it feasible? Do a business plan.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post
Your aerial pictures of buildings were not the end-all to this discussion.
Neither are the handful of crimes you post about, however my pictures do prove that these supposedly blighted areas are actually rather well taken care of and aesthetically pleasing, something that isn't compatible with a high crime area.

Quote:
At every incident of these crimes you give "oh that's nothing" poo-pooing comments. The teenage girl who was brutally assaulted in South Omaha would vouch otherwise. So would the robbery victim. Sure incidents happen all over, but they just happen more frequently in certain parts of town. Moby asked a specific question about South Omaha -- these incidents are evidence that answer that question. (Just like the recent sexual assaults and exposures near the Creighton campus answers the question about that neighborhood.)
Actually I've just laughed at the absurdity of you thinking that a handful of crimes makes an area unsafe or blighted, especially the Downtown/Creighton area.

Oh, and you also seem to be mistaking higher instances of crime for being unsafe. The two are not mutually exclusive in the slightest.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelaw08 View Post
Tones, will you please just drop this? You are not going to convince people to be as scared of the city as you are.
No, he won't. The kid is a complete moron. Just put him on your IGNORE list and be done with it. He'll go away soon enough.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No, he won't. The kid is a complete moron. Just put him on your IGNORE list and be done with it. He'll go away soon enough.

Sticks and stones........and you know what else will break your bones (at least if you are woman living near 42nd and boyd?) if you don't comply during a sexual assault? -- whoever perpetrated THIS crime:

Sexual Assault Suspect Sought

Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post
Sticks and stones........and you know what else will break your bones (at least if you are woman living near 42nd and boyd?) if you don't comply during a sexual assault? -- whoever perpetrated THIS crime:

Sexual Assault Suspect Sought

Umm, that's is actually North Omaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha