Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,131,690 times

Advertisements

I think it ironic that after all these years I have ended up in Oklahoma, home of the Sooners. I was born and raised in Omaha and my parents were "avid" Husker fans. God rest their souls they will not be here for my teasing. Life is such a paradox, they passed away a few years ago before I moved here. They had all the Husker gear, even a red and white caddy convertable back in the day when the "Big Red"rocked!!

Lol, you guys just might have a great chance to play some good football on Saturday November 7th at Memorial Stadium. The Sooners have lost a couple of games down here. It will be great watching two teams that have always been so fun and exciting to watch, especially those bowl games. And now since I live here I really don't know who to cheer for? I wish I had tickets for that game... times are tough.

Anyway, I will be looking forward to it and unfortunately my brother who still resides in Omaha will probably be making a bet again the Huskers!!! Sorry, he has kind of lost confidence in the team in the last several years. Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone but I just need someone to tease..

Last edited by Raelyn28; 10-06-2009 at 01:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Hmmm..well I guess not then. Funny that I am answering my own post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I think it ironic that after all these years I have ended up in Oklahoma, home of the Sooners. I was born and raised in Omaha and my parents were "avid" Husker fans. God rest their souls they will not be here for my teasing. Life is such a paradox, they passed away a few years ago before I moved here. They had all the Husker gear, even a red and white caddy convertable back in the day when the "Big Red"rocked!!

Lol, you guys just might have a great chance to play some good football on Saturday November 7th at Memorial Stadium. The Sooners have lost a couple of games down here. It will be great watching two teams that have always been so fun and exciting to watch, especially those bowl games. And now since I live here I really don't know who to cheer for? I wish I had tickets for that game... times are tough.

Anyway, I will be looking forward to it and unfortunately my brother who still resides in Omaha will probably be making a bet again the Huskers!!! Sorry, he has kind of lost confidence in the team in the last several years. Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone but I just need someone to tease..

Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM

18,136 posts, read 25,664,806 times
Noticed this so I thought an out of stater would respond.

That game will be here before you know it. I don't know if this is the year that Nebraska makes a move, but coach Pellini has been making inroads. I think of the Callahan years and just kind of shake my head. I think the game will go down to the last minute. Nebraska and Oklahoma; one of the great rivalries in college football EVER!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-12-2009 at 10:25 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 09:20 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,561,660 times
Personally, I don't really care that much.

I want to see the Huskers win, but not being a Nebraska native makes me less than an avid fan. So Go Huskers, I guess...

Old 10-12-2009, 10:02 PM

21 posts, read 51,173 times
I'm looking forward to it, after we beat Texas, Iowa & Baylor first!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,561,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAtCCC View Post
I'm looking forward to it, after we beat Texas, Iowa & Baylor first!
I think that'd be Iowa State.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I think that'd be Iowa State.
LOL, ya got me! Late hours & I don't mix! Ok, Texas Tech, Iowa State & Baylor.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:

I want to see the Huskers win, but not being a Nebraska native makes me less than an avid fan. So Go Huskers, I guess...
Please join me @ myspace! lol!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 PM

I understand..It was, hard to be a UCLA, Duck or Husker fan also when I lived in the West coast states. And believe me I am not running out to buy a sooner hoodie anytime in the near future, lol. You have to remember I have boys who are very athletic. In fact I have an entire house filled with testosterone...even the dog is a boy. I grew up with a very athletic father and two older brothers so I consider myself kind of tom boyish... I just love the sports no matter where and I am very adaptable... Anyway,,, go Huskers, go Sooners

(
Quote:

Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 PM

Off to have sweet dreams of Husker games!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: