Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 PM

433 posts, read 959,762 times

Advertisements

MODERATOR, I am the OP..... Before I cause anymore trouble, would we please close this thread?

I am done in this forum.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,095 times
Jay,

You know, sorry for knowing what I'm talking about. I'm a Ph.D. physicist who went to law school and while in law school ended up working with a bunch in the telecom field. If you'd take a step back you might realize how its possible to work in the realm where physics, the law, and telecommunications overlap. You just happen to stumble upon things, I am sorry to say, which are in my realm of expertise.

And instead of actually recognizing that there are professionals out there who actually have spent their careers developing expertise you simply turn everything into a personal attack. If you were an M.D. and someone came on here talking about how voodoo will cure your ills, would you speak up? Sorry, but when the space heater conversation took place I spoke up because I know what I'm freaking talking about in that area. Its freaking basic basic physics and physics is something that I've developed an expertise in. If that hurts your ego and makes you feel so insecure that you have to try to tear me down personally then I'm sorry.

I am so sick of this freaking forum. Every single conversation turns into this because people like you will not actually listen to anyone when facts and reason are presented to you. Instead you just start throwing personal insult after personal insult until then entire conversation is off the tracks. Congratulations...job well done.

And I'm still trying to figure out what is so funny about me knowing policy makers in the telecom industry. Is it funny because you don't understand it or because you think its cute to boil everything down to a one-liner that you can attach an "lol" behind??

Last edited by mattpoulsen; 01-11-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
One thing to remember if you live in Omaha and have satellite....just another thing for the city council to try and tax.

lol

Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Jay,

You know, sorry for knowing what I'm talking about. I'm a Ph.D. physicist who went to law school and while in law school ended up working with a bunch in the telecom field. If you'd take a step back you might realize how its possible to work in the realm where physics, the law, and telecommunications overlap. You just happen to stumble upon things, I am sorry to say, which are in my realm of expertise.

And instead of actually recognizing that there are professionals out there who actually have spent their careers developing expertise you simply turn everything into a personal attack. If you were an M.D. and someone came on here talking about how voodoo will cure your ills, would you speak up? Sorry, but when the space heater conversation took place I spoke up because I know what I'm freaking talking about in that area. Its freaking basic basic physics and physics is something that I've developed an expertise in. If that hurts your ego and makes you feel so insecure that you have to try to tear me down personally then I'm sorry.

I am so sick of this freaking forum. Every single conversation turns into this because people like you will not actually listen to anyone when facts and reason are presented to you. Instead you just start throwing personal insult after personal insult until then entire conversation is off the tracks. Congratulations...job well done.

And I'm still trying to figure out what is so funny about me knowing policy makers in the telecom industry. Is it funny because you don't understand it or because you think its cute to boil everything down to a one-liner that you can attach an "lol" behind??
Why the add-on to your already nauseating comment?

Here, for the socially inept, I will break it down into a single sentence for you...

Other people are allowed to express an opinion or share a piece of experience and/or knowledge without the authority and proof reading of Mattpoulsen.

I'm not even going to get into my background, qualifications or anything like that with you because in the end, it doesn't matter. Mattpoulsen knows everything and that is the way it's been since I started reading this forum.

Honestly, in your social life do you find it hard holding a conversation without feeling the need to dispute everything the other person is saying?

Fyi, your second paragraph is irrelevant to this conversation. There have been no personal attacks and I could give two rat craps less about any of your so-called "expertise". I think it's pretty clear nothing you have learned in the classroom has spilled over in the "social" compartments of your brain.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,095 times
You're clearly mature response, coming from a deep inward security, has set me on the right path. Thanks so much! And when you develop an opinion I'll be sure to simply adopt it as I would not want to risk cracking your ego by audaciously giving my own.

Last edited by mattpoulsen; 01-11-2010 at 09:02 PM..

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
You're clearly mature response, coming from a deep inward security, has set me on the right path. Thanks so much! And when you develop an opinion I'll be sure to simply adopt it as I would not want to risk cracking your ego by audaciously giving my own.

So what you're trying to say is that Direct TV is good and space heaters are bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha