Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
^^ I can't believe you came back. Once again, you are the only one talking about Nebraska football. Maybe you should try out for the team.

And I wouldn't be talking about intelligence. You're the one working in grocery stores and taking advantage of an elderly man right now.

**Also, do think for one second I haven't seen your anti-Nebraska trolling rhetoric on other forums as well. I think it is very apparent you had a hard time making friends and possibly finding a significant other in Omaha, amoung other personal problems I'm sure, but I wouldn't keep blaming it on Omaha. Trust me, I've lived many places and Omaha is no different from any other place, it's YOU that must be the problem.

Good luck finding what ever weird utopia it is that you're looking for.
There was another thread (unfortunately it was deleted by an admin IIRC) where a few people dug up a whole bunch of crap from his posts showing contradictions in statements.

Suffice it to say, everything they post is probably a lie. Case in point would be all the supposed education he has, yet he works in a grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 01:06 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
There was another thread (unfortunately it was deleted by an admin IIRC) where a few people dug up a whole bunch of crap from his posts showing contradictions in statements.

Suffice it to say, everything they post is probably a lie. Case in point would be all the supposed education he has, yet he works in a grocery store.
It's actually a chick. Now it makes complete sense.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:10 PM

103 posts, read 233,045 times
Just read your posts and your intelligence comes through. Yes, I am a female. And for that Omaha Rocks person, I don't use public libraries for my Internet service. Never have. I have used a Mac (what do you use - a dell computer PC?) for many, many years for my home computing needs, and will never use a PC for my home computer. In fact, I've had three Macs since 2000. I'm not cheap. I use a cable modem, high speed, but is actually wireless, too. So, please, can't you write anything intelligent, those in the Nebraska and Omaha area, instead of making erroneous comments about ones supposed computer usages, working at a grocery store (I did that for temporary reasons in Omaha), and living in a home with an elderly person. Can't you write anything intelligent, more worldly? But, then again, you are home grown Midwesterners, coming from places like Nebraska, Worthington, MN; or anywhere else in Minnesota, and you just can not talk about anything intelligent. Instead, you criticize people for where they are going to earn their money for the time being, where they are going to live, and with whom. You make immature comments; that is very indicative of your small town personalities and lives. And, for that Omaha Rocks, you couldn't even believe, after I gave you dates and places, the places I lived and went to school. You had to believe I made it up. My God, you people are pathetic. Frankly, I don't have to prove anything to you. Perhaps you just resent it so much since you couldn't even admit what your so called terminal degree is in, where you got it, and when. Perhaps because you might not have one. And, remember, I no longer work in a grocery store. I start a new job in a week, in accounting services, making a very decent pay rate, since Omaha and Nebraska, being the very nice Red state it is, pays very low. Even that is mentioned on the this site for information about Nebraska. I'm not even living in your damned state anymore. Why not show some intelligence and learn more about people. You have some real inferiority complexes in your lovely state, and I knew that when someone from Kearney, Nebraska, told me she was from "out West." Yea, Kearney is "out West." I got a Christmas card from a long time work associate (who is another elderly person in my life - omigod) and his comment in the card was, "What the hell are you doing in Omaha?" I lived in Nebraska for six months working for the government years ago and it still is one of the worse places to live in this country."

Old 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Vistas View Post
Just read your posts and your intelligence comes through. Yes, I am a female. And for that Omaha Rocks person, I don't use public libraries for my Internet service. Never have. I have used a Mac (what do you use - a dell computer PC?) for many, many years for my home computing needs, and will never use a PC for my home computer. In fact, I've had three Macs since 2000. I'm not cheap. I use a cable modem, high speed, but is actually wireless, too. So, please, can't you write anything intelligent, those in the Nebraska and Omaha area, instead of making erroneous comments about ones supposed computer usages, working at a grocery store (I did that for temporary reasons in Omaha), and living in a home with an elderly person. Can't you write anything intelligent, more worldly? But, then again, you are home grown Midwesterners, coming from places like Nebraska, Worthington, MN; or anywhere else in Minnesota, and you just can not talk about anything intelligent. Instead, you criticize people for where they are going to earn their money for the time being, where they are going to live, and with whom. You make immature comments; that is very indicative of your small town personalities and lives. And, for that Omaha Rocks, you couldn't even believe, after I gave you dates and places, the places I lived and went to school. You had to believe I made it up. My God, you people are pathetic. Frankly, I don't have to prove anything to you. Perhaps you just resent it so much since you couldn't even admit what your so called terminal degree is in, where you got it, and when. Perhaps because you might not have one. And, remember, I no longer work in a grocery store. I start a new job in a week, in accounting services, making a very decent pay rate, since Omaha and Nebraska, being the very nice Red state it is, pays very low. Even that is mentioned on the this site for information about Nebraska. I'm not even living in your damned state anymore. Why not show some intelligence and learn more about people. You have some real inferiority complexes in your lovely state, and I knew that when someone from Kearney, Nebraska, told me she was from "out West." Yea, Kearney is "out West." I got a Christmas card from a long time work associate (who is another elderly person in my life - omigod) and his comment in the card was, "What the hell are you doing in Omaha?" I lived in Nebraska for six months working for the government years ago and it still is one of the worse places to live in this country."
So does this mean our date for tonight is off? I got all cleaned up, too.

Thanks for ticking her off Omaha Rocks, you're on my sh*tlist now.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:55 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
All that to say you don't use free internet at the public library?

So these elderly guys you live with... What gives with that?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:39 PM

119 posts, read 438,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownNewbie View Post
What the heck is a troll? I don't ever use forums but I came across this one on Google and thought it would be good place to ask about Omaha. Obviously, most of the people on this forum are hardcore Omaha lovers who can't take criticism or offer any interesting feedback.

The guy with the bar advice was good.

I'll just use Google, you all suck and so does this town.
Your mistake was asking people in an Omaha forum about Omaha. You should have posted your questions to the New York or Chicago forums (you know, places that are just too overwhelming for us small town folk) and asked them what there is to do in Omaha. Since they like to do more than drink and watch Husker Football, they should know better than us.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:33 PM

50 posts, read 135,219 times
Quote:
After a hiatus, I couldn't help wondering what was being said on this forum. No, I'm not the poster under a different handle. I like my handle.

As for you, OTownNewbie, I do feel for you. I was in Omaha for three months, and within a month, I knew I wasn't staying. You are absolutely correct that the hardcore Omaha lovers can't take any criticism at all. Thing is, they have never lived in areas outside of their Upper Midwest, or larger cities, or on the coasts, and have an inferiority complex about it.

Yes, the drivers are terrible. They are old, usually, since people in this area never leave - usually because they are stuck and can't get out, not because they love it. I'd rather live somewhere where the older folks have some spunk, and in the Southwest, they are always from someplace else. Hell, even Warren Buffet couldn't move out of Omaha.

I worked at a grocery store - one of those ridiculous places where they give in to the customers no matter what - it's the "____ Way", as in the name of the store Way. The old customers, and some younger ones, were terrible. They would complain if you forgot to give them their five cent bag credit (so that would total, what five cents, or maybe 20 cents at times.)

They would expect to get the sale price on a different brand that wasn't on sale. They would "insist" in that great old Midwest stubborn way on having the price they wanted, and management at this place would give it to them. They haven't figured out that time is money - why wait around in two lines for your five cent bag credit?

One old woman customer said to me, "wouldn't you insist on saving 30 cents." I told her no. If the sign isn't for what I'm buying, I move on. It happens all the time at places; things get misshelved. I'm not going to waste my time arguing over 30 cents.

She complained to management about me. I figured she was a person in her 60s who has never lived anywhere else; wanted to live other places, experience the nation, at least; yet, was just always stuck in Omaha, and really resented those from other places, with other accents.

I left Omaha about three weeks after that encounter.

I found the football thing ridiculous, and found people would complain for weeks if something didn't turn out their way. Take the game in which Nebraska lost by one point - just recently. I don't remember the other team, maybe Texas. I've heard comments the game was fixed, just like the one was fixed against Florida or someone 20 something years ago. It's never just a lost game; it's resentment. Nebraska should always win.

About the driving and winter weather - the people were driving slow prior to the snows and ice. Don't let the other posters have you think otherwise.

Yes, the bar reference is typical. That is what you do in Omaha.

I got a Christmas card from an old, old friend in Minnesota (about 90). He thought I was still in Omaha and he wrote, "What the hell are you doing in Omaha? Nebraska has got to be the worst place in the country?"

I don't live in Minneapolis anymore either since I just can't take the cold anymore. But, The Twin Cities have much to offer, however after 13 years, it was time to move on.

I certainly can't wait to hear back from some Omaha people since they usually can't write much of anything intelligent and only make snide comments about other posters.
I'm not even from Omaha and you are annoying to me. Are you from the East Coast? Because the way you talk about how inferior the Mid-West is sure sounds like the East Coast snob talk. I'm probably offended by your comments because I have an aunt and uncle that live there. And they are certainly not unintelligent or drunks as you suggest. And regarding the whole "stuck and can't get out" comment, I would move to Omaha in a heartbeat before any "superior" city on the coasts. People like you are just so annoying. Every place you go is just the grace of God and any place that doesn't fit your fancy is total s*** to you. I visited Omaha a couple years ago and I loved it. I loved it way more than Seattle or Sand Diego and any other of the past "better" cities I had visited. Omaha has way more character than those cities. I think you are very arrogant to say people get stuck in a place they hate. They could very well like the city they live in and you are just way too "superior" to see it. I would really like to know the kind of "utopia" you live in.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralOregonDude02 View Post
I'm not even from Omaha and you are annoying to me. Are you from the East Coast? Because the way you talk about how inferior the Mid-West is sure sounds like the East Coast snob talk. I'm probably offended by your comments because I have an aunt and uncle that live there. And they are certainly not unintelligent or drunks as you suggest. And regarding the whole "stuck and can't get out" comment, I would move to Omaha in a heartbeat before any "superior" city on the coasts. People like you are just so annoying. Every place you go is just the grace of God and any place that doesn't fit your fancy is total s*** to you. I visited Omaha a couple years ago and I loved it. I loved it way more than Seattle or Sand Diego and any other of the past "better" cities I had visited. Omaha has way more character than those cities. I think you are very arrogant to say people get stuck in a place they hate. They could very well like the city they live in and you are just way too "superior" to see it. I would really like to know the kind of "utopia" you live in.
Honestly, I think there are people who feel better about themselves if they gripe about where they are, the people they're around, their jobs, and their lives in general. I'm not sure whether it's a "misery loves company" thing or an "it's everybody else's fault that my life sucks" thing or what. Either way, the problem is with the person doing the complaining, not with what they're complaining about.

Me & my family really like living in Omaha. It's not a perfect city because there isn't such a thing. There is crime, there are stupid people, there are things I don't like. But you find that anywhere. Personally, I think the good far outweighs the bad in Omaha, but I'll admit that that's partly because that's what I'm looking for. It's an attitude thing.

Live where you love, and love where you live.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:17 AM

50 posts, read 135,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Honestly, I think there are people who feel better about themselves if they gripe about where they are, the people they're around, their jobs, and their lives in general. I'm not sure whether it's a "misery loves company" thing or an "it's everybody else's fault that my life sucks" thing or what. Either way, the problem is with the person doing the complaining, not with what they're complaining about.

Me & my family really like living in Omaha. It's not a perfect city because there isn't such a thing. There is crime, there are stupid people, there are things I don't like. But you find that anywhere. Personally, I think the good far outweighs the bad in Omaha, but I'll admit that that's partly because that's what I'm looking for. It's an attitude thing.

Live where you love, and love where you live.

Yes. I totally agree with you. I mean my hometown is far from perfect, but it's got some aspects of it that I really like. But I'm not on here griping about how much I hate it.

I always manage to find SOME kind of aspect to a new city that I haven't been to that I like. And in most cases, I find it hard to find anything I don't like about a city. And it just so happens with Omaha, I loved the whole area. I like how it's so spread out and all the cool little shops in the Old Town district. I also like how it goes from farmland to a major city. I guess she couldn't see the charm in Omaha that I can see.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralOregonDude02 View Post
Yes. I totally agree with you. I mean my hometown is far from perfect, but it's got some aspects of it that I really like. But I'm not on here griping about how much I hate it.

I always manage to find SOME kind of aspect to a new city that I haven't been to that I like. And in most cases, I find it hard to find anything I don't like about a city. And it just so happens with Omaha, I loved the whole area. I like how it's so spread out and all the cool little shops in the Old Town district. I also like how it goes from farmland to a major city. I guess she couldn't see the charm in Omaha that I can see.
My wife & I ate dinner in South O today - down in the old Stockyards District. Guaca Maya Restaurant. Welcome to Guaca Maya

Cool place to eat. But honestly, I'm not particularly fond of that part of Omaha. But it's cool, I don't have to be. I don't live there. And I don't have to talk trash about it.

It just is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha