Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 03:37 PM

8 posts, read 17,617 times

Advertisements

Hello All

ok i seen an add on CL for a house i made an appt. to go see it the house is what i was looking for, there was a few things wrong with i pointed out they told me they would all be taken care of i signed a lease, they fixed one thing the water heater BUT nothing else and won't it anything now.

My main question is 1 week after i moved in they starting calling for Brokers to start showing the house for sale they told me nothing about the house being for sale i have a 14 month lease but now Brokers are showing up everyday to show the house letting all these people in here

Can they do this? or can i refuse?

I tried to buy the house but can't come up with a ton of money for down payment, so now the brokers management company is getting real snottie with me refusing to fix anything and telling me that i have to let them in

Any Help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:03 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
As for the fixes, they would have had to be specified in the lease. A verbal agreement is a crapshoot with those types of things.

I also do not think you have a choice but to let them show the home, but I do think they have to give you adequate notice before hand. I'm also pretty sure they have the right to sell the home at anytime during your lease.

Other posters here would know better than I, as they either have rental properties or have studied law.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM

737 posts, read 1,916,851 times
Sounds like a job for a lawyer.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
I'd agree. I'd say that most judges (if it got that far) would agree that the landlord bringing people over to look at the house everyday was pretty unreasonable.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:16 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,584 times
Put a chain lock on the door. I had a them show up to show a house I once rented.
I was in the bathroom. They knocked once and opened the door. I then knowing they were inside
walked into the room in my underwear.
Also be helpful to the sales people.
The house I was renting was listed as a 2 br full basement. The one bedroom had no door, more of a large opening so I put a table and chairs in it as a dining room. The second bedroom was a large in-closed porch.
So I would show them the porch bedroom and challenge them to find a second bedroom.
Must people left then.
The ones that stayed would suggest its in the full basement.
I would then challenge them to find the "full basement" which was accessed by moving a rug in the kitchen and opening a trap door. LOL The full basement had a 5 foot ceiling and water leaks.

All the sudden there were very few showings. Bah haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: