Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 PM

28 posts, read 68,392 times

Advertisements

how true about LUND
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 05:10 AM

very true. They were not very good last time they manage I heard, but before we moved in. This time, I am living here and going on my second yr. they just took over a few months agao. It is mainly the management on site. I am not sure they know what common sense is. They would rather not have an empty apartment RATHER THAN HAVING THE RIGHT PEOPLE MOVE IN. At this rate, I have a feeling it will go down hill fast.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:16 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytom View Post
very true. They were not very good last time they manage I heard, but before we moved in. This time, I am living here and going on my second yr. they just took over a few months agao. It is mainly the management on site. I am not sure they know what common sense is. They would rather not have an empty apartment RATHER THAN HAVING THE RIGHT PEOPLE MOVE IN. At this rate, I have a feeling it will go down hill fast.
Are you talking about a Lund property? If so, I agree about on-site management, but trust me when I say it starts at the top. I dealt with a VP at Lund, and I still can't believe the BS I heard.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Default lund management

Their handling of in house teen problems is not good. you complain about a real problem and they put things in your file. My son is trying to find work out of state and we can't wait to get out of here. Just not impressed. Worse I have dealt with.
Kathy

Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 PM

We finally got out of omaha. We left autumn grove apts under Lund, My son quit his job and we just moved where my daughter is in Oak Rige ,TN He just s need to find a job With his BA.

Below is a letter sent to mr Lund beacause a tenant moved in above us for months NOT ON THE LEASE and tormented and bullied me right out of our apt. We finally filed a federal complaint.

[SIZE=3] November 3, 2010 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Dear Mr. Lund,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a tenant in Autumn Grove Apt Complex. My name is Kathy Tompkin and I live with my adult son, Travis Stewart due to my illness of MS, Pulmonary Emboli and severe arthritis. We moved in May of 2009 when Cormac was managing this complex. We were very happy with the apt and the area. Angela Lagasse and Kelly Foral have not handled a problem that has been going on for months, leaving me no option but to obtain help from outside agencies.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] We have lived here since May of 2009 and March of 2010, a new tenant moved in 201 at 5375 south 156th court. We are in 101 right under them. The lease was only in Floyd’s (the b/f’s name). Lona and her teen daughter and later an older son have never been on the lease. After months of enduring the excessive noise and the unsupervised teen and many of her friends causing the excessive noise, I did as the leasing office said and I called the sheriff. They would not answer the door after running up and down, hiding in bushes and jumping in the apt. The sheriff said it was management’s problem to handle. Their neighbor and friend Dave in 202 came home and also knocked and still no answer. They girl and her friends lied to the mom and said I would not let them in the hallway to go in. What they did not see was a male tenant that waited with me while the sheriff was on the way. I am too weak to hold an Iron Gate shut. This was almost 11 pm when it started and kept up until almost 1 am. After the sheriff, left the woman in 201 came home. I was in the shower when she almost banged my door down. I was startled and fell in the shower. I am on Coumadin and falls could be fatal for me. I called the sheriff back and I heard him tell her that it was too late for those teens to be out and making noise. She replied that she was not home. He told me to not open the door to her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]After he left the second time, she deliberately slammed that Iron Gate from 1 am until 4 am. Even after my son came home from work at 6 am, he witnessed the Iron Gate slamming. The retaliation started and has not stopped. Stomping, banging and jumping up and down until plaster came off the walls twice which I took a handful down to the office. Banging on the outside of my apt, my car being egged and my peephole being blacken out in addition to all the noise above our head. I was forced out of my bedroom and have been sleeping in the dining room. Going up the steps they would kick the bed room wall besides the slamming of the gates. The office after months started sending notices about the noise, then finally the end of September they had a court hearing and I was told I was needed to testify. I had no problem with that, but I was never told when the hearing was going to take place. I found out that your company made a deal for them to pay a certain amount and they would be moved to another apt/building. I was never mentioned or the harassment, disability. They have their click and they would not stop from coming back to this building. Angela kept telling us for weeks it was almost over, but they continue to harass me and the teen grunted at me. Stated by order of the court, they had to vacate November 1st and they are still here. I heard the rumors that their friends were trying to keep them here in this building after we vacate. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We finally could not take this anymore. My son was worried about leaving me alone. A third floor tenant bought me mace to protect myself. Tenants on the other side of the complex gave me cell numbers if I needed help because my son worked nights and I was alone. The constant excessive noise allowed very little sleep and my falling increased. My doctor documented the decline of my health in the last few months because of no sleep and stress from the harassment. I have MRI’S and reports from my doctor to show my health has declined. He even supplied a statement to the outside agency. We just could not take this anymore and my son quit his job and Angela agreed to a 30 day notice with no consequences for leaving which we have in emails. We are being forced out and our life turned upside down. We are going to TN because the doctor wants me to have surgery on my neck because of the damage to my cervical area from falls, which these tenants caused and your company allowed. We are moving in with my daughter and hope that my son finds a job. Your company should be ashamed to allow a disabled person to be harassed all because I did as your office told me to do. I called the sheriff on an unsupervised teen causing excessive noise. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Then we hear the rumors, even with a court order, they were laying low until we leave and they were going to stay in their apt. I even got the feeling that Angela might consider this. I have sought help from outside agencies. The league of human Dignity came to check on me and discuss what I needed to do.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]You are losing a tenant that has never been late on rent or has not caused trouble for a tenant that was evicted the first time leaving owing you rent. She moved in with her b/f after being told no to leasing the apt. So she moves in with Floyd and he never puts her or the kids on the lease. Allowing non tenants to cause this kind of trouble and harass and drive us out with the help of their click.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]How would you feel if I was your mother or grandmother? Your company should be ashamed. I wonder how the public would feel about my treatment. I have a witness to what we endured. We have been lied to , treated like we are idiots. I used to manage apts in more than one state and I know what to do. I have involved outside agencies. We have been told that your company violated our lease several times. They also lied about what happened in the hearing. We had the transcript read to us. The people skills of this management staff is sorely lacking. How can you condone this kind of treatment of someone who is older and disabled? I thought the amount of rent we were paying that this would be an up scaled living complex. Your employees need to read their mission statement again because they do not practice it. We were entitled to some type of quiet living and it was anything but that. Sometimes the noise and stomping/jumping would go on all night. I am still deciding my next move. I have people advising me as to what steps to take. I can’t let you guys off the hook because this is deplorable. No one in this company has even offered a sincere apology. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 AM

306 posts, read 714,562 times
Alpine Village just off of 84th and Harrison might be able to cut you a deal for a unit in one of their buildings. There may be some smoke & water damage though.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:22 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytom View Post
We finally got out of omaha. We left autumn grove apts under Lund, My son quit his job and we just moved where my daughter is in Oak Rige ,TN He just s need to find a job With his BA.

Below is a letter sent to mr Lund beacause a tenant moved in above us for months NOT ON THE LEASE and tormented and bullied me right out of our apt. We finally filed a federal complaint.
I'm sorry you have to deal with Lund. Unfortunately, I also have experience dealing with them. I had to hire an attorney. I won't post the details here, but feel free to DM me. I truly hope they do something about the employees they have working for them, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:39 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I'm sorry you have to deal with Lund. Unfortunately, I also have experience dealing with them. I had to hire an attorney. I won't post the details here, but feel free to DM me. I truly hope they do something about the employees they have working for them, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Shoot me the details in a PM if you wouldn't mind. I'd love to hear the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha