Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:40 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
Well yeah I'm a lefty. It doesn't take too much sluething to determine that, although you'd probably have to weed thorugh my posts in the automotive forum where I make sure everyone know about the junk products that Chrylser manufactures. So it shouldn't be surprising that I like Moore better than Beck. I assume anyone that would come on here saying that they think Beck is golden could be found to be a far-right kind of person from investagating their posting history.

I'm just saying I like Moore, because I agree with his point of view. I understand in his movies and books he pushing a viewpoint. One that most the time I happen to agree with. Not all the time, but most the time. I also think he's funny and clever and brings up some important ideas that wouldn't get a platform if it weren't for his work. So yeah I like Michael Moore, I'd put it on a t-shirt and wear it proud.
If you would like to keep an open mind, I would pay attention to Beck's viewpoints and assessment of our economy. That is his redeeming quality.

Granted, he will always spin things to make demons out of the left, but he is the ONLY person in the media laying it straight with how ****ed the economy is right now.

Just a suggestion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
If you would like to keep an open mind, I would pay attention to Beck's viewpoints and assessment of our economy. That is his redeeming quality.

Granted, he will always spin things to make demons out of the left, but he is the ONLY person in the media laying it straight with how ****ed the economy is right now.

Just a suggestion...

I think we'll all agree the economy is royaly screwed up right now. But where I will differ with Beck is on how it got screwed up in the first place and what needs to be done to fix it.

It's a fact the rich are getting richer and the poor are becoming poorer. If things continue the way they are now the middle class will become a 20th century construct that was a blip on the map of human history. We will go back to the exlusively rich and the serfs in their service.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I think we'll all agree the economy is royaly screwed up right now. But where I will differ with Beck is on how it got screwed up in the first place and what needs to be done to fix it.

It's a fact the rich are getting richer and the poor are becoming poorer. If things continue the way they are now the middle class will become a 20th century construct that was a blip on the map of human history. We will go back to the exlusively rich and the serfs in their service.
But here's a problem leftists have in their ideology: They always seem to think that the poor are getting poorer because they are the victims of the rich. And that is simply not true (at least not all the time).

I have an extended family member who is absolutely dirt poor - and this despite the fact that he makes a decent income and I rent him a very nice house for $600 per month. He has very close to the same income I have, yet he is going farther behind all the time.

His problem is not "the rich." His problem is himself, and his incredibly stupid financial decisions - decisions he keeps making.

Calvin Coolidge said it well. “The wise and correct course to follow in taxation is not to destroy those who have already secured success, but to create conditions under which everyone will have a better chance to be successful.”

Old 02-03-2010, 11:37 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
But here's a problem leftists have in their ideology: They always seem to think that the poor are getting poorer because they are the victims of the rich. And that is simply not true (at least not all the time).

I have an extended family member who is absolutely dirt poor - and this despite the fact that he makes a decent income and I rent him a very nice house for $600 per month. He has very close to the same income I have, yet he is going farther behind all the time.

His problem is not "the rich." His problem is himself, and his incredibly stupid financial decisions - decisions he keeps making.

Calvin Coolidge said it well. “The wise and correct course to follow in taxation is not to destroy those who have already secured success, but to create conditions under which everyone will have a better chance to be successful.”

I can't argue with that quote from Cal. It's a fact we have a problem with too many Americans that won't help themselves.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
The basic nature of capitalism is not the root of the poor getting poorer either, as many leftists would like to believe. It has everything to do with global competition and to an extent, it's a societal problem fed by social handouts.

Global competition is forcing our middle income workers to work more for less while inflation rises. Plain and simple. It also doesn't help that we have outsourced a large majority of our manufacturing sector which supported a vast majority of that class of worker.

As for our social programs, they have allowed generations of Americans to feel as though they need not work for anything because the government will subsidize their lifestyle.

We are ****ed, basically. We are borrowing from a country which we have outsourced a great deal of our manufacturing to in order to subsidize our welfare programs. (anyone see a perpetual "bend-over" type problem there?)

Look, this conversation could go on for days and days, but the point remains, we are up **** creek without a paddle....

Old 02-03-2010, 02:03 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,625,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
M.M is a lying P.O.S. I am a big fan of Bill and Glenn. To each his own.
I do lovingly call Bill's show "The Oh Really Factor" Too much TV news will rot your own ability to make your own choices no matter left leaning or right leaning.

Go fishing and pet your pet, live life. The TV pundits will either fail or thrive. Look who is thriving right now and look whose poll numbers are dropping like a big turd. Acorn helped this turd steal the election.
I also found out the real reason our turd won the election. ? --

All the schizophrenics got to vote twice !
O'Reilley and Beck are lying P.O.S's, too, so there is really no difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: