U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 PM

2,589 posts, read 9,957,632 times

Advertisements

Billie posted a thread on Douglas County (thanks), so I found the Sarpy one and figured I'd post it, too.

Sarpy County Nebraska - Election

For incumbants the ones that did not refile for election are:
Tim Gay, Senator
Joni Jones, County Commissioner
Gary Mixan, Bellevue Mayor
Dan Flannagan, PLV School Board

Jim Thompson who is on the Learning Community filed for County Commissioner - wonder if he would hold both seats?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 AM

3,098 posts, read 6,942,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Billie posted a thread on Douglas County (thanks), so I found the Sarpy one and figured I'd post it, too.

Sarpy County Nebraska - Election

For incumbants the ones that did not refile for election are:
Tim Gay, Senator
Joni Jones, County Commissioner
Gary Mixan, Bellevue Mayor
Dan Flannagan, PLV School Board

Jim Thompson who is on the Learning Community filed for County Commissioner - wonder if he would hold both seats?

dave

I suspect Thompson would likely have to step down

btw: a friend of mine on the learning community is running for ops board

i think likely he will have to step down from the LC if he defeats Sophir in the election in november

Old 02-19-2010, 10:48 AM

29 posts, read 63,734 times
In regards to Tim Gay's open seat:

Ian Hartfield, who is a youth pastor at Kountze Memorial Church, has filed. He ran against Senator Gay in the last election as well.

I don't know if he has filed yet, but someone mentioned to me that Jim Smith from the Papillion Planning Commission may be running.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:47 PM

3,098 posts, read 6,942,276 times
I wish Ian the best

I remember his article from over a year ago in the paper

on how bad the MAT bus system is in sarpy county and the omaha area in general and he was right on

Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 AM

2,589 posts, read 9,957,632 times
Someone once told me that there is a difference between a "major" seat and a "minor" seat. You cannot hold two major seats, but there are times you can hold both a major and a minor seat. I saw something that indicated that the Learning Community is considered minor, so Mr Thompson might be able to hold both.

The minor thing for Learning Community does not make sense to me though since it is probably one of the largest boards in the state and takes so much of my property tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha