Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,420,553 times

Advertisements

One day they will protest against the wrong group of people, and then we will never hear from them again. I personally cannot wait for that date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
One day they will protest against the wrong group of people, and then we will never hear from them again. I personally cannot wait for that date.
From what I hear, they WANT provocation. They WANT somebody to lash out and punch one of them.

Then they sue. That's how they make their money.

It probably is not just coincidental that most/all of them are lawyers.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
By wishing violence on them, you're as bad as they are. I personally think these folks are vile, but I don't wish death on any of them.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
By wishing violence on them, you're as bad as they are. I personally think these folks are vile, but I don't wish death on any of them.
Honestly, I doubt many would lose much sleep had their bus plunged off a cliff. They are, in my opinion, no better than murderers and rapists in prison.

There are many different ways to be an utterly disgusting and revolting person, and one way definitely includes preying upon the grieving at their loved ones funerals.

Screw them people, I don't wish they would die because clearly they are suffering in their own lives, but if they do die, you can bet I will not be grieving. Hell, I may even protest their funerals.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM

482 posts, read 1,331,056 times
It sure would be perfect to protest their funerals!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
It sure would be perfect to protest their funerals!
Why not do it? There's a good handfull of them, I'm sure one's gotta kick the bucket sometime.

We should keep an ear open

Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Honestly, I doubt many would lose much sleep had their bus plunged off a cliff. They are, in my opinion, no better than murderers and rapists in prison.

There are many different ways to be an utterly disgusting and revolting person, and one way definitely includes preying upon the grieving at their loved ones funerals.

Screw them people, I don't wish they would die because clearly they are suffering in their own lives, but if they do die, you can bet I will not be grieving. Hell, I may even protest their funerals.
No argument that these people are slime. Why? Because of the hate they spew. I pity them but I don't hate them. To hate them would make me equal.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:25 PM

370 posts, read 1,356,383 times
I view them as nothing more than scam artists. They set up their inflamatory "protests" then wait for someone to {allegedly} violate their civil rights--whether it be a city official, law enforcement, counterprotestor, whoever--and sue.

They have quite a profilable little scam going, and they are raising their own next generation. Sadly, I wonder if the young ones begin to actually believe the garbage they spew to help the adults conduct their scam.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisOneTaken? View Post
I view them as nothing more than scam artists. They set up their inflamatory "protests" then wait for someone to {allegedly} violate their civil rights--whether it be a city official, law enforcement, counterprotestor, whoever--and sue.

They have quite a profilable little scam going, and they are raising their own next generation. Sadly, I wonder if the young ones begin to actually believe the garbage they spew to help the adults conduct their scam.

They're all mostly of the same family. The "church" is run by Fred Phelps, and most of the people are related to him somehow.

I haven't heard much about them filing lawsuits, as much as they are just plain hateful people who believe God hates the world and will judge it.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,420,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
From what I hear, they WANT provocation. They WANT somebody to lash out and punch one of them.

Then they sue. That's how they make their money.

It probably is not just coincidental that most/all of them are lawyers.
Oh I'm not talking about someone just hitting them, I'm talking about one day someone will actually pull a gun and start shooting. I'm not advocating this, it's just hard to deny the face of such a level of provacation they dish out... and it would be difficult for anyone to sue them afterwards.

At least the children of them would be placed in state homes...a way better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Again, I didn't say I "wish" or was advocating someone actually going out and doing it, I'm saying it WILL happen one day. No one can possibly get away with the amount of provocation they do and not. It's simply impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: