Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,508,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
actually they have a neighborhood where more than 1 polo match is played a day.

it is called Regency or the area around Omaha Westside High school

Perverts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,460 times
lol at this thread. Maybe we should have a straight pride parade. We could all wear normal clothes and bring our opposite sex spouse to march with us.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
What do you think about that idea? The Benson Neighborhood Association welcomes the idea, plus at least 5 businesses their are gay owned. What do you think about this idea?

Why the obsession with a "gay district"? I've seen the suggestion on here before. I just don't get it. Don't mean to sound like a jerk...I just don't understand it, and would like to be informed.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM

482 posts, read 1,331,056 times
Not this again. Hey remember when we found out last year that some people think that pride parades are offensive and others think that they are a great forum for expression? We also learned that a great area for a gay district could be the old market, or Council Bluffs, or Leavenworth street. Or maybe those places should become straight districts...I forgot which way it went. My favorite part was when people started getting these really creative parade themes like child abuser parades and dog lover parades! It was also really awesome when people started the name calling. Shut up sissy hands! No you shut up red neck! That was soooooo cool. I hope we can all relive it right here!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
Not this again. Hey remember when we found out last year that some people think that pride parades are offensive and others think that they are a great forum for expression? We also learned that a great area for a gay district could be the old market, or Council Bluffs, or Leavenworth street. Or maybe those places should become straight districts...I forgot which way it went. My favorite part was when people started getting these really creative parade themes like child abuser parades and dog lover parades! It was also really awesome when people started the name calling. Shut up sissy hands! No you shut up red neck! That was soooooo cool. I hope we can all relive it right here!

Are we not allowed to ask a simple question? I'm not looking to call anyone names, but I am genuinely curious why some people feel the need to have a "district" devoted to their lifestyle or sexual choice. What about the people in Benson that don't want that? Maybe they are happy to have a nice, quiet neighborhood to raise their kids.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Are we not allowed to ask a simple question? I'm not looking to call anyone names, but I am genuinely curious why some people feel the need to have a "district" devoted to their lifestyle or sexual choice. What about the people in Benson that don't want that? Maybe they are happy to have a nice, quiet neighborhood to raise their kids.
I did not mean to imply that you should not ask questions. The problem is that these types of threads just get way off track and turn into insult-a-thons. I really wish that this board could handle an adult conversation about this topic, but the previous threads about it have proved that that is probably never going to happen.

I think that by Benson, surf is talking about the business district along Maple street. I personally think that Maple is turning into a nice live music area, so may not be the best for a "gay district". The area of town that already has gay clubs and the like around Leavenworth would be a great are for gay businesses to expand. A little bit of gentrifying in that area would not be a bad thing at all.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,460 times
On a more serious note. Why do people take the thread wayy off topic?

It's the simple fact that gay people have been tainted by the few groups of them that have eleborate parades under a canopy of rainbows, dressed in thongs and making out with each other in the streets. Then those groups claim they are just expressing their feelings and try to make everyone else believe that is perfectly normal behavior, which isn't the case, even for straight people.

This behavior is what people picture taking over parts of their city. Because of the way certain groups of gay people act so lavishly out of the norm, others don't take them seriously and show it by not responding seriously, joking, or calling names.

So when someone comes in and wants to declare certain parts of the city as a "gay district" a city that has been traditionally very conservative, they get laughed at and made fun of.

Eitherway. I think many gay people are very nice individuals, very passionate, creative, and loving people. Like several people, they have a side to their lifestyle that I don't agree with. But the people that hide themselves behind an obnoxious version of that lifestyle, or let that part of their lifestyle control who they are and what they do need some serious help.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 PM

109 posts, read 257,047 times
Oh man here we go, just wait until Surf comes back. I give this thread three days before it is locked.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
I did not mean to imply that you should not ask questions. The problem is that these types of threads just get way off track and turn into insult-a-thons. I really wish that this board could handle an adult conversation about this topic, but the previous threads about it have proved that that is probably never going to happen.

I think that by Benson, surf is talking about the business district along Maple street. I personally think that Maple is turning into a nice live music area, so may not be the best for a "gay district". The area of town that already has gay clubs and the like around Leavenworth would be a great are for gay businesses to expand. A little bit of gentrifying in that area would not be a bad thing at all.
Who started the thread? One could certainly make the argument that perhaps this thread shouldn't be here if the OP has a problem with people asking questions. I'm not interested in fighting or calling anyone names. I haven't even voiced an opinion good or bad about the subjects of homosexuality. But is this the proper place to discuss a "District" for it, and if it is, why are people offended at people asking questions?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Who started the thread? One could certainly make the argument that perhaps this thread shouldn't be here if the OP has a problem with people asking questions. I'm not interested in fighting or calling anyone names. I haven't even voiced an opinion good or bad about the subjects of homosexuality. But is this the proper place to discuss a "District" for it, and if it is, why are people offended at people asking questions?
Surfomaha started this thread, and many others like it. I actually like most of his posts, but he has a way of really getting under some peoples skin. Last year he was rocking the boat on this board, and made a lot of enemies. Most of his threads ended up devolving into petty name calling bouts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha