Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
And yours:

"you're arrogant"

"you're condescending"

"you're pompous"

Ya...full or originality.

By the way, I have never suggested for a second that people east of me are inferior or less intelligent!! Where the heck do you pull this from? You're like the Glenn Beck of the Omaha forum.

You throw that claim out even though I have never remotely suggested such a thing. My stance is pretty clear. Anyone thinking any side of town is superior is a dolt! But that doesn't mean i'm ok with people insulting me and my family simply because i live in west Omaha.
Perhaps you should try to reign in your arrogance long enough to stop being condescending and insulting yourself. Ya think maybe?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
There is no one so blind as he who refuses to see.

Or should I say, "both the guys" who refuse to see.
See what? The non existent?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should try to reign in your arrogance long enough to stop being condescending and insulting yourself. Ya think maybe?
I encourage you.......

look deeply.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I encourage you.......

look deeply.
That's cute, junior. Got anything more original than that? Or don't they teach creative thought over in the Millard district?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,500 times
I'm done. You are completely unable to look at and discuss the actual issue. Rather you simply boil everything down to personal attacks.

It should tell you something when you go back and note that not once did I insult the people of north Omaha. In fact, I defended them a number or times. Yet you claim I'm arrogant because I refuse to simply accept your conclusion that everyone in west Omaha is an arrogant, pompous, snob.

Your logic is beyond baffling. At any rate, I'm tired and all we are doing is supplying you with a venue to heave insult upon insult so I'm done.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
I'm done. You are completely unable to look at and discuss the actual issue. Rather you simply boil everything down to personal attacks.

It should tell you something when you go back and note that not once did I insult the people of north Omaha. In fact, I defended them a number or times. Yet you claim I'm arrogant because I refuse to simply accept your conclusion that everyone in west Omaha is an arrogant, pompous, snob.

Your logic is beyond baffling. At any rate, I'm tired and all we are doing is supplying you with a venue to heave insult upon insult so I'm done.
And yet you come back, after you've already said you're done, to throw in more petty insults.

If you don't want others to think West O people are arrogant pompous snobs, stop acting like an arrogant pompous snob. Pretty simple. But apparently that's beyond either your comprehension or ability.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 AM

4 posts, read 4,504 times
Quote:
Of COURSE you'll find that to be true! Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with poverty versus prosperity?

Do you suppose it's possible that little miss Madison, whose daddy is a doctor and has had everything handed to her on a silver platter, might do better in school than Anthony, who lives with his single mother next to a Section 8 apartment complex?

Then of course, little Miss Madison's rich daddy will buy her a new Jeep Liberty and just write out a check for whatever college she wants to attend. Whatever she wants or needs, she has daddy's credit card.

Then when perfect little Miss Madison graduates from college, daddy will just buy her some business to run, kind of like busy-work - you know, something to do.

By the time Miss Perfect's daddy has paid for her $75,000 wedding at the Country Club, and she & her husband have a couple school-aged children, she'll INSIST on taking her kids in her Lexus SUV to a MILLARD school, because MILLARD schools are just inherently superior to all other schools.

Perfect Madison will be REALLY arrogant too. After she drops her oldest son (Jayden) off at school, and her daughter (Chloe) off at Montessori, she'll go to Starbucks Coffee, sip her custom made frappo-snotty-ccino and chat with her rich white friends Morgan & Ashley. They'll chortle on about how HARD they've had to work to get where they are, and how they thank GOD (every Sunday at their mega-church) for the Millard Schools, and that they don't have to live in North O with all those Negros!

Praise God & pass the over-priced coffee!
I'm just confused as to why you are attacking star_gazer in this post. They never once even mentioned your precious North Omaha in their post. They replied to a post that stated, "Feel free to ask the other 6 ops schools reps why they dont do as good as Omaha North and Westside do and also ask Millard South and Millard West reps also that same question. "

With the simple fact that one person scoring a perfect does not mean the schools as a whole didn't perform as well. I mean star_gazer didn't even mention north high in her post!

"Apparently you're an angry little person who doesn't live far enough west. And obviously I've struck a nerve. Ooooo..."

Calling someone an angry little person after you've blatantly attacked them for never once saying a negative thing about you or your area is ironic beyond belief.

"I'm insecure because I think it's stupid, ignorant and arrogant when people in West O are always bragging about their schools and neighborhoods, and talking trash about North O?"

No one in this thread said a negative thing about North O. You're making assumptions of things that aren't there.

"I'm insecure when I point out the fact that many people have fled to West O because they're racists, and simply don't want to live around blacks?"

I'm sorry I don't live around a lot of black people. I'm sorry that I live around 13th and vinton instead of 72nd and Ames. That doesn't make any of my points invalid.

"Why do people from West O feel the inherent right to talk trash about North O, if not for arrogance and racism?"

When was trash talked? Oh, that's right; when you lambasted and innocent person for making a post about their child's school.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmaup View Post
I'm just confused as to why you are attacking star_gazer in this post. They never once even mentioned your precious North Omaha in their post. They replied to a post that stated, "Feel free to ask the other 6 ops schools reps why they dont do as good as Omaha North and Westside do and also ask Millard South and Millard West reps also that same question. "

With the simple fact that one person scoring a perfect does not mean the schools as a whole didn't perform as well. I mean star_gazer didn't even mention north high in her post!

"Apparently you're an angry little person who doesn't live far enough west. And obviously I've struck a nerve. Ooooo..."

Calling someone an angry little person after you've blatantly attacked them for never once saying a negative thing about you or your area is ironic beyond belief.

"I'm insecure because I think it's stupid, ignorant and arrogant when people in West O are always bragging about their schools and neighborhoods, and talking trash about North O?"

No one in this thread said a negative thing about North O. You're making assumptions of things that aren't there.

"I'm insecure when I point out the fact that many people have fled to West O because they're racists, and simply don't want to live around blacks?"

I'm sorry I don't live around a lot of black people. I'm sorry that I live around 13th and vinton instead of 72nd and Ames. That doesn't make any of my points invalid.

"Why do people from West O feel the inherent right to talk trash about North O, if not for arrogance and racism?"

When was trash talked? Oh, that's right; when you lambasted and innocent person for making a post about their child's school.
Obviously this is a duplicate account.

Nice try.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:15 AM

4 posts, read 4,504 times
Quote:
Obviously this is a duplicate account.

Nice try.

It truly isn't. I came across the forums last night bored and was perusing the threads. Started when I was reading news stories about my high school! (Omaha South High School) A thread popped up in a google and I thought this forums looked interesting. I saw you in most of the posts and thought you seemed like a pretty cool guy. I even cheered you on a little when you were taking it to people that did complain about north and south Omaha.

Then I came across this post and it just spoiled the whole thing. Enough that I decided to register and make a post.

Also, even if it was a duplicate account it doesn't change any of the statements made.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmaup View Post
It truly isn't. I came across the forums last night bored and was perusing the threads. Started when I was reading news stories about my high school! (Omaha South High School) A thread popped up in a google and I thought this forums looked interesting. I saw you in most of the posts and thought you seemed like a pretty cool guy. I even cheered you on a little when you were taking it to people that did complain about north and south Omaha.

Then I came across this post and it just spoiled the whole thing. Enough that I decided to register and make a post.

Also, even if it was a duplicate account it doesn't change any of the statements made.
So... What is it that you're trying to say?

Am I wrong in pointing out the stupid arrogance of so many West Omaha/Millard people? Am I wrong in pointing out the FACT that socio-economic factors play a big role in school success? Am I wrong in pointing out the FACT that people who live east of 90th St get sick to death of the incredibly stupid, racist and arrogant attitudes of so many West O people?

Tell me where I'm wrong, and back it up.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha