Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Couldn't agree more that there are people that break the law by waking up in this country every morning.

However....can ANYONE say that any specific athlete from South is here illegally? And is a high school soccer game the place to address it?
Perhaps its a sign that our "leaders" or officials should think about this incident differently, perhaps address it. Now say your sorry to the anchor babys. Yeah people are fed up and to the point where our school kids are pulling these kinds of stunts? Lets quit playing panzie a$ and adress the real problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,292 times
If you think that the student's mentality was to address immigration issues by throwing green cards in the air after defeating a largely hispanic soccer team that would be incorrect. They did this to be cute or funny, not because they are fed up with illegal immigration. You give these guys too much credit for their actions.

And no. . A high school soccer game isn't the place to address it.

And yes, illegal immigration is something that needs to be addressed. The current tactics to keep people from entering the country illegally are not working. It's a national security issue to not have secure borders. One of our government's primary jobs is to protect and defend our borders and they aren't doing it. Instead they are focused on doing things that isn't in their job descrption like trying to make people buy health insurance.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post

And yes, illegal immigration is something that needs to be addressed. The current tactics to keep people from entering the country illegally are not working. It's a national security issue to not have secure borders. One of our government's primary jobs is to protect and defend our borders and they aren't doing it. Instead they are focused on doing things that isn't in their job descrption like trying to make people buy health insurance.

Ironically, Mexico guards their southern border much more closely than we watch our's. Just saying....any Mexican that whines about an immigration policy that is too strong is a hypocrite.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 PM

48 posts, read 103,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It is rather unfortunate that we have 10's of millions of Illegal aliens in our country, THAT is the unfortunate part.

By saying that are you condoning the actions of these students?

Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,822 times
All of this is happening because these rich kids dont know anything about the realworld. East high school is an all white school in a rich neighbor hood. They all live in lala land and never encounter with the real life situarions.either way what they did was unacceptable.as for all you racist mofos i dont know what you guys are trippen on. Your european a** crossed the ocean and stole the native americans lands.maybe we should take that land back.mexicans crossed the river not the ocean, whos the true immigrant

Old 05-20-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaz_abby View Post
All of this is happening because these rich kids dont know anything about the realworld. East high school is an all white school in a rich neighbor hood. They all live in lala land and never encounter with the real life situarions.either way what they did was unacceptable.as for all you racist mofos i dont know what you guys are trippen on. Your european a** crossed the ocean and stole the native americans lands.maybe we should take that land back.mexicans crossed the river not the ocean, whos the true immigrant

You're as judgmental and condescending as anyone else by your statements here.

How do you know what these "rich kids" know?

Then, you go into a tirade about europeans taking the indian's land? Are you naive enough to think the indians didn't steal it from someone else? What gives them the right to the land? They haven't lived here since time began.

Besides...you do realize Mexicans today are largely a mix of Spanish, Black and Mayan peoples, right?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,822 times
I dont take back anything i say. What these kids did was uncalled for.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
I hope no ones feelings were hurt too bad and I'm happy to see the kids apologized and its reported on the news again tonight. Now I am still waiting for my apology from my "leaders" not children, that have totally failed to stop this thing before it started.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,381 times
It was tacky and classless. I do not believe for one second the students were trying to make a statement about illegal immigration. They thought it would be funny to make fun of hispanics. East won the game and they should have celebrated that. There was no reason to taunt a team that they beat. It was a complete lack of sportsmanship and they should be embarrassed.

As for the East coach saying it wasn't intentional...what an idiot. Yeah, the "green cards" just magically appeared in and then jumped out of some students pockets. Right.....

Old 05-21-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
It was tacky and classless. I do not believe for one second the students were trying to make a statement about illegal immigration. They thought it would be funny to make fun of hispanics. East won the game and they should have celebrated that. There was no reason to taunt a team that they beat. It was a complete lack of sportsmanship and they should be embarrassed.

As for the East coach saying it wasn't intentional...what an idiot. Yeah, the "green cards" just magically appeared in and then jumped out of some students pockets. Right.....

Apparently, after South beat Gretna, an OPS official made a remark over the PA system that was derogatory toward "White boys".

Not saying the green card crap was justified, but it does look like there is more history to it than what we see at first glance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha