Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
^^ Actually I don't mind using the Bakers Plus Card. I do a lot of stuff online, and it's pretty easy to save some big bucks that way. I often stock up when their bags of frozen veggies are on sale for 88 cents, or pork tenderloin goes on sale for 99 cents per pound.

Also, I just filled up our van for $2.53 per gallon, because we had saved up "Baker Bucks" or whatever they're called.

All in all, I'm okay with Bakers.
For me, it's the principle. Put things on sale or don't put them on sale, but don't charge two different prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 PM

262 posts, read 1,026,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I like Hy-Vee and can't stand Baker's. Their stupid value card pricing pisses me off. I don't want to be forced to have one just so they can get my information and keep tabs on what I purchase. I'd rather a store just put things on sale.
If you're that paranoid about it, just sign up with fake information. It's not like they check or even care. Bakers gets major points for having self-checkout lanes. I love being able to get in and out with no wait, while all the old people who are afraid of computers wait in a line for 20 minutes.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighusker View Post
If you're that paranoid about it, just sign up with fake information. It's not like they check or even care. Bakers gets major points for having self-checkout lanes. I love being able to get in and out with no wait, while all the old people who are afraid of computers wait in a line for 20 minutes.
I'm not paranoid, I just find it annoying. That aside, I don't like the store.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Interesting. They had one on Millard Ave and 144th -- only a few blocks from 144th and Stoneybrook --about 20 years ago and moved to Oak View. Now they're going back to the area. I was only in high school back then, but I remember my family stopped shopping at Hy-Vee when they moved to the mall.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
I'll spend a few extra cents for good gas. . Top Tier Gasoline

I'll also spend a bit more to not be stressed out going to a store.

If there is noway out of going to Bakers, I have the person behind me swipe their Plus Tard so I don't get ripped off. It's just annoying that something that is 99 cents with a Plus Tard is 3.99 without. I'd rather just go somewhere that has it for 1.19 and skip the crap.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I'll spend a few extra cents for good gas. . Top Tier Gasoline

I'll also spend a bit more to not be stressed out going to a store.

If there is noway out of going to Bakers, I have the person behind me swipe their Plus Tard so I don't get ripped off. It's just annoying that something that is 99 cents with a Plus Tard is 3.99 without. I'd rather just go somewhere that has it for 1.19 and skip the crap.
Just tell the cashier you want to sign up for one. They will give you the "discount" right there but give you the paperwork to take home and fill out. Then don't fill it out and bring it back.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM

I have actually done that once. I ask if I can have a card and they pull one out and swipe it for the discount. Then I proceeded to take the card outside and dump it in the cigarette can. Take that Kroger!

I wonder how much it costs them to make those cards? They come on a punch out with the 2 keyring cards. I would assume they aren't really expensive, but not free either.

They could save everyone some time and money by just putting things on sale like normal stores. I'm just ranting though.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:52 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I have actually done that once. I ask if I can have a card and they pull one out and swipe it for the discount. Then I proceeded to take the card outside and dump it in the cigarette can. Take that Kroger!
Yeah... I guess I just don't see it that way.

I'm a confessed tightwad. I work the card online - with their email flyers & stuff. I go to the store with all the coupons electronically loaded on my card. Just last weekend, when all our kids & their friends were home from Mpls, we went to Bakers & bought about $80 worth of groceries. With the card we saved over $18.

Also, there have been quite a few times when I've saved 20 cents per gallon on gas at their affiliated gas stations.

For me, it's worth it. Obviously others disagree.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Get a card...and it works to get you a few cents off at gas stations. Not a lot...but I'm ok with saving $.50 when I can.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Yeah... I guess I just don't see it that way.

I'm a confessed tightwad. I work the card online - with their email flyers & stuff. I go to the store with all the coupons electronically loaded on my card. Just last weekend, when all our kids & their friends were home from Mpls, we went to Bakers & bought about $80 worth of groceries. With the card we saved over $18.

Also, there have been quite a few times when I've saved 20 cents per gallon on gas at their affiliated gas stations.

For me, it's worth it. Obviously others disagree.
That's cool. You are doing it the right way.

My parents are perfect examples of how to take the weekly ads, the coupons, the normal store prices and sale prices and just get loads and loads of stuff for the price most people pay for 1 meal.

I actually wish I was more like that. I didn't know about the loading the coupons online and stuff. I might look into it, but I warn you ROCKS. If you convert me to the Plus Tard, a little peice of all Plus Tard haters die..

I'm not getting their gas though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: