Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
I know a black lawyer who works in LA but CHOOSES to live in Newport Beach. I am sure if he wanted to he could live in Baldwin Hills or Beverly Hills for that matter.

He apparently likes the Newport Beach lifestyle..... By contrast, I am a white guy and I like OC but don't ever see myself living there. To each their own.
I think the whole "rich black people should live in Baldwin Hills because that's where rich black people live" train of thought is a cancer to our society (the same could be applied to other demographics/areas too obv).

Good for you and your lawyer friend for shunning conformity and living where you want.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 PM

15 posts, read 42,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach finest View Post
I think some people are getting the wrong idea. Orange County is a wonderful place to live, and the people are good people in general. If you happen to be black, then its just not the place for you. There is nothing wrong with that, Negative stereotypes, and the prejudice that we ALL hold are not going to go anywhere. I dont have an issue with Orange county at all and Im not an activist trying to change something. I would warn any blacks who might think about living in the OC.

^^^Jackie 100, you are definitely abnormal. Life requires risks. There is a difference between taking caution and paranoia.
I attended UCI a couple of decades ago and still have family and friends in that area who can care less about a persons' race. However, obvious minority gang members (or a wannabe) and the obvious "White trash" would have a problem in South Orange County. I can tell you that most people are great in South Orange County and there are only a handful of bigots there who would make a comment "If you happen to be black, then its just not the place for you." Does this person even have a clue how many professional Blacks, Asians & Latinos work & reside in South Orange County with little to no issues about racism with the majority of Whites in their everyday life. Believe me it there was a racism problem in Orange County it would be in the news media knowing California. More importantly, why would this person cast the majority of professional Whites in Orange County with the same bigoted brush that has painted his insecure life. In Orange County and California in general people ignore their neighbors regardless of their race. So even a White person in South Orange County is ignored because most people are too busy with themselves and now very little about the people on their own street. Regardless of ones' race, do not be afraid to reside where you wish to live. All of America belongs to us all.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 PM

88 posts, read 168,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluck1 View Post
I attended UCI a couple of decades ago and still have family and friends in that area who can care less about a persons' race. However, obvious minority gang members (or a wannabe) and the obvious "White trash" would have a problem in South Orange County. I can tell you that most people are great in South Orange County and there are only a handful of bigots there who would make a comment "If you happen to be black, then its just not the place for you." Does this person even have a clue how many professional Blacks, Asians & Latinos work & reside in South Orange County with little to no issues about racism with the majority of Whites in their everyday life. Believe me it there was a racism problem in Orange County it would be in the news media knowing California. More importantly, why would this person cast the majority of professional Whites in Orange County with the same bigoted brush that has painted his insecure life. In Orange County and California in general people ignore their neighbors regardless of their race. So even a White person in South Orange County is ignored because most people are too busy with themselves and now very little about the people on their own street. Regardless of ones' race, do not be afraid to reside where you wish to live. All of America belongs to us all.
Some of you guys dont live in the real world. Empathy is said to be lacking today and I can see why. I dont know what you are talking about, can you quote me on some of the stuff that Ive said. I stand by what i have written. If you are a black guy orange county is not the place to be PERIOD

Old 02-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Has Mr. Long Beach Finest ever been to South Orange County, let alone Irvine or Newport Beach. Look around there and you will see people of different races interacting just fine either in offices or inneighborhood. It is absolutely shameful to be telling scary false stories to anyone in this great country where to reside due to race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Interestingly, you use the name "Long Beach Finest" as if you are some kind of a Long Beach Police Officer, and then you try to intimate minorities not to reside in Southern Orange County because they will suffer untold harm. I am sure if the Long Beach Police Chief suspected someone was trying to impersonate a police officer at his Department or suspected it was a police officer from his Department trying to scare off minorities from moving to Southern Orange County there would be some official police inquires to track you down. Your bizzare implications of harm to any minority moving to Orange County appears to be pushing the envelope.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:25 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluck1 View Post
Has Mr. Long Beach Finest ever been to South Orange County, let alone Irvine or Newport Beach. Look around there and you will see people of different races interacting just fine either in offices or inneighborhood. It is absolutely shameful to be telling scary false stories to anyone in this great country where to reside due to race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Interestingly, you use the name "Long Beach Finest" as if you are some kind of a Long Beach Police Officer, and then you try to intimate minorities not to reside in Southern Orange County because they will suffer untold harm. I am sure if the Long Beach Police Chief suspected someone was trying to impersonate a police officer at his Department or suspected it was a police officer from his Department trying to scare off minorities from moving to Southern Orange County there would be some official police inquires to track you down. Your bizzare implications of harm to any minority moving to Orange County appears to be pushing the envelope.
No, Long Beach Finest has a point. Last time I went in South OC, it looked occupied by one kind. Plus I heard stories of white gangs terrorizing IR couples and vandalizing their possessions.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Which would rather be at 11PM on a Saturday night in Southern California?

A black guy in a white neighborhood?
Or, a white guy in a black neighborhood?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No, Long Beach Finest has a point. Last time I went in South OC, it looked occupied by one kind.
Ain't that a coinkydink! The last time I went to North Inglewood/Baldwin Hills, I had the same experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Plus I heard stories of white gangs terrorizing IR couples and vandalizing their possessions.
Reeks of apocryphal horse pucky. You'll have to do better than "I heard stories". If I believed the stories I hear, I'd never enjoy the delicious BBQ at Bludso's.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 PM

The true story on Irvine is the City Data racial population break down in Irivne reported on the Irvine cover page that proves the respectable White people there are not harming the upper middle class minorities. Asians are about 76,000, Lations are about 22,000, Blacks are about 5,000 and mixed couples are about 5,000 of the total population in Irvine. If there is a racial problem in Irvine it is bigots on this website who cannot afford to reside in Irvine and jealous that minorities are residing there in peace with Whites. It is an insult for the majority of Whites that a small handful of White bigots typing on their computer in some trailer park or low income housing can presumed the majority of other Whites are just like them.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Which would rather be at 11PM on a Saturday night in Southern California?

A black guy in a white neighborhood?
Or, a white guy in a black neighborhood?
Glad you specified Southern California, because elsewhere the answer could be different.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,960 times
Wow...! I'm sorry you throgh all that. I have lived in the OC all my life, and I have never been treated this way. I am a 29 yr Hispanic women and I love the OC. I hang out in HB, New P, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Orange, Fullerton.... you name it, and I have always been treated with respect. I guess my only advice is carry your self with dignity and respect, and they shouldn't bother you. As far as police go, it's all about power.... just say "yes sir/mam" and they leave you alone for the most part. I have never had a problem with police out here, and the few times I have been stopped it was for 1) speeding, 2) the officer was concerned I was pulled over. But if I had to pick a spot from the 3, I would pick Zero. Go to Orange, it's nice, and there is a good mix of people (white, Hispanic, Asian, Black, ..... And so on). :-) Hope you found a good spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County