Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmpEngineer View Post
Which is why if you are a man who does not have at least a BMW or Mercedes, you are going to be lonely as long as you live here in Orange County.
Are you kidding? The guys with the 100k mile Camry's and Civics are the ones who've realized that girls would rather a guy spend money on them than on a fancy car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 12:38 PM

30 posts, read 63,554 times
That go-getter attitude can be deadly. Before you know it you've alienated your family in an allegiance to your income. All to chase after numbers in a bank account.

Find someplace quiet, pursue only what you need to survive comfortably, and cherish those you love.

Because you never know what tomorrow holds.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:53 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSteeleLA View Post
That go-getter attitude can be deadly. Before you know it you've alienated your family in an allegiance to your income. All to chase after numbers in a bank account.

Find someplace quiet, pursue only what you need to survive comfortably, and cherish those you love.

Because you never know what tomorrow holds.
When all is said and done, Happiness Can't Buy Money.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,252,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Are you kidding? The guys with the 100k mile Camry's and Civics are the ones who've realized that girls would rather a guy spend money on them than on a fancy car.
Exactly.

I love seeing the young kids on PCH driving their Ferrari Modena's and then rocketing off into their apartment parking lot.

Nothing says cool like 1 bedroom, 1 bath.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Exactly.

I love seeing the young kids on PCH driving their Ferrari Modena's and then rocketing off into their apartment parking lot.

Nothing says cool like 1 bedroom, 1 bath.
lol...hey now, that reminds me of when I first started my job, and I used to commute home using PCH from MacArthur to my parents' house off Crown Valley in my old Honda S2000 to be fair, that car was more like a Miata on coke, than anything remotely resembling a Ferrari. I did love that commute home, nonetheless.

but yeah, I'm kinda shocked to see how many nice cars there are at my apartment community. The nicest one is probably a Mercedes SL65, which is like half the price of a decent condo.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:17 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,252,556 times
Quote:
lol...hey now, that reminds me of when I first started my job, and I used to commute home using PCH from MacArthur to my parents' house off Crown Valley in my old Honda S2000 to be fair, that car was more like a Miata on coke, than anything remotely resembling a Ferrari. I did love that commute home, nonetheless.

but yeah, I'm kinda shocked to see how many nice cars there are at my apartment community. The nicest one is probably a Mercedes SL65, which is like half the price of a decent condo.
The amount of $50,000'ers in OC that try and stretch themselves to buy a fancy car and live in an apartment is ridiculous.

I was at a Cars & Coffee meet in Irvine, and I parked my F430 near a kid driving an M3. He looks over and says, "Nice car, I may be upgrading to that soon."

I said, "Cool, got a promotion?"

He replied, "Nope, I just don't have anything else to spend money on besides my car. My rent is $1300, and I save about $500 after I pay for the BMW. I just need to save for the down payment."

I wanted to lecture him about how dumping money into a depreciating asset like a car isn't wise, save your money, invest, etc. Then I thought, there's no better teacher than experience.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
I drive a "chick magnet"; When I move into a neighborhood, the property values go down 5%.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM

Yeah, I love driving nice cars, but I can't comprehend it to the point where I have a $180k car, but renting a $2,000/month apartment.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Yeah, I love driving nice cars, but I can't comprehend it to the point where I have a $180k car, but renting a $2,000/month apartment.
WOW! I can't comprehend a $2,000 a month apartment. That's over twice our mortgage, including property tax impounds and insurance.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
WOW! I can't comprehend a $2,000 a month apartment. That's over twice our mortgage, including property tax impounds and insurance.
you should see the high-rises that recently went up in my neighborhood. For the rent they're charging, I expect Audrina Patridge to be in the kitchen when I get home cooking dinner for me. Or I guess trying to cook.

Last edited by Vinsanity; 08-20-2010 at 04:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County