Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM

80 posts, read 306,934 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any recent updates to add on Ladera Ranch vs Las Flores? We are looking pretty seriously at Ladera Ranch, but Las Flores looks interesting too.

We were considering Talega in San Clemente, but everything seems so far away from it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:50 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2 View Post
Anyone have any recent updates to add on Ladera Ranch vs Las Flores? We are looking pretty seriously at Ladera Ranch, but Las Flores looks interesting too.

We were considering Talega in San Clemente, but everything seems so far away from it.

Thanks.

I don't think too much as changed other than people have more information and new experiences.

We bought in Las Flores in September, the last post in this thread is from December. At the time we bought in Las Flores, we had an offer on a REO on Ladera but the Las Flores house popped up on redfin one night and we had an offer on it two days later. We chose the Las Flores house because the house and street were a lot more of what we wanted compared to that house we had an offer on in Ladera. Our Las Flores house is at the end of a cul de sac, a huge thing for us with four kids under 12 and it has a three car non tandem garage. Still we would have been happy in either place - it all came down to the particular house and the particular street. Similarly, we had the same feeling for other parts of RSM.

Our three oldest play soccer in the Ladera AYSO but they swim on the MV Nadadores Las Flores swim team.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks, Charles!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:53 AM

O.C.'s 2nd fastest home market | ladera, ranch, report - Ladera Ranch - The Orange County Register

Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 AM

25 posts, read 53,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I don't know if I'd buy in Ladera for the next 2 years. That area is one of the most distressed neighborhoods of South OC. Couple that with high mello roos and HOA fees, it's just not a good place to be unless you really, really, like the area over comparable neighborhoods in other cities.

Mr Fantastic!!!
i have tried to send you a PM but I cant! we are relocating to Orange county, can you PM me please so that we can talk thank you

Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbound2010 View Post
we are relocating to Orange county...
Join the club. Where are you moving to?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:08 AM

29 posts, read 83,597 times
Hi Charles; is the Ladera AYSO soccer a travel team? My kids play travel soccer and a nice team is really important to us. Are the kids' sports team well rounded?

Our Las Flores house is at the end of a cul de sac, a huge thing for us with four kids under 12 and it has a three car non tandem garage. Still we would have been happy in either place - it all came down to the particular house and the particular street. Similarly, we had the same feeling for other parts of RSM.

Our three oldest play soccer in the Ladera AYSO but they swim on the MV Nadadores Las Flores swim team.[/quote]

Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago5 View Post
is the Ladera AYSO soccer a travel team?
All of the regular games are in the local area (Cox Sports Park). For tournaments we played in San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Laguna Beach, and RSM.

This U8G game is at Cox. (One of the reasons I post this photo is to point out this bozo mom on facebook while her own daughter is in the game.)

Old 06-28-2011, 02:30 PM

25 posts, read 53,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2 View Post
Join the club. Where are you moving to?
so sorry i didnt mean to be rude i have only just noticed your post.
(I'll get the hang of this forum one day!)
well originally we though about Ladera until recently I noticed RSM so we are just trying to compare.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM

450 posts, read 1,407,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago5 View Post
Hi Charles; is the Ladera AYSO soccer a travel team? My kids play travel soccer and a nice team is really important to us. Are the kids' sports team well rounded?

Our Las Flores house is at the end of a cul de sac, a huge thing for us with four kids under 12 and it has a three car non tandem garage. Still we would have been happy in either place - it all came down to the particular house and the particular street. Similarly, we had the same feeling for other parts of RSM.

Our three oldest play soccer in the Ladera AYSO but they swim on the MV Nadadores Las Flores swim team.
[/quote]

AYSO is just local leagues. If you are looking for travel teams, check Coast Soccer League Coast Soccer League - Youth Soccer California for information on travel/club teams that play throughout Southern California and compete on the national level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County