Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

If she is going to come to Ca I am sure she has, this thread is almost 2 years old.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,083 times
Default Also moving to the area - need Help

Hi,
I know it is old thread but i thought trying maybe i will have little luck
I'm also moving to the area, originally from Israel but lived few years in Manhattan beach.
I'm interested mostly in good public school in area of Jewish, do you have anything to recommend ? what would be preferred ?

thanks a lot
Ganit

Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Temple Beth Shalom in Orange or Tustin (right on the border) is supposed to be pretty good. I do not know what grades they cover.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,083 times
Default Temple Beth Shalom

is it Public or private ?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,645 times
Michael Widlanski, Visiting Israeli Scholar at UCI, Has Problems with Orange County Jews

Old 11-03-2016, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 757 times
Don't move to Irvine California. Housing is expensive there. One has to work all the times to keep up with mortgage payments and doing this will affect your family dynamics.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:56 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_na View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Marina and I live in Israel. I, my husnand and our baby would like to move to OC (everything is legal).

If possible, please answer my questions:
1) Is there a Jewish community which can help us? I mean explain things, answer our questions and so on.
LIKE STATED HERE IS A LARGE JEWISH COMMUNITY IN IRVINE. THERE ARE ALSO OTHER AREAS AND GROUPS.IRVINE IS VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. I WOULD SAY UNNAFORDABLE BUT I DINT KNOW YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION. YOUR FAMILY WOULD NEED TO MAKE A HEALTHY AMOUNT TO LIVE THERE COMFORTABLY AND NOT STRUGGLE
Jewish in the OC
Jewish Community Foundation Orange County | Together We Guarantee a Jewish Tomorrow

2) I am a teacher and I though of teaching Hebrew. What do you think?
I THINK ITS GREAT. MOST ETHNIC GROUPS TEND TO WANT TO KEEP THEIR TRADITIONS AND TEACH THEIR KIDS ABOUT THEIR HOMELAND
Are there people who would need it?
MORE THAN LESS.
Schools?
THERE ARE PRIVATE SCHOOLS THAT ARE CATERING TO THE JEWISH COMMUNITY.
Children? (I have a degree + teaching sertificate).
IF YOU WANT TO TEACH IN PUBLIC/PRIVATE SCHOOLS AS A TEACHER YOU WOULD NEED TO GET A TEACHING CERTIFICATE FOR THE STATE. YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO TRANSFER GRADES BUT YOULL STILL NEED A CERTIFICATE WHICH WILL REQUIRE A DEGREE FROM A U.S. COLLEGE HERE. IM NOT SURE WHAT WOULD BE REQUIRED IF YOU GO TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL. I WOULD START CALLING SCHOOLS THAT HAVE A JEWISH STUDENT BODY AND TEACHINGS IN THE JEWISH TRADITIONS/LIFESTYLE
If yes, can this be done at our home?
YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO A TUTOR TYPE OF ARRANGEMENT WHERE YOU OFFER YOUR SERVICES IN A PRIVATE SETTING TO CHILDREN. THIS IS WHERE CONNECTING WITH THE JEWISH COMMUNITY EILL COME IN VERY HANDY.
How taxes should be paid in this case?
YOU WOULD PAY INCOME TAXES, MOST LIKELY NEED TO APPLY FOR A TAX ID NUMBER AND KEEP A ACCOUNT OF YOUR INCOME EXPENSES ETC.
3) Do you have any tips for new-comers?
RESEARCH WHERE YOU WANT TO WORK ABD THE COMMUNITY YOU WANT TO LIVE IN. THERE WILL BE SOME CULTURE SHOCK IF YOU WERE NEVER EXPOSED TO THE U.S. AND BIG CITY LIFE.

Thank you and I'l be waiting for your answers
MY answers in bold. Welcome and I wish you the best. You'll do fine here.

P.s. You'll come across a few Aholes here and there. Just consider the source and don't let it bother you.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:19 PM

406 posts, read 348,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
MY answers in bold. Welcome and I wish you the best. You'll do fine here.

P.s. You'll come across a few Aholes here and there. Just consider the source and don't let it bother you.
OP from 2009

Old 11-06-2016, 01:20 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
OP from 2009
Maybe she's walking here.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:43 PM

406 posts, read 348,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Maybe she's walking here.
Well if she left on the sabbath and is observant... you never know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County