Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times

Advertisements

213/714/949 fo life, mah giggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:54 AM

42 posts, read 101,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I'm not at liberty to discuss the personal finances of my numerous clients, it's a legal liability for me, so forgive the lack of hard details.

But as a financial advisor, and real estate broker who closed 90+ deals in 2009 alone, I have a very unique insight into the lives of people living in wealthy areas of SoCal.

I know people who are so over leveraged living in Newport Coast that a few of them are only months away from filing bankruptcy. These aren't your average two income, lawyer and pediatrician, type families. These are people who are successful business owners grossing tens of MILLIONS a year. Against my best advice, many of them chose to over leverage themselves in certain sectors and lost a lot of skin.

Curious.....what type of local business that are grossing MILLIONs a year?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:51 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,252,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnd View Post
Curious.....what type of local business that are grossing MILLIONs a year?
Many. Take for instance a popular Irvine Bakery located on Jamboree. I am an acquaintance of the owner. They gross over $3,000,000 a year selling $5 milk teas and pastries.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:29 PM

9 posts, read 32,175 times
shadow91...

I may be with you on this one. I grew up in RSM, lived in Gilbert for 4 years, then came back here to Ladera Ranch while my husband went to dental school.

I was so glad to leave Arizona and never ever thought I'd go back after living in California again, but after looking at the cost of living here vs. living there, we're really strongly thinking about going back to Arizona!

So Mr. Fantastic has a point...even as a dentist, money would be very tight for us for a lot of years, so we might just be leaving (although it still hurts to think about not being a few miles from the beach).

Good luck with your move!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:22 AM

81 posts, read 331,961 times
We moved last year from MA for my husband's work (also a dentist) and we are still going through the shock of dealing with the prices! To me, the only things that cost less are :fresh produce at the farmers or ethnic markets, and services like gardener, housekeeper, massages,etc. They are not that essential though since you can survive without them. I absolutely agree about the shocking prices on clothes, if you are used to buying quality product. I grew to hate shopping since I moved here, and it was one of my beloved pastimes I used to find great bargains at the local TJMax in MA(real designer stuff) for less then I would pay here for a cheep junk. So...I went back this summer and shopped like crazy for two weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County