Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,942 times

Advertisements

Hey, quick question. I come from an area where we don't really have taxi's, so I need some help. Would it be possible to get a taxi ride from LAX to the Anaheim convention center, and back the other way a few days later? And if so, how much would it cost, somewhere around $120-$160 each way? That's the estimate I got from here (International Taxi Fare Calculator - World Taximeter), but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

EDIT: I was actaully just reading some other forums from google, and is there any other options that would work? I heard mention of a train ride, bus, or some sort of shuttle services?

Last edited by Leiding; 10-15-2010 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,436,952 times
That would be a very expensive ride. You're probably better off on an airport shuttle bus like Prime Time or Supershuttle. Nothing will be really cheap because its so far. The Anaheim convention center is near Disneyland so maybe there's a bus from LAX to Disneyland you can take.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,186,024 times
a quick internet search found this shuttle, which would be exponentially cheaper than hailing a cab at the airport Southern California Gray Line - Sightseeing Tours (http://www.coachamerica.com/graylineanaheim/tours_shuttles.cfm/tour_id/1300/mode/tour_detail/location_id/1021 - broken link)

there aren't really any train options, it would take waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
I have done it between LAX and SNA (John Wayne Airport), or between LAX and downtown Santa Ana. It costs about $112 if I remember correctly. The shuttles are considerably cheaper. (around $48 I think). However they soemtimes have to drop other people off at either end and can take a lot of extra time. There are also limosine services which I have heard are a little bt cheaper than a taxi.

Train is not an option. Somone in their great wisdom decided tha ttthe train should turn away from LAX a few miles before it got there. It was supposed to go to the airport, but the taxi and parking industry lobbiesbanded together and got the politicians to prevent it from going to the airport.

Taking a taxi from Union station is also impractical. I took a cab from LAX to union station one time. The cost nearly choked me. I do not remember what it was, but I have a vague recall of around $88. The cab said that it would be $40, but I stopped at an ATM to get cash to pay him, so it was an abnormal trip. I talked with a fellow traveller about it and he told me that there is always some reason that the advertised rates do not apply. He said that he has done it a dozen times and it always ended up costing him some astronomical amount ($70 - $80? My memory has faded). However, in addition tot he cab ride, you still need train tickets and a cab at the other end.

Maybe you can take a bus if you have all day. Not sure about that one.

A couple of times that I had to do this, I renteda car. It was some cheaper than a cab and much more convenient.

Good luck. Sorry to tell you this, but there is no good solution to this need. The one thing that works is what I do now. Have a friend drive me. However it has to be a really good friend. The trip to LAX can be long and awful. Figure on 1.5 - 2 hours to be safe, but it can take a lot longer. once took me 4.5 hours (someone hit a power pole and dropped power lines accross the 405 freeway).

My ultimate solution is to fly into John Wayne airport. Even if I have to spend $150 - $200 more for the flight. LAX is a horrible place and SNA is a very pleasant airport to fly into/out of. Option 2 is ontario, but then you are going to be renting a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County