Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times

Advertisements

#1.) The only reason Lasner's blog gets so many comments is because Dumb Texan, whos on like her fifth aka, is either a troll, or is the completely delusional realtard the other posters there accuse her of being. If the only housing supporter was Pink Taco, there wouldn't be near the controversy. But Dumb Texan with her trollish "rodent renters" comments, stirs up peoples anger.

2.) The predictions on the first couple pages of this thread are LOL bad. Flat RE market after the biggest RE run up in history? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Reading Lansner is a big waste of time. About a helpful as lisening to the NRA or anyone in the real estate business.
I think we will still see significant price drops, especially in areas like OC. Prices won't start a real increase for many years.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Reading Lansner is a big waste of time. About a helpful as lisening to the NRA or anyone in the real estate business.
I think we will still see significant price drops, especially in areas like OC. Prices won't start a real increase for many years.

I def tend to agree, but judging by the few sales still occuring in oc, theres still a small amount of pent up demand from desperate to buy types who are propping the market up a bit.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:55 PM

370 posts, read 999,424 times
Prices got so high due to record low interest rates, thus increasing buying power.

And really "intelligent" loan companies like Ameriquest, that would loan a Million Dollars
to anyone making minimum wage.

Prices got BEYOND what even decent salary earners could comfortably afford.
I wouldn't expect to see those high numbers again for some time.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:41 AM

41 posts, read 92,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I def tend to agree, but judging by the few sales still occuring in oc, theres still a small amount of pent up demand from desperate to buy types who are propping the market up a bit.
I'm not sure how the high end market will hold up, but I can't imagine the county continuing to attract the middle or upper middle class if gas prices spike as has been predicted.

Edit: Let me clarify that. I can't imagine the vast, sprawling developments in the southern most areas continuing to attract the middle class.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Humpalot View Post
So where are they going to move to instead of South Orange County? Santa Ana? A half a buck a gallon more isn't going to have that much effect on where people live.
Austin, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta .....

That way they can stay "middle/upper" class
Once they get into an OC mortgage, they would no longer be middle/upper class

When you have a million dollar mortgage, and your house appraises
for $600k, in most places you would be considered beyond broke

Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM

41 posts, read 92,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Humpalot View Post
So where are they going to move to instead of South Orange County? Santa Ana? A half a buck a gallon more isn't going to have that much effect on where people live.
Well, I guess it depends on where you work and how high gas prices actually are.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc007 View Post
Prices got so high due to record low interest rates, thus increasing buying power.

And really "intelligent" loan companies like Ameriquest, that would loan a Million Dollars
to anyone making minimum wage.

Prices got BEYOND what even decent salary earners could comfortably afford.
I wouldn't expect to see those high numbers again for some time.
We sold our condo in Orange in 2005 for a record high in the complex. I knew something was wrong when the last couple years we lived there, illegals were coming in and paying over $350K for a 2 bdr. condo and had no furniture and a junker car. They've all been foreclosed by now, but it was banks' fault that prices went so high and then helped crash the entire economy.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when banks started lending to "no credit score, cash-only income" buyers with nothing down ARM loans, it was all going to blow up.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We sold our condo in Orange in 2005 for a record high in the complex. I knew something was wrong when the last couple years we lived there, illegals were coming in and paying over $350K for a 2 bdr. condo and had no furniture and a junker car. They've all been foreclosed by now, but it was banks' fault that prices went so high and then helped crash the entire economy.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when banks started lending to "no credit score, cash-only income" buyers with nothing down ARM loans, it was all going to blow up.
I remember realtors telling me ....
Put zero down ...
Don't make a single payment for 2 years ... (although, you kind of have to ...but)
Wait 2 years, flip it, pay your debt, walk away with a couple hundred grand profit,
after living 2 years for free...

In theory, if you purchased in 2001, 2002, 2003
You could have pulled this off easy
Not a bad idea

However ... when the wall came crumbling down
I knew "bright people" that got caught up in the 0 down, Low ARM
La Grande El Scewed

Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc007 View Post
I remember realtors telling me ....
Put zero down ...
Don't make a single payment for 2 years ... (although, you kind of have to ...but)
Wait 2 years, flip it, pay your debt, walk away with a couple hundred grand profit,
after living 2 years for free...

In theory, if you purchased in 2001, 2002, 2003
You could have pulled this off easy
Not a bad idea

However ... when the wall came crumbling down
I knew "bright people" that got caught up in the 0 down, Low ARM
La Grande El Scewed
Yeah, it would have worked perfectly those years lol! We bought our condo in 1999 and sold in 2005. We practically paid cash for twice the space in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County