Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,101 times

Advertisements

I am semi retired and living in Colorado Springs now. I heard some very disturbing news about Arturo Moreno, even way out here in Colorado. All of you out in The OC who raised cain because Arturo Moreno changed the name of the Anaheim Angels to los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 6 years ago, but wimped out didn't boycott, listen up and listen good. Arturo recently made a big promise to all the fans and the sports world how he was going to do EVERYTHING IT TOOK to sign star free agents like Carl Crawford and Beltre. Arturo welched and did just the opposite. The name change 6 years ago pales in comparison to this. Arturo has got to go, and the only way that will happen is if the fans don't repeat the same mistake they made when Arturo changed the name to Los Angeles Angels, even though Anaheim is in The OC. Arturo is a fraud, always has been.

For those who would like to see the team go back to Anaheim Angels, IT IS TIME TO BOYCOTT GOING TO THE GAMES--NO WIMPING OUT THIS TIME.

Last edited by skysox56; 01-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: left out some important info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
...or not. i'm pretty sure the angels have only missed the playoffs twice in the last 8 years. that's pretty good as far as i'm concerned.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I want to see the name go back to the California Angels. To hell with Anaheim.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
They got outbid on Crawford, and I would not have paid Beltre's asking price.

So they over paid Vernon Wells...31 HR, 88RBI, .273 BA

They have the best defensive outfield in baseball with Hunter, Bourjous, and Wells. And some pop in the lineup with Kendry coming back. And the standard great starting pitching. Seems like the Angels should do well this year.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And rip out that ugly pile of rocks and move the Big A back to left field.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:16 PM

964 posts, read 2,647,795 times
Quote:
California Angels is their second name. In 1961, when they formed, they were the Los Angeles Angels (since they played in Wrigley Field in LA and Chavez Ravine).
"An expansion franchise, the club was founded in Los Angeles in 1961 as the Los Angeles Angels, and played their home games at Los Angeles' Wrigley Field (not to be confused with Chicago's stadium of the same name), which had formerly been the home of the minor-league Los Angeles Angels. The team then moved in 1962 to newly built Dodger Stadium, which the Angels referred to as Chavez Ravine, where they were tenants of the Los Angeles Dodgers through 1965. The team was founded, and owned for its first 36 years, by entertainer Gene Autry. During Autry's ownership, the team was often competitive, making the playoffs three times but never winning the pennant. The Angels were denied a World Series berth in particularly heartbreaking fashion in 1986.

The team has gone through several name changes in their history, first changing their name to the California Angels on September 2, 1965 with a month still left of the season, in recognition of their upcoming move to the newly constructed Anaheim Stadium in Anaheim at the start of the 1966 season."
from

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-25-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And rip out that ugly pile of rocks and move the Big A back to left field.
Before they do any of that, they need to get the beer prices down to maybe $0.85 for a 16 ounce cup.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysox56 View Post
I am semi retired and living in Colorado Springs now. I heard some very disturbing news about Arturo Moreno, even way out here in Colorado. All of you out in The OC who raised cain because Arturo Moreno changed the name of the Anaheim Angels to los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 6 years ago, but wimped out didn't boycott, listen up and listen good. Arturo recently made a big promise to all the fans and the sports world how he was going to do EVERYTHING IT TOOK to sign star free agents like Carl Crawford and Beltre. Arturo welched and did just the opposite. The name change 6 years ago pales in comparison to this. Arturo has got to go, and the only way that will happen is if the fans don't repeat the same mistake they made when Arturo changed the name to Los Angeles Angels, even though Anaheim is in The OC. Arturo is a fraud, always has been.

For those who would like to see the team go back to Anaheim Angels, IT IS TIME TO BOYCOTT GOING TO THE GAMES--NO WIMPING OUT THIS TIME.

C'Mon man. You got the Sky Sox. I wish they built Security Service Field with a nice view of Pikes Peak instead of Stetson Hills homes. (I through out a first pitch at a Sky Sox game there a few years ago.)

Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
California Angels is their second name. In 1961, when they formed, they were the Los Angeles Angels (since they played in Wrigley Field in LA and Chavez Ravine).
I still have my old LAA (MLB) halo cap, complete with leather sweat band inside.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I still have my old LAA (MLB) halo cap, complete with leather sweat band inside.

I would love to get one of those.

Later there was the little "a" with the halo and the Capital "A" with the halo.

Your must look like this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County