Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 AM

72 posts, read 434,289 times

Advertisements

My conclusion about Orange County real estate:
Ladera Ranch is best place to buy a condo/townhouse.

For about the same amount of money as you pay for an old condo/townhouse in Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, or Lake Forest, you can get a new Ladera Ranch property built after the year 2000.

Ladera Ranch properties have fire sprinklers too, so you don't have to worry about a fire spreading throughout the units.

I have been to Ladera Ranch about 4 times. Do any of you live there? How is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 AM

160 posts, read 975,714 times
I have lived here almost 5yrs and have two small boys. It is very nice. Expensive, but very nice. Amenities are wonderful (ie: pools, parks, waterparks, walking trails). There are always activities as well. If you can afford it, it is wonderful.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:09 PM

376 posts, read 1,505,718 times
Ladera has great amentities as noted above and pricing on entry level townhomes is pretty good. The issue people run into is the assocation fee's, property tax and other fee's which can add a lot of dollars to your monthly out lay. There are some good deals on the market now and the inventory is high compared to other areas so there is lot's of room to negotiate.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 6,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kturbe View Post
Ladera has great amentities as noted above and pricing on entry level townhomes is pretty good. The issue people run into is the assocation fee's, property tax and other fee's which can add a lot of dollars to your monthly out lay. There are some good deals on the market now and the inventory is high compared to other areas so there is lot's of room to negotiate.
My question is, is it worth negotiating?

I've been looking around at pretty-much every place in South OC for the past 2 months and Ladera looks really nice, until you start digging deeper and find out how much it's really going to cost you to live there.

The tax rate is higher than most (other than RSM), the multiple Mello-Roos bonds, the unmentioned "school bond" and the fact that most of the townhome I saw had NO YARD for my dog & children have put a stake in Ladera's heart.

I won't even get into the amazing traffic jam getting in and out of there at rush hour or the very rude people all driving their SUVs 30mph through the parking lot, at the strip mall.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:46 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times
Be aware that the commute from Ladera Ranch to the freeway and back is one of the worst. Crown Valley Parkway is the only street connecting Ladera to the freeway (you take Oso and Ortega also, but most people don't) running through Mission Viejo. At peak hours the street is a complete nightmare and it could take twenty minutes just to get home from the freeway off ramp. Ladera offers a very young and family oriented life style and the prices are good for new property. I live in Mission Viejo, but one of my kids goes to private school in Ladera so I know that area well. It is very pretty, but if Mission Viejo is more obtainable, it is just as nice.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 PM

376 posts, read 1,505,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba.Vette View Post
My question is, is it worth negotiating?

I've been looking around at pretty-much every place in South OC for the past 2 months and Ladera looks really nice, until you start digging deeper and find out how much it's really going to cost you to live there.

The tax rate is higher than most (other than RSM), the multiple Mello-Roos bonds, the unmentioned "school bond" and the fact that most of the townhome I saw had NO YARD for my dog & children have put a stake in Ladera's heart.

I won't even get into the amazing traffic jam getting in and out of there at rush hour or the very rude people all driving their SUVs 30mph through the parking lot, at the strip mall.
Depending on the listing price of the home and the sellers motivation it never hurts to negotiate. Just be fully aware of the tax cost. Mission Viejo is suppose to begin doing expansion on Crown Valley and OSO to ease the traffic but at rush hour it is pretty bad. Need any help don't hesitate to contact me direct.
Best of luck

Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Officials to revisit Ranch Plan development in summer | ranch, kelly, viejo - News - The Orange County Register
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County