Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
If I wrote a thread, complaining about how crowded Disneyland was and how "them," meaning black persons, were allowed in, and how I would gladly pay more, so "them" wouldn't be allowed into the park, when I was:
C'mon....everyone knows black people don't go to Disneyland.

Seriously, has anybody noticed this before? Very few black folks....

Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
C'mon....everyone knows black people don't go to Disneyland.

Seriously, has anybody noticed this before? Very few black folks....

Reminds me of something my buddy said to me - half joking - maybe 25 years ago, about the California Angels (fans). He said you'll see more black people at a Kings hockey game than you will at an Angels game.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:01 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
I've never been to Disneyland, lived in O.C. for over twenty years too.

And no, I'm not black ...

Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Despite all of the "interesting" banter here, I actually went this past Friday. I haven't been for over 6 years.

Although Disneyland (being a middle-class kid from Southern California) is nothing special, it's really cool to have a place that is familiar and doubly nostalgic.

Other than burning ungodly amounts of calories off of my fat @zz (note the sarcasm) feeling tired, soaked from Splash Mountain, and spending more than I wanted to on tickets and food, I can honestly say I had a good time.

Lines weren't a problem. We arrived at 8am on Friday and hit Indiana Jones, Pirates, The Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain in under an hour. Then Big Thunder Railroad, in about a 20 min wait, then ran over to Space Mountain and got a fastpass. Did some other things like watch the uber-cheesy Captain EO, slide around on the Materhorn and then went back, used our fastpass and went on Space Mountain.

The only semi-disappointing thing was that the lines for Star Tours were just too long and I was just too tired to do anything else even though it was only 7pm.

I can understand complaining, but seriously it's all about outlook. I'm sure I was around fat smelly people, crying babies, people in wheelchairs, aloof tourists, rude Asians, rude Blacks, rude Hispanics and rude Whites. But y'know, I didn't give them a second thought because I was having too much of a GOOD TIME.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You took off 30 pounds in ten weeks? Big deal (though very few people would recommend losing that much weight that fast). It's easier to lose 30 pounds in ten weeks than it is to keep five of those pounds off for a year.
You're contradicting yourself. You said it's not easy for older people to lose weight (not maintain a lower weight). Now you say 30 lbs in 10 weeks is "no big deal". I don't see anything age related about losing weight or keeping it off. I'm sure a young person would put the pounds back on just as easily if they don't adapt new habits.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Not surprised a negative comment about another person looks would come from a "plastic person" from CA, the Barbie and Ken capital of the US. Too bad you never learned tolerance for others.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Not surprised a negative comment about another person looks would come from a "plastic person" from CA, the Barbie and Ken capital of the US. Too bad you never learned tolerance for others.
There are plastic people everywhere. According to one of his posts, the OP does not live in CA, but recently came across money and may move here:
Quote:
06-13-2011, 06:52 PM
LotsofQ's Junior Member

Should I Move to a No Income Tax State to Sell a Windfall Play?

Long story short, I recently sold my small business and plan to spend the next few months deciding what to do next - living in the Newport Beach, CA area where I would probably like to settle. However, I may have an upcoming tax issue with a stock position...

A little over two years ago I took a gamble on a stock within an industry I was pretty familiar with (car rentals) when the market sell off was at its peak. I acquired 60,000 shares of Dollar Thrifty for just an average of .70 a share (literally .10 from the all time bottom). As of the close of the market today shares are trading at $79.87, and I feel it's time to sell.

However, if I immediately relocate to CA I believe that I will be subject to the 10.2% income tax rate, selling in my current state is 4.54%, so I'm looking at immediately renting an apartment and becoming a resident of Las Vegas, NV (by the end of this week) where there is no state income tax. I would only plan to live in Las Vegas for a few months to save on the income taxes resulting from this stock sale, and then scoot over to Newport Beach. The move would be very simple since I live in a rented home with my girlfriend (same place for years in Scottsdale, AZ) and we're slowly packing anyways (our lease is up at the end of August).

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Not surprised a negative comment about another person looks would come from a "plastic person" from CA, the Barbie and Ken capital of the US.
Anymore brilliant stereotypes you need shot down in flames? Feel free to post them.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
The only semi-disappointing thing was that the lines for Star Tours were just too long and I was just too tired to do anything else even though it was only 7pm.

I can understand complaining, but seriously it's all about outlook. I'm sure I was around fat smelly people, crying babies, people in wheelchairs, aloof tourists, rude Asians, rude Blacks, rude Hispanics and rude Whites. But y'know, I didn't give them a second thought because I was having too much of a GOOD TIME.
Good for you! Glad you had a good time. I always have a great time.

The extra-long Star Tours lines were probably because it's been re-imagineered and has only be open a couple of weeks.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I usually go in November, around my birthday. Occasionally there has been drizzle which works miracles at keeping the crowds at bay. Usually it's nice weather though, just less people. We literallly walked up to the boats on the Pirates ride 3 times one day with no lines at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County