Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 PM

127 posts, read 435,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
Lisa...I just did a quick search...and found various 1 story homes in your price range...yes mostly old..so key to "remodeled"...

try Lemon Heights, Cowan Heights and North Tustin...zip code 92705 and enter in your parameters...this area is "unincorpated area of orange county" so actual town names may vary....as well as school districts...most go to Foothill HIgh..which is a good school...

see what you find...

we looked at over 100 properties up here in 1985 when we moved up from Irvine..which BTW is about 7 miles away...I would suggest living "on the hill"...except right now when they are tearing up our roads..BTW...we have almost all 2 lane "country feel roads"...so whilst traffic and crazy kids might be a hazard...it feels sorta countrified..but shopping etc is stilll about 2 miles away..

good luck..
Thank you. I will check those out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
There is only one type of person who would buy a 2 story home. Someone who has never lived in a 2 story.

or who has good legs...is young..and can run upstairs!!

totally agreeeeee

Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
or who has good legs...is young..and can run upstairs!!

totally agreeeeee
What gets me are the senior condos they built in Fountain Valley a few years ago. They have a garage and small entry area on the ground floor but you have to get up a long, straight stair case to get to the living area. Sure, once you're up there, everything is on the same level, but I still think it was pretty dumb to put stairs in a 55+ community. Even if you're in good shape when you move in there, you might not be in 10 years.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
I know they are tough to find these days.
I rember looking at some new ranch style homes in Irvine back in the early-mid 00's. I want to say they were in Northpark. The entire neighborhood was designed for aging boomers and there were 3 different 1 story floorplans. Sorry I can't remember the name, but they are there.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
I know they are tough to find these days.
Check redfin.
Real Estate Search | Redfin

A Sampler- Single Level Homes Irvine:

3762 BLACKTHORN St, Irvine, CA 92606 | MLS# U11001488

25 FARRAGUT, Irvine, CA 92620 | MLS# S658000

19 HERON, Irvine, CA 92604 | MLS# S655188

Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 PM

127 posts, read 435,690 times
I realize that there are a few one story homes available (I can redfin, homes.com, trulia.com with the best of them)--but most of them are not great options and they are certainly few and far between. I appreciate those who took the time to look, though.

Probably if we do move to OC, I would need to get over it and embrace the 2 story thing.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:56 AM

805 posts, read 1,559,003 times
Why do you say they are not great options? Like Nurserosie, I live in Lemon Heights in a one story midcentury that is wonderful, one of the custom built back in the day so no cookie cutter here, more than 1/2 acre, pool, fruit trees, etc.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Why do you say they are not great options? Like Nurserosie, I live in Lemon Heights in a one story midcentury that is wonderful, one of the custom built back in the day so no cookie cutter here, more than 1/2 acre, pool, fruit trees, etc.

hi there...except now that our roads are torn up!!...never know where to leave our cul de sac and turn right and go down,,or turn left and go up the Foothill route..

tho nice that each day by about 5pm they have opened up all the roads,,,covered the pavement with metal plates..don't think they start each am til after 7am..

Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM

805 posts, read 1,559,003 times
Quote:
hi there...except now that our roads are torn up!!...never know where to leave our cul de sac and turn right and go down,,or turn left and go up the Foothill route..

tho nice that each day by about 5pm they have opened up all the roads,,,covered the pavement with metal plates..don't think they start each am til after 7am..

I know...ugh, I see the trucks and equipment. They are parking their stuff overnight at that property on the right as you go up, right before you curve left..the big property with the horses, wonder what the owners are getting paid for that

Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 AM

12 posts, read 32,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Check Turtle Rock, an older area of Irvine, the houses are not the typical Irvine looking homes..
Right on. Or if you have lots of cash, try Shady Canyon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County