Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 AM

16 posts, read 24,540 times

Advertisements

We got a loft down there.

Best cable internet service provider?

Best way to get to Cal State Fullerton from there?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
We used cable internet. It is faster and more reliable than any DSL.

From Downtown (Artists Lofts), I would take Main Street up to the 5. Go North. Take the 22/57 interchange immediately. Take the 57 side of the split. Go up to fullerton and get off at the exit that your navigation box or phone tells you to take.

From the Train Station Lofts. Get on the 5N right in front of your loft. Follow above.

Look into taking the train. I am not sure if there is a means to get from the Fullerton Train Station to CSF. You can bring your bike on the train. Get rid of your car and save a fortune. It is not a bad bike ride to the beach. When we lived in Santa Ana I put about 4000 miles a year on my car and that was almost entirely all business use and vacations.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM

590 posts, read 1,249,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBeagle View Post
We got a loft down there.

Best cable internet service provider?

Best way to get to Cal State Fullerton from there?

Thank you!

depending upon age of building...some locations are not internally wired for any and all...

we live in Lemon Heights area in the hills...have always used ATT for phone internet,,Cox for TV (cables are in the streets)...since the advent of HDTV it is cheaper to "bundle" all three services,,,,if available...

we are switching our TV from Cox to ATT this weekend...hope we are not making a mistake..hubby's biggest gripe is having to learn a whole new remote and channel list!! whoa is us

Cal State Fullerton as you know..is directly on the 57 north freeway...maybe 20 minutes away...tho if you have an 8am class you will be competing with commuters as well...keep that in mind

good luck...CSUF is a nice campus...got my bachelors there..and then masters at CS Long Beach...much harder drive to CSLB!!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:51 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
depending upon age of building...some locations are not internally wired for any and all...

we live in Lemon Heights area in the hills...have always used ATT for phone internet,,Cox for TV (cables are in the streets)...since the advent of HDTV it is cheaper to "bundle" all three services,,,,if available...

we are switching our TV from Cox to ATT this weekend...hope we are not making a mistake..hubby's biggest gripe is having to learn a whole new remote and channel list!! whoa is us

Cal State Fullerton as you know..is directly on the 57 north freeway...maybe 20 minutes away...tho if you have an 8am class you will be competing with commuters as well...keep that in mind

good luck...CSUF is a nice campus...got my bachelors there..and then masters at CS Long Beach...much harder drive to CSLB!!
You'll be doing a reverse commute on the 57 North.. although you'll likely see traffic it shouldn't be too bad (likely yellow on Google Maps.)

Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM

Thanks Nurserosie & Ragnarkar! Now to find some reasonable furniture that is not all Ikea

Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM

394 posts, read 966,922 times
Goodwill stores will sometimes have nice stuff...

But always buy a NEW mattress! ;-}

Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 AM

No sir, that will definitely come new. No scabies for us.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM

2,131 posts, read 4,914,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBeagle View Post
No sir, that will definitely come new. No scabies for us.
The only thing used in a used mattress is the frame. Goodwill rebuilds mattresses with new materials.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Goodwill is overpriced. Try Salvation Army, St. Vincient DePaul and yard sales (craigslist too). There is a Sal. Army store on Tursin Avenue just south of Chapman in Orange. There is a St. Vincent D'Paul in orange near Palmyra and Parker street (I am off a few blocks, but it is in the general area, a little bit closer to old towne. It is right along the railroad tracks).

There is a goodwill store on Tustin just south of the 22. Also in Orange, but yo will pay through the nose. The First United Methodist Church of Orange usually has a HUGE rummage sale in August. If the timing works, this could be a good option. They often have good quality things. Santa Ana only allows yard sales on a certain day of each month. I do not remember the day, but it only occurs three or four times a year. There are hundreds of yard sales all over the City on that day. Except in the nicer neighborhoods, you are mostly going to find junk and/or gross stuff in Santa Ana. You can find ok things if you stick to non-upholstered furniture. (Dressers, table, wooden or plastic chairs with no padding). You have to get to yard sales early int eh morning in order to find any good deals. Otherwise if something is a bargain, people buy it even if they do not need it, mark it up and sell it in their yard sale. We once had someone come, buy all of the clothing that we were selling, take it two blocks down the street and put it in their yard sale at a higher price. (However we sold all of the clothing that we wanted to get rid of and they sold almost none and had to store it for future yard sales.)

Call the City for Yard Sale Day in Santa Ana. Look in the following neighborhoods first:

Floral Park.
West Floral Park
Park Santiago.
Sandpointe
Nicer neighborhoods around South Coast Plaza.
French Park
The neighborhood off of 17th street (south side) near but not quite to Tustin Ave. I cannto rememebr the name.

then:
Washington Square
Wilshire Square
I am tired and forget the other one.

Last: Pretty much anywhere else.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We used cable internet. It is faster and more reliable than any DSL.

From Downtown (Artists Lofts), I would take Main Street up to the 5. Go North. Take the 22/57 interchange immediately. Take the 57 side of the split. Go up to fullerton and get off at the exit that your navigation box or phone tells you to take.

From the Train Station Lofts. Get on the 5N right in front of your loft. Follow above.

Look into taking the train. I am not sure if there is a means to get from the Fullerton Train Station to CSF. You can bring your bike on the train. Get rid of your car and save a fortune. It is not a bad bike ride to the beach. When we lived in Santa Ana I put about 4000 miles a year on my car and that was almost entirely all business use and vacations.
OCTA 26 will get you to CSUF ...

Welcome To The Orange County Transportation Authority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County