Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 PM

49 posts, read 137,747 times

Advertisements

Hi people,
I am going to Garden Grove, CA and will stay in the area for the labor day weekend; flying in and leaving from LAX airport. I would like to stay in a hotel that is in a safe and decent neighbor in that area and would like to some suggestions on which hotels are decent, clean, and moderate price ($30-$60) range. I hear that Santa Ana isn't safe to venture through, isn't that correct? Does anyone know a specific streets in Garden Grove to avoid? I am visiting a friend whose home is around Interstate 22 and North Euclid street, and I am borrowing his car for a couple of days to tour around. What about Westerminister and Anaheim for staying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,387,561 times
Santa Ana is a place you wouldn't want to live, but its not Gary, Indiana either. There's parts I wouldn't want to get lost in at night though. Its OK to drive through as long as you have car insurance because you'll be the only one around that does. The area you'll be staying is typical of Garden Grove. Its not the greatest area (its nicknamed Garbage Grove) but again, its not the kind of place people get shot every day.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM

what is the average rate for a decent and clean hotel in a safe area? Here in chicago, a decent hotel could be found around ($50-60 price range). Any suggestion?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:30 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,387,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenboy View Post
what is the average rate for a decent and clean hotel in a safe area? Here in chicago, a decent hotel could be found around ($50-60 price range). Any suggestion?
I've never stayed in a hotel around there. You might want to go on hotwire.com and see if you can get a 3-4 star hotel for a decent price. At that level, it'll be an actual hotel and not a rundown no-tell motel dive that Garden Grove is sort of known for. My parents did that a couple of years ago when they got their house termited and wound up at the Doubletree at Chapman and The City Drive (not too far from your friend) for maybe $60/night.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 AM

100 posts, read 542,896 times
Huntington Beach is a recommendation. There really isn't a bad area in the city... Fountain Valley which is nearby is also similar. Southeastern Westminster wouldn't be a bad choice either and neither would Western Garden Grove (west of Knott). Lots of good areas close by...

Old 08-15-2007, 05:55 PM

279 posts, read 1,137,803 times
Ahh Garbage Grove love the nice names people give this city- granted it isnt Bel Aire but it has a few nice hotels, beautiful homes and nice peeps--there is anice hotel on Garden Grove Blvd and Galway closest to Brookhurst St.

Double Tree hotel by The Block at Orange of City Drive and a Hilton on City Drive and Orangewood Ave.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 PM

thanks for the suggestion, guys.
I'll google and see if the price is decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County