Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 06:48 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,676 times

Advertisements

I don't need advice about moving here. I am already living here.

I just want to know if people will agree with me that LF is a horrible and boring place for a single person to live? (I'm looking for people to agree with me here!)

It's mainly for families or "boring" people. Don't you think?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:20 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
No, it is a great place to live. Lake Forest is close to Irvine Valley College,Saddleback College and UCI. It is probably a 40 minute drive or less to Newport Beach & Balboa Peninsula. If you are looking for a "horrible and boring place" check out Calexico,Blythe or Ridgecrest and you will see how fabulous anywhere in Orange County is.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
No, it is a great place to live. Lake Forest is close to Irvine Valley College,Saddleback College and UCI. It is probably a 40 minute drive or less to Newport Beach & Balboa Peninsula. If you are looking for a "horrible and boring place" check out Calexico,Blythe or Ridgecrest and you will see how fabulous anywhere in Orange County is.
I hate it. I am moving soon to West Hollywood and I can't wait to get out of this boring and dreadful suburb.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I'm not a college student btw. I am a lot older then that; however, I like the "young" life. Not the suburban "minivan family white picket fence" life. Nor the "deathly quiet at night and super family oriented" boring life. It takes me 5 miles just to get the 405 freeway; I don't know why it takes so long just to get to the freeway at Bake. Counting the days till my escape from suburbia.

I feel that suburbia is for older people who like it more "boring", quiet, peaceful, a little too peaceful. Lake Forest is the most "not happening" place I've ever lived. Costa Mesa is way more "happening". HB is more "happening". Lake Forest is just the pits.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 AM

192 posts, read 826,754 times
I don't really understand the point of your thread. You live in Lake Forest and have concluded that it's not for you, and you've made plans to move away. Then you feel you need random internet strangers to agree with you that it's not a good place to live, for whatever reason.

If you don't like it, don't live there. I don't see why you need anyone else to agree that it's "boring" at all.

I personally don't see anything wrong with Lake Forest, but also I don't see anyone taking a hot date to Lake Forest either. But then again, that's why most people have cars and things like Yelp exist. Not everyone can afford to live in Newport Beach or Laguna Beach, but you can certainly drive there easily from somewhere like Lake Forest without too much traffic. I live in West Floral Park in Santa Ana and I feel it's more central to everything, but Lake Forest's access to the 5 is pretty good.

When I used to live in Northern California, 5 miles on Bake would probably irritate me. I've lived in Downtown Los Angeles (where all kinds of things exciting and scary were happening at any given hour) and had a commute from around Chinatown to USC on Figueroa (I think my record was an hour and a half for a 2 mile stretch). I've also lived at the juncture of Culver City, Inglewood, Westchester, and Los Angeles, near LAX. Go north on the 405 any time during commute hours past UCLA and you're looking at a long ride.

In both places in Los Angeles, things were NOISY. Maybe I'm a stick in the mud but I like to sleep without 2 fire engines going by a night (Downtown LA) and without loud popping (I'd say gunshots but honestly I never felt unsafe) and people arguing outside my window (near Westchester). Honestly, I much prefer to be able to drive to fun things any time I like, and to return to a nice, quiet area where "boring" people sleep.

And yes, some people will say "you live in Santa Ana, so you probably hear gunshots anyway!" Honestly the only "popping" sounds I hear are Disneyland's fireworks. The screeching wild parrots are far more annoying, though.

Hollywood and Los Angeles have a lot of great things going on but it certainly is a different lifestyle and it is a lot harder to get around. If it's for you, that's great. It's not for everyone, just like Lake Forest is not for everyone.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 AM

192 posts, read 826,754 times
Actually, now that I look through your post history I see you're nuts about celebrities.

So yes, Lake Forest is a horrible place to live for a young single person who would like to spot celebrities.

Probably the best you can do around Lake Forest is to see the guys from Storage Wars show up for a locker auction. :P

Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
Closing thread due to trolling premise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County