Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,043 times

Advertisements

I am trying to figure out the status of a home I've seen online. The address is 89 Panorama Coto de Caza with MLS#S668920. Some things I've seen show it's recently sold and some that it has leased.

1) How can I figure out it's current status and

2) How can I find it's owner of record (preferably for free!).

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 PM

68 posts, read 191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo55 View Post
I am trying to figure out the status of a home I've seen online. The address is 89 Panorama Coto de Caza with MLS#S668920. Some things I've seen show it's recently sold and some that it has leased.

1) How can I figure out it's current status and

2) How can I find it's owner of record (preferably for free!).

Thank you.
It was listed for sale for in August for $1,650,000 but was leased in September for $7,250/month.

Send me a PM and I can provide further details.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
89 Panorama, Coto De Caza, CA 92679

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 PM

590 posts, read 1,248,924 times
Why would u want to know the owner of record? We have a place for sale and even our agent does not give out that info.....don't want folks calling etc trying to squeeze the price. That is what agents are for.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM

256 posts, read 616,785 times
Property ownership is public record. You can go down to the County of Orange Assessor's office to find out ownership information.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM

Yes obviously this is true. Still wonder why a potential buyer would want or need that info

Am I missing something here?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM

68 posts, read 191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
Yes obviously this is true. Still wonder why a potential buyer would want or need that info

Am I missing something here?
I think the reason is that the property has not been on the market for 5 months so there is no current listing with a real estate agent so they would prefer to contact the owner directly.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM

not a great way to proceed...the "owners" have it rented for a good amount..
anyone who calls the owner directly is most likely thinking they are doing them a great favor..and will over wayyyyy less than the home was last listed at

unless we are in the minority..any buyer who found our name thru public records and then called or appeared trying to steal our home...esp if we were leasing it for over 7K a month...would NOT be a buyer we would deal with..

my h.o. only of course..

ps..we were once offered 100,000 K less than our asking price..and even our realtor shook her head and said "so why are you wasting my time?"

Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 PM

143 posts, read 385,791 times
In the past when shopping for houses I've found it very useful to know the owner/tax payer, because some times it's a corporation, known local property investor/speculator, relocation company, bank, or something like that. These are valuable things to know when considering buying a house. For example, when I bought a house in my last city, the neighborhood I was interested in had over a dozen houses that had all been bought by the same person, who did some shoddy upgrades - no permits - on them, and then tried to sell them for a big profit. After looking at a couple of those, I knew I didn't want to buy anything that person (it was actually listed as owned by a company) was trying to sell. Being able to eliminate those quickly was helpful.

I've lived in several places in the US, and everywhere except here I was able to look that information up online. It's a shame you can't do that here.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrough View Post
In the past when shopping for houses I've found it very useful to know the owner/tax payer, because some times it's a corporation, known local property investor/speculator, relocation company, bank, or something like that. These are valuable things to know when considering buying a house.
This was exactly my thinking. For example this property seems to be owned by a Trust. It was on the market for sale for a very long time without action and then finally rented for a small amount (7K) given it's potential value (1.5M+) and with close to $20K/yr in property taxes.

This is a business and knowledge is power. Why wouldn't you want to know public information if it's available? Any piece of information is potential leverage in your deal making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County