Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGTSO View Post
I grew up in Orange County and I would rather move to L.A. than endure that commute. There are plenty of nice areas in L.A. I would find a place to live that is as close as possible to your job. Life is way too short to spend on the Ca freeway system in traffic everyday.
I did it too to El Segundo but then I found a job in Irvine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 PM

88 posts, read 168,283 times
NO!

Once again, live where you work. Dont even think of that. The OC is not that great or cheap.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:28 PM

658 posts, read 1,554,143 times
yes, of course it is humanly possible. Whether it is preferred is a different question.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 AM

224 posts, read 495,308 times
I really don't recommend it. Lived in south OC and commuted to LA (Torrance area) for almost 3 years. It was HARD. It was do-able and obviously I *survived* it, but my quality of life was diminished. If it's a short-term situation, fine. But signing up for a gig where you're living in south OC and working in LA and you expect to do this for a long time... it's a bad idea. There are ways to make it work - leave REALLY early in the morning (like I did) and commute home early (like 3pm, like I did) - but that schedule limits the kind of job available to you and even with this "do-able" schedule, you're exhausted all the time.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,341 times
only if you can adjust your schedule around traffic like I did. otherwise hahahahaha

Old 06-11-2013, 02:48 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,521 times
I drove from Irvine into LA over the weekend. I would not recommend it either LOL

Old 06-11-2013, 04:11 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,360,257 times
Default Omg

Grew up in OC, and I like to read the posts once in a while to see what people in the homeland are doing. Unbelievable about enduring an hour and twenty minute commute to LA. I would absolutely go out of my mind! In Chicago, I live in a beautiful suburb, walk to the commuter train, take it in on a 22 minute express train to the Loop, and walk to my office building. Humane? Such a long commute that everyone is talking about is insane; wear and tear on the car, wear and tear on your nerves, and a life that is spent trapped in a car. Do you really need to live in OC if you work in LA? I would think about Fullerton/Buena Park, or LA county in La Mirada if that was the case, or go to Seal Beach or Rossmoor. Don't blow your life in the car with Howard Stern just to live in So. Orange County.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
only if you can adjust your schedule around traffic like I did. otherwise hahahahaha
actually i do it from very north oc and take the 91...south OC? hahahaha

Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Grew up in OC, and I like to read the posts once in a while to see what people in the homeland are doing. Unbelievable about enduring an hour and twenty minute commute to LA. I would absolutely go out of my mind! In Chicago, I live in a beautiful suburb, walk to the commuter train, take it in on a 22 minute express train to the Loop, and walk to my office building. Humane? Such a long commute that everyone is talking about is insane; wear and tear on the car, wear and tear on your nerves, and a life that is spent trapped in a car. Do you really need to live in OC if you work in LA? I would think about Fullerton/Buena Park, or LA county in La Mirada if that was the case, or go to Seal Beach or Rossmoor. Don't blow your life in the car with Howard Stern just to live in So. Orange County.
even from FUllerton it is not doable unless u drive around traffic...dude is nuts

Old 06-12-2013, 11:03 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
And I'd much rather live in North O.C. or much of L.A. County anyway than South O.C.

Of course, I'm supposed to be moving to Irvine in September, and that's kind of the North/South transition area. But, even then, I'd still live in Fullerton, Huntington Beach, or Brea if the commute were more feasible. And I'm still considering Orange and Costa Mesa yet as they're still kind of North County and reasonably located near Irvine.

Honestly, I know Dana Point, Laguna Beach and San Clemente are supposed to be "paradise," but after my visits there, I think I'd go crazy if I had to live there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County