Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM

250 posts, read 661,774 times

Advertisements

I am from Irvine, and I am debating whether to move to Aliso Viejo or Corona.

I heard Corona has a high crime rate, and the quality of life is poor (of course, relative to Irvine). I wonder if there is an ideal district of Corona which is the ideal, Eisenhower-era American subrbia.

I am NOT necessarily expecting Irvine/Singaporean-type perfection, but you city whose name means "crown," give me a "crowning" neighborhood, NOT beer.

1. A good school (especially high school)
2. A fairly low crime rate (again, probably not as low as Irvine).
3. Congenial neighbors, small-town feel (sadly, in Irvine, your neighbor is about as secretive as the FBI).
4. Conservatism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
corona is a perfectly fine town as long as you don't plan on commuting to OC for work. the nicest and newest neighborhoods are all south of ontario ave. there's even a decent sized asian population in the city. sure it doesn't really compete with irvine at any level, but the bad neighborhoods are fairly small and concentrated, so safety should not be of concern.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,470,859 times
Most of Corona is ok. I would avoid the older areas near the center of "The Circle City". If the commute is not a problem there is a lot of nice newer developement off of the Cajelco exit on the 15. Due to these being pricer houses by Corona standards they have attracted a lot of the more popular stores and restaurants.
I live near the Norco border and although older (1989) era still ok with little crime.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:07 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,014,306 times
The nicest areas IMO are south of Ontario Ave or the housing developments off Green River Road. Those areas would be ideal for somebody commuting to Irvine. Stay north of Dos Lagos golf course if you will be commuting to Irvine. The 15N to the 91W in the morning is brutally slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County