Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:52 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,473,638 times

Advertisements

The Per Capita income in Santa Ana (~$16000/yr) is about the same as the GDP (PPP) Per Capita of Mexico ($14000-15000/yr depending on the source.)

And if we exclude the "nice" areas of Santa Ana, we're left with the illegals who are worse off than even the average Mexican citizen..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,436,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
The Per Capita income in Santa Ana (~$16000/yr) is about the same as the GDP (PPP) Per Capita of Mexico ($14000-15000/yr depending on the source.)

And if we exclude the "nice" areas of Santa Ana, we're left with the illegals who are worse off than even the average Mexican citizen..
But does the average peasant in Mexico get free food, education, and heath care for their kids from the government?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Just take one look at the plans for Rancho Mission Viejo and you can see the nail in the coffin that is the OC lifestyle. What a f'ing joke. The last beautiful amazing piece of land in OC going to build more f'ing houses. People in OC have their ugly plasticized liposucked head up their f'ing rear end! I'm getting the f'k out of this god forsaken county. Some of the most self centered, materialistic, people I've ever met in my life in SoCal. I wish CA gets hit with a big Earthquake and we all perish and suffer a painful, excruciating death! LOL........including Tony Moiso.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I have worked with groups that try to get businesses and churches to open up for homelss during bad weather evets. It is a problem because, unless you ahve a lot of supervisory personnel, they pee on the floor, grafitti or carve their name or words into and onto everything, steal anything not locked down, create pest infestations (bed bugs, lice, fleas etc), and other problems. Many homeless people are good stable responsible people, many have mental disorders and/or serious drug addictions. There is no practical way to sort them out and give shelter only to the stable, responsible people while turning away the others. Banks who have already lost a lot of money on a house loan and not going to pony up more money for 24/7 security, plus you need one supervisory/security person for every three guests.

You would also have problems with neighbors and HOAs. No one wants a homeless shelter in their neighborhood. Would you want a homeless shelter next door? How about if it housed 8 registered child sex offenders? Even at minimal occupancy (say 4 people per home), the bank could well be breaking zoning ordinances, violating CC& Rs or otherwise run into legal problems.

Finally you have liablity problems. If one homeless person hurts another while there, or if somone gets hurt while in the house, the bank will get sued.

It is unfortunate but your good idea is not practical. The only solution would be for the banks to turn over ownership of the homes to a charity, then the charity would have to deal with the legal issues, but they arleady deal with those issues all the time.
The program could be limited to those who recently lost their homes due to the mortgage crisis. These people would be living in the same homes that were foreclosed.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
The program could be limited to those who recently lost their homes due to the mortgage crisis. These people would be living in the same homes that were foreclosed.

You mean the people who when they moved out took the appliances, cabinets, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, A/C and everything else not nailed down, before they left?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard View Post
You mean the people who when they moved out took the appliances, cabinets, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, A/C and everything else not nailed down, before they left?
No, those people should be excluded.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:26 AM

14 posts, read 42,561 times
I really don't mean to be argumentative/controversial and i'm new to city-data, but at what point does the president and the democrats in charge take some responsibility for the mess the whole country is in because of a lot really irresponsible economic policies and spending? Or is everybody still wanting to use the former president as a scapegoat almost 4 years later.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMedic1 View Post
I really don't mean to be argumentative/controversial and i'm new to city-data, but at what point does the president and the democrats in charge take some responsibility for the mess the whole country is in because of a lot really irresponsible economic policies and spending? Or is everybody still wanting to use the former president as a scapegoat almost 4 years later.
Rule #1 for politicians.

"Never take responsibility".

Rule #2,

"see rule #1".

They are not there to fix anything , except their retirement, which includes better medical care than you or I can get.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMedic1 View Post
Or is everybody still wanting to use the former president as a scapegoat almost 4 years later.
If the goat fits...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:36 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Just take one look at the plans for Rancho Mission Viejo and you can see the nail in the coffin that is the OC lifestyle. What a f'ing joke. The last beautiful amazing piece of land in OC going to build more f'ing houses. People in OC have their ugly plasticized liposucked head up their f'ing rear end! I'm getting the f'k out of this god forsaken county. Some of the most self centered, materialistic, people I've ever met in my life in SoCal. I wish CA gets hit with a big Earthquake and we all perish and suffer a painful, excruciating death! LOL........including Tony Moiso.
That's Progress.

Somewhere, there's a Native American on some reservation saying the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County