Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,431 times

Advertisements

You are GREAT photographer. Loved the pics. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:11 PM

573 posts, read 1,360,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano Teacher View Post
You are GREAT photographer. Loved the pics. thanks!
i did not take these pics but thanks anyway

Old 04-14-2012, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,140 times
Default HB surf photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakicka View Post
come on people! The San Diego thread is LOADED with pictures! let's get a nice picture thread going here. post your favorite pictures of orange county.
Here are a few for you. Sorry but they are a little short sited because I love surfing.

HB Cliff's circa 1994 [url=http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12482667_wMeAC#!i=1279976018&k=x3SMWBr&lb=1&s=A]HB Surf Photos favorites[/url]

Tim OToole - HB Cliff's local using his SPF 90 sun screen
[url=http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12482667_wMeAC#!i=1279981892&k=9NghKN3&lb=1&s=A]HB Surf Photos favorites[/url]

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,848 times
thanks - We're thinking of moving to OC - this gives some insight. Nice shots.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 AM

19 posts, read 34,822 times
As a Florida resident who lives 3 blocks from the beach, and who has been visiting San Clemente for a while now, I can tell you that Orange County either right at the beach or miles inland is very, very, clean and safe. So much so that we are selling our house which has turned into a drug infested, depressed county, beach side white trash hood to rent in California.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 AM

39 posts, read 106,933 times
It's all relative. In any city a person finds what they do and don't like and either avoid it or embrace it. I thought I didn't like OC anymore (born and raised) until we made the decision to slow it down and move to Spokane, WA. Holy cow! What a dump this place is! There are teeny tiny pockets of nice and huge gaping holes of crap! Homeless people everywhere, young people who look as lost as the day is long and just a feeling of sadness and depression! I realize there are parts of this city that are cool: camping, hiking, fishing, any outdoor activity is closer than it ever was in CA, but that isn't where you LIVE. Or work, or shop or find other entertainment which, btw, there isn't much of here. Add to that, the weather prohibits a lot of those activities 9-10 months of the year!
Anyway, not to go off on an "I hate Spokane" tangent (although I do and would give anything to get back to OC), keep in mind that all of the situations mentioned by the OP (maybe minus the football issue, lol) happen everywhere and sometimes more often in different places.
Someone posted exactly what I say to people who hate on CA, it isn't California's fault. SoCal isn't that bad....as long as one remembers it's not what they see on TV. At least not all the time.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,720,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
Sunrise in Santa Ana. I took this off the corner of MacArthur and Main. I have to admit, i absolutely LOVE those two buildings. I cant help but stare!
My family and I just stayed at a local hotel in this area and loved it! We drove around to get a feel for the city itself and were very impressed. Sure, we saw some areas that were not as nice as others, but for the most part it is a very nice place. We will be going back!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 AM

347 posts, read 666,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
My family and I just stayed at a local hotel in this area and loved it! We drove around to get a feel for the city itself and were very impressed. Sure, we saw some areas that were not as nice as others, but for the most part it is a very nice place. We will be going back!
Glad to hear you had a pleasant time in Santa Ana and Orange County! Yes, for the most part, that City is very nice and getting better every year. Downtown Santa Ana is also turning into quite a place. Come back anytime!

Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 AM

Recent image of Anaheim's Honda Center after a concert.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:14 AM

I took this image a few months ago in Huntington Beach. This is the area of Huntington Beach just off of PCH and Main ST.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County