Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:01 PM

121 posts, read 183,604 times

Advertisements

That building looks awesome. Going to take a train up to a Ducks game to check it out soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 05:47 PM

20 posts, read 26,668 times
https://goo.gl/photos/Xu2XTc16Ppei6vtq7
https://goo.gl/photos/2US1LQL52pnFUAZy9
https://goo.gl/photos/ayqgcvsvMfmhfXQu6
https://goo.gl/photos/Uz2mngE6FLTMcizt6

Some pictures I took from around Orange

Old 05-06-2017, 11:43 PM

3 posts, read 9,860 times
Yeah that's Pretty Nice!

Old 05-24-2017, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 9,537 times
Hey everybody!
I moved to Orange County from New York 6 months ago.
Here some pics
I hope you like them.

Attached Thumbnails
PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-20161107-gopr7940.jpg   PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-20161129-g0018444-edit.jpg   PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-20170212-g0040180-edit.jpg   PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-20170305-gopr0410-edit-edit.jpg   PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-20170415-gopr1005-edit-edit.jpg  

PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-20170212-gopr0154-edit.jpg  

Last edited by adriansarpe; 05-24-2017 at 08:37 AM..

Old 05-24-2017, 03:58 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,283,904 times
the lighthouse is in Long Beach

Old 05-24-2017, 04:11 PM

3,882 posts, read 4,533,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansarpe View Post
Hey everybody!
I moved to Orange County from New York 6 months ago.
Here some pics
I hope you like them.
Fun pics... so, do you miss the NY nightlife? That's one one New Yorker friend of mine complained about.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:41 AM

745 posts, read 1,284,064 times
Default More habitat loss

Photo of freshly destroyed rare elderberry woodland habitat from 2015, soon to be a cramped clone-home development in Portola Hills.

I used to hike here and find all sorts of interesting--and rare--reptiles and plants and birds. Even found a fossil shark tooth right next to a mountain biking trail.

All gone forever.
Attached Thumbnails
PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-deathbyprogress.jpg  

Old 08-22-2017, 02:44 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,283,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
Photo of freshly destroyed rare elderberry woodland habitat from 2015, soon to be a cramped clone-home development in Portola Hills.

I used to hike here and find all sorts of interesting--and rare--reptiles and plants and birds. Even found a fossil shark tooth right next to a mountain biking trail.

All gone forever.
I think that's the reason they are trying to recall 2 councilors in Lake Forest? but unless the land is public, we really couldn't do anything..its their property

Old 03-01-2018, 08:23 AM

252 posts, read 422,327 times
I have lived and loved and played, in Orange County since 1955.

We currently are living and loving Dana Point and South County.

I prefer the beach cities and beach lifestyle and the living conditions are quite nice as well. For our area, we roam our tri cities of Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano inland a few miles ), and San San Clemente , as well as Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills....and up the coast thru Laguna Beach, Corona Del Mar, Balboa Island, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Huntington Harbor, Sunset Beach, Seal Beach, etc.

We are not millionaires, but you dont have to be one, if you can live in nice areas. All of us, are totally responsible for where we are in life and what we have done and accomplished on our own.

I have also lived, in Santa Ana ( high school years and and Santa Ana College), and Fullerton, Garden Grove, Tustin, etc.

And 10 years on Kauai Island, Hi. Recently returned to Orange County from Kauai...been here in Dana Point for 3 years and love it, mucho.

We prefer the beach cities, and we do what ever it takes to live here.

No, we cannot afford to buy, or prefer not to, so we rent at the Villas at Monarch Beach, a 5 minute walk to the beach, hiking trails from the coast to well inland, wilderness trails, etc. Love the small beach community of Dana Point, and surrounding area. Dana Point Harbor is very, very nice.

We also prefer, since we are retired not to tie up money in home ownership since we travel, mostly skippering boats in the caribbean, australia, Tahiti, Ireland and Greece. Also, a great Land Trip in Costa Rica, and are heading back to visit Kauai for several weeks in June.

That is how we keep on enjoying life in Orange County. We make our own good times, within our limited budgets since we are on a retirement income.

Also, we bring our own aloha, no matter where we go, at home, or internationaly.

For those thinking about Orange County, come and check it out, meet the people, have fun, and enjoy.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
I have lived and loved and played, in Orange County since 1955.

We currently are living and loving Dana Point and South County.

I prefer the beach cities and beach lifestyle and the living conditions are quite nice as well. For our area, we roam our tri cities of Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano inland a few miles ), and San San Clemente , as well as Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills....and up the coast thru Laguna Beach, Corona Del Mar, Balboa Island, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Huntington Harbor, Sunset Beach, Seal Beach, etc.

We are not millionaires, but you dont have to be one, if you can live in nice areas. All of us, are totally responsible for where we are in life and what we have done and accomplished on our own.

I have also lived, in Santa Ana ( high school years and and Santa Ana College), and Fullerton, Garden Grove, Tustin, etc.

And 10 years on Kauai Island, Hi. Recently returned to Orange County from Kauai...been here in Dana Point for 3 years and love it, mucho.

We prefer the beach cities, and we do what ever it takes to live here.

For those thinking about Orange County, come and check it out, meet the people, have fun, and enjoy.
The above is true. Glad you enjoy the area. One of my favorite part of SoCal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County