Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,436,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Yes. I've been there many times. It's ghetto... lol

I hated going there when I lived there. It's super ghetto. I think I avoided going there. The CVS by Trader Joe's was ghetto too now that I remember. TJ itself was never ghetto though.
I go to the Target on Harbor right off the 405 even though its farther away, just to avoid the one on Bristol. Yeah, the CVS (or is it Rite Aid - I went there for ice cream once) is pretty bad too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,958,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I go to the Target on Harbor right off the 405 even though its farther away, just to avoid the one on Bristol. Yeah, the CVS (or is it Rite Aid - I went there for ice cream once) is pretty bad too.
Now I remember; I used to go to that one all the time too! That one is pretty nice. I forgot because it was a long time since I lived there but now I remember... Some of the workers at the Target at Bristol didn't even speak English.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,000,204 times
That part of Santa Ana is OK. not desirable but OK.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
If you still live in the area you should definitely try out Chicken Maison in that shopping center where the Target is on Bristol. It's right across from Lee's Sandwhiches. It is the best chicken I have ever tasted in my life; it was voted the #1 restaurant in OC on Yelp and it's cheap. I go there a lot when I'm down in OC. That place is not ghetto at all; the Santa Ana PD eats there all the time. Spicy lemon garlic chicken and the basil one. Chicken Maison - Santa Ana, CA Over 600 reviews

Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,436,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
If you still live in the area you should definitely try out Chicken Maison in that shopping center where the Target is on Bristol. It's right across from Lee's Sandwhiches. It is the best chicken I have ever tasted in my life; it was voted the #1 restaurant in OC on Yelp and it's cheap. I go there a lot when I'm down in OC. That place is not ghetto at all; the Santa Ana PD eats there all the time. Spicy lemon garlic chicken and the basil one. Chicken Maison - Santa Ana, CA Over 600 reviews
Yep, been there. Its good.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 PM

Costa Mesa has good food and restaurants. Baja Fish Tacos is also really good.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,473,638 times
Although that isn't the best area in Santa Ana, traffic and bad drivers there are a bigger threat to your well being than crime.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,947,123 times
Quote:
Haha, now I don't feel so bad since I'm not the only that does that

Even better, ever since my company moved me from DTLA back to OC, the Target in the Irvine Spectrum is wonderfully convenient for me to stop by on the way home from work now.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:13 PM

6 posts, read 12,810 times
For the past 3 years, I have lived in the Madison Park neighborhood along the boundary with the Delhi neighborhood which is said to be gang-infested. I've never had a problem at night. It was quite shocking that on Easter Sunday in broad daylight a couple of boys about half my age sounded like they were about to rob me. Police often drive on East Saint Andrew Place due to it being the neighborhood boundary between Madison Park and Delhi. My side is Madison Park as indicated by the Neighborhood Association signs above the street signs. I am not a member of the Madison Park Neighborhood Association and do not plan to join. It's the only place I can afford to live alone as my former roommates kicked me out for illegitimate reasons and never wanna experience something like that again.

Last edited by APV83; 07-08-2014 at 06:37 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM

60 posts, read 94,517 times
The following is an official governement report on Santa Ana and Mexican Mafia gang related raids from 2011 but the problem still persists and actually is prevalent all over California:

http://www.atf.gov/files/press/relea...black-flag.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County