Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 AM

317 posts, read 1,758,124 times

Advertisements

After 6 months of living in Orange County (previously a resident of New Jersey my entire life) I FINALLY found a GREAT PIZZA joint. LA ROCCA'S PIZZA. It is in San Clemente. They also have a few in San Diego and one in Huntington Beach which they recently sold, but still has their name however the preperation of the pies have slightly changed. If you are ever in San Clemente, check this place out, seriously the BEST pizza I had out here. Coming from NJ I expect a LOT when it comes to pizza! So you know it must be good. These guys are legit brooklyn guys, go check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakicka View Post
After 6 months of living in Orange County (previously a resident of New Jersey my entire life) I FINALLY found a GREAT PIZZA joint. LA ROCCA'S PIZZA. It is in San Clemente. They also have a few in San Diego and one in Huntington Beach which they recently sold, but still has their name however the preperation of the pies have slightly changed. If you are ever in San Clemente, check this place out, seriously the BEST pizza I had out here. Coming from NJ I expect a LOT when it comes to pizza! So you know it must be good. These guys are legit brooklyn guys, go check it out!
Being from NYC I have been looking for a great Pizza Place, so I will check this out.

St. Pepporoni's in Newport on Bristol and Birch is pretty good too, not NY style.

Now it would be nice to find a great NJ Bagel place . Man WaWa's had some awesome bagels lol, I know it is a gas station but I don't care.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Being from NYC I have been looking for a great Pizza Place, so I will check this out.

St. Pepporoni's in Newport on Bristol and Birch is pretty good too, not NY style.

Now it would be nice to find a great NJ Bagel place . Man WaWa's had some awesome bagels lol, I know it is a gas station but I don't care.

WAWAAAAAAA wow do I miss WAWA! That place is a gem. Once it was only a small convenience store similar to 7-11 and more recently they branched out and did a ful service gas station attached to the now expanded convenience store. They have the best store brand chocolate milk, iced tea, and they custom make your subs for you right there before you go to the beach. I miss summers in NJ, but now I have summer year round out here : ) Their bagels were pretty good but I had much better in NJ. I haven't found too many places out here w/ good bread. I did find a good donut/croissant/pastry shop though... it is in Newport right by the pier along those beachfront shops/bars. It is open 24 hours and is very close next to the 21 oceanfront restaurant. Donuts are 75 cents and ham & cheese croissants are 2.50. very reasonable and very good.

Anyone on these boards know the A&S Pork store in West Paterson, NJ? I also miss that place. Authentic, imported italian cold cuts, fresh meats, pasta, and some great sandwiches and subs.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:09 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,585 times
I know it's in LA (specifically Hermosa Beach) but the best pizza I ever had anywhere in Cali was at Paisano's on Hermosa Avenue near Pier. That stuff still rocks.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
I know it's in LA (specifically Hermosa Beach) but the best pizza I ever had anywhere in Cali was at Paisano's on Hermosa Avenue near Pier. That stuff still rocks.
I had it there and coming from the East Coast it's not that great.
The place gets exposure because at 1am-3am you will see a line out the door from all the drunk kids that just left the bars. I went there when I visited my cousin who lives a few blocks from the pizza joint and I would give it a 7 on a 1-10, the place I mentioned above, La Rocca's in San Clemente I would give a 9, a 10 only going to places back East I know.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM

499 posts, read 2,156,676 times
My favorite is Nick's on Harbor and Wilson in Costa Mesa.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM

123 posts, read 551,320 times
Richie's, right next to the info center at "The Block" at Orange, excellent thin east coast style.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 AM

264 posts, read 397,571 times
Best New York pizza is San Biaggio's in Upland....bar none.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 PM

2 posts, read 13,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

You should try Pizzarito Best Authentic New Your Pizza around there are two locations in Hunt. Bch

Old 04-17-2008, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 13,765 times
Default pizzarito

Best Authentic New Your Pizza around Huntington Beach !!! check it out !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County