U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 PM

57 posts, read 139,599 times

Advertisements

"There is a red roof inn in Orange/Santa Ana (main street) that is tolerable. "

I used to spend $$$ at places like Hyatt and Hilton when I in OC but realized they nickel and dime you for everything...wi-fi, parking, internet- in room, etc..So wait! You wanna charge me $$ to park on your property as a paying guest? Like how do these hotel chains think I arrived at their hotels? I guess they must think I parachuted in with my luggage or something. Maybe in Manhattan, NY I can see that happening since space is a premium but in OC??

So since then, I have stayed at the Redroof mentioned above. Not a bad area, next to mall, Barnes & Noble, 1/4 mile to I-5. Free parking, internet, friendly staff. I give them my business. Besides when I'm there, I'm not there except to sleep or take shower. Why pay $200 when you can pay $55?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM

98 posts, read 152,600 times
OK....just got back from 5 days in OC

>Best deal was Radisson Newport Beach you can get as low as $115/nt if you stay 4 nights, with 4th night free

Its a nice clean hotel; with HUGE pool like resort

I got for one night $140/nt using AAA code (4) which I am not a member, they didnt ask for card; as low as $125/nt for 3 nights also on Fri-Sun

>Marriott Suite @ Bayview

I got $161/night again with AAA code [4], they didnt ask and free parking -$20 (Mgrs courtesy, just ask)

Both these rates were $50-75 less than whats on web sites.... I just called or walked into lobby

Again these are solid hotels with rates much less than BestWestern, Holiday Inn, Motels charging in same range

Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 PM

1,548 posts, read 2,887,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC View Post
OK....just got back from 5 days in OC

>Best deal was Radisson Newport Beach you can get as low as $115/nt if you stay 4 nights, with 4th night free

Its a nice clean hotel; with HUGE pool like resort

I got for one night $140/nt using AAA code (4) which I am not a member, they didnt ask for card; as low as $125/nt for 3 nights also on Fri-Sun

>Marriott Suite @ Bayview

I got $161/night again with AAA code [4], they didnt ask and free parking -$20 (Mgrs courtesy, just ask)

Both these rates were $50-75 less than whats on web sites.... I just called or walked into lobby

Again these are solid hotels with rates much less than BestWestern, Holiday Inn, Motels charging in same range
Thanks for the fabulous feedback! I'm totally tucking this info in my hat for when I have guests in town. I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,172,389 times
I've always been partial to the Westin Resort at South Coast Plaza!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM

Jackpot!

Just satyed in Newport Beach for $89 with free Buffet Breakfast at Hyatt Regency Irvine...its really Newport Beach
West...

Hyatt Regency Irvine - California Hotel for Business & Leisure

Thats less than the Best Western, Holiday Inn on same street!!!

The $89 rate is good Thur-Sun,...say ur AAA they dont check...also ask for courtesy Parking and they will do $9/nt v. $18

Its a 5 star quality hotel, with resort style pools, gardens, gym. Its in a quiet office park (Met Life, Chase, etc) and close to 405.

Breakfast Buffet is amazing.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 AM

15 posts, read 20,418 times
Quote:
I will be making a 3-4 trips to OC (Irvine, Newport Beach, etc) to look at housing and was interested in any chain hotels that are well known in area.

Seems like $125-175 is rate

I am partial to Hyatts & Marriots; but most of these seem to be in Irvine/Santa Ana/Anaheim/Garden Grove which dont have great reps

Will be happy to do a new Radisson / Comfort Inn / Best Western v. a dated higher end brand tower hotel thats riding on its lobby/web site...

Thanks

I've stayed at Holiday Inn, Irvine Spectrum in Lake Forest and it is pretty new, nice, clean, and safe. Rates are usually well below $100 and a steal. It's right off the exit on 5 fwy.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:05 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,129,909 times
Quote:
Jackpot!

Just satyed in Newport Beach for $89 with free Buffet Breakfast at Hyatt Regency Irvine...its really Newport Beach West...
Nice rates, but if it's okay to say the Irvine hotel is really in Newport Beach West (West??), then I think I'll market my AV home as being in Laguna Beach East when I decide to sell it. If that doesn't work, then I'll say it's in the Very Far West Side of Manhattan; that should hook homesick New Yorkers.

What's wrong with a little bit of fantasy?

Again, great rates and I'm nit-picking (It's early in the morning and I'm half-awake). This poster is accurate about saying he stayed in Lake Forest, even though the hotel owners are being creative with the name in suggesting it's located in Irvine at the Spectrum (Every vacationer's dream ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBound001 View Post
I've stayed at Holiday Inn, Irvine Spectrum in Lake Forest and it is pretty new, nice, clean, and safe. Rates are usually well below $100 and a steal. It's right off the exit on 5 fwy.

Last edited by pacific2; 09-25-2012 at 06:53 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 PM

Well it took like 3 min on Jamboree to drive from Newport to hotel

Just so folks dont get ripped off thinking they need to be in $180 Hyatt when a $89 hyatt is 3min away

Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 PM

30,320 posts, read 75,295,155 times
I do nto kow pirces, but I have used the Ebassy Suites in Santa Ana and Best Wesrn in Costa Mesa. Both were affordable or I woudl not have put people in there. The Balboa Inn has some decent rates off season and it is right on the beach.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM

15 posts, read 20,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Nice rates, but if it's okay to say the Irvine hotel is really in Newport Beach West (West??), then I think I'll market my AV home as being in Laguna Beach East when I decide to sell it. If that doesn't work, then I'll say it's in the Very Far West Side of Manhattan; that should hook homesick New Yorkers.

What's wrong with a little bit of fantasy?

Again, great rates and I'm nit-picking (It's early in the morning and I'm half-awake). This poster is accurate about saying he stayed in Lake Forest, even though the hotel owners are being creative with the name in suggesting it's located in Irvine at the Spectrum (Every vacationer's dream ):

Ya, when I booked the hotel, I figured I would be close to the spectrum (not that I needed to be there), but the hotel is in Lake Forest. (nice area though..decent restaurants around and right off the exit)

There's Motel 6 in Costa Mesa (off the exit/where fwy ends) which has the new updated decor/free WiFi and for $50, it's a pretty good deal too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County