U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM

98 posts, read 151,014 times

Advertisements

I will be making a 3-4 trips to OC (Irvine, Newport Beach, etc) to look at housing and was interested in any chain hotels that are well known in area.

Seems like $125-175 is rate

I am partial to Hyatts & Marriots; but most of these seem to be in Irvine/Santa Ana/Anaheim/Garden Grove which dont have great reps

Will be happy to do a new Radisson / Comfort Inn / Best Western v. a dated higher end brand tower hotel thats riding on its lobby/web site...

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 PM

1,548 posts, read 2,854,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC View Post
I will be making a 3-4 trips to OC (Irvine, Newport Beach, etc) to look at housing and was interested in any chain hotels that are well known in area.

Seems like $125-175 is rate

I am partial to Hyatts & Marriots; but most of these seem to be in Irvine/Santa Ana/Anaheim/Garden Grove which dont have great reps

Will be happy to do a new Radisson / Comfort Inn / Best Western v. a dated higher end brand tower hotel thats riding on its lobby/web site...

Thanks
While I like to splurge when I'm on vacation, for the type of trip you're taking, I do budget-friendly since I'm not there for play.

When I do budget-friendly, I typically do LaQuinta since they're dog-friendly, clean (I'm a little OCD in that regard), reasonably priced, and centrally located. I typically take my own food, but they even include breakfast. I believe there's one in Irvine.

Added:
Note that I haven't been to the Irvine location, but have been to many others and have never had a problem. I believe each is independently owned, so experiences will vary by location. But again, so far, I've never had a problem.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:45 PM

224 posts, read 469,449 times
Highly recommend the Costa Mesa Marriott (Anton Blvd). Not only is the hotel very nice- nice rooms, polished, great bar, restaurant, and pool area, but the location is top too. Down the street from South Coast Plaza, a few blocks from the 405 Bristol St exit, and near many restaurants. The best part? Cheap! We often stay there for $100/night (or thereabouts). We travel to OC several times a year and always stay at this property because we're Marriott rewards members and for the price this property is excellent.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalinnorcal View Post
Highly recommend the Costa Mesa Marriott (Anton Blvd). Not only is the hotel very nice- nice rooms, polished, great bar, restaurant, and pool area, but the location is top too. Down the street from South Coast Plaza, a few blocks from the 405 Bristol St exit, and near many restaurants. The best part? Cheap! We often stay there for $100/night (or thereabouts). We travel to OC several times a year and always stay at this property because we're Marriott rewards members and for the price this property is excellent.
Your post sounded so good I looked into them for myself. Too bad they don't list their pet policy and I can't even locate an email address or direct phone number to ask. Guess I'll stick with old trusty.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM

236 posts, read 475,190 times
Westin South Coast Plaza is fantastic.

It is in your price range.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:57 PM

5,113 posts, read 18,887,765 times
Ayres is always good

Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
Westin South Coast Plaza is fantastic.

It is in your price range.
Aren't all Westins? (Now you have me dreaming of West Hilton Head. )

Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 AM

98 posts, read 151,014 times
Westin shows $250 ?

Disc codes?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 PM

240 posts, read 594,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC View Post

Thanks
I don't know where you're getting your info but Irvine is pretty much pristine thru-out. Anaheim is home to Disneyland so those 5000 or so chubby Mid-Western rednecks visiting it every single day whilst staying in the area can't be THAT wrong.

Garden Grove is ..OK let's skip GG.

Radisson, Comfort, BestW ..they're ALL pretty decent. Just do a Google Street View to help ID the best options.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM

30,253 posts, read 74,402,821 times
Do not know cost, but the Embassy suites in Santa Ana is pretty nice. There is an El Torito Grill just down the street with great food. It is very conveniently located.

If you want cheap, the best western on Newport Boulevard is clean and decent. We used to store guests there fairly often. I am not sure whether it falls into Newport Beach or Costa Mesa.

There is a red roof inn in Orange/Santa Ana (main street) that is tolerable.

Marriot at Fashion Island in Newport Beach is nice. You would need to have some sort of discount to meet your price limit.

I am not a fan of higher end chains because you get less for the $, so I mostly know independant places.

You cannot generalize about four large cities with any accuracy. Anaheim and Santa Ana have bad parts and very nice parts. Irvine is generally considered the upper middle class heaven. Parts of Santa Ana are across the street from parts of Irvine. Crossing the street does not make any difference in the niceness of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County