U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 04:38 AM

5 posts, read 9,995 times

Advertisements

Hello, I recently made a post here regarding moving to long beach, however my circumstances have changed and I will be moving in the area of Fullerton.

This will be a decent halfway point between the pomona area and long beach.

From what I have read and heard, staying away from Anaheim is a wise move.

My criteria is:

Safe neighborhood for myself and my girlfriend
At least some close by places to eat etc
1 bed/1 bath
Cat friendly
Under 1200

Pluses: gated parking
decent management

Also, anything to look out for regarding this move that I haven't listed?

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 AM

6,980 posts, read 13,658,857 times
All 3 cities are fairly safe.. with the exception of maybe a few neighborhoods, you can't go wrong with any of the 3 cities (assuming you can find a 1br for $1200/mo or less.) Placentia might be the cheaper of the 3.. stay away from the area near CSU Fullerton.. rents are gonna be overpriced near college campuses. Some areas near Downtown Fullerton and Downtown Brea have some transients but they're generally harmless anyways.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM

185 posts, read 484,371 times
There are some apartments around Yorba Linda Blvd and Placentia Ave that seem to fit your criteria, but I'm not sure how much they rent for. That area is pretty safe, with a few car break ins hear and there.

If you are looking in Fullerton, the best areas are going to be north of Commonwealth Avenue, and even better if you can get north of Chapman. Placentia is mostly pretty good, with the exception of a few areas near Chapman and Orangethorpe near the 57. Almost all of Brea is nice.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 PM

5 posts, read 9,995 times
Thanks guys.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 AM

224 posts, read 469,394 times
All 3 cities are very nice and safe. Lots of established parts and plenty of newer parts too. Great place to live regardless of age. Have fun!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,192,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Cowboys Fan View Post
There are some apartments around Yorba Linda Blvd and Placentia Ave that seem to fit your criteria, but I'm not sure how much they rent for. That area is pretty safe, with a few car break ins hear and there.

If you are looking in Fullerton, the best areas are going to be north of Commonwealth Avenue, and even better if you can get north of Chapman. Placentia is mostly pretty good, with the exception of a few areas near Chapman and Orangethorpe near the 57. Almost all of Brea is nice.
The area between Lemon and Raymond south of Commonwealth but north of the railroad track should fill the bill of the OP. I lived there for a number of years and paid well under the OP's stated price for a two-bedroom (with a roomie). Not always very pretty but generally safe, as well as being close (walking distance) to downtown. Many apartment buildings in the area, older but refurbished and some locally owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County