Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,603 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am at the Park II in Irvine CA, am looking for someone to take over the remaining 6 mnths of my lease. Im in a beautiful 1 bdrom loft with 30 ft ceilings, tons of storage (one storage room I thought was bdrm # 2.

Price is 2285/mnth, balcony vaulted ceilings, washer/drying in unit, steel appliances. Im taking photos now. Available 7/1/2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 PM

23 posts, read 35,699 times
I'm in my mid-20s, graduated from UC Irvine and am now working in Irvine. If I could afford to live in Irvine, I would move there in a heartbeat. Sadly, I'm stuck living in the Inland Empire to save money from rent.

A little bit more background on me: I grew up in suburbia and in nice gated communities, so living in a really nice area is a huge deal for me.

If you have good roommates who like to party, Irvine is not a bad place if you don't mind commuting to your party location. My sorority sisters and I would drive to LA and Hollywood for our nightlife fix on the weekends and it normally takes 45 minutes to an hour to drive out there (depending on if you want to make it before guest list closes).

I'd mainly choose living in Irvine over living anywhere else because the commute going to Irvine is terrible. I don't mind driving an hour to party it up in Hollywood or LA, but I can't stand sitting in 1 hour+ of bumper to bumper traffic.

The luxury apartment life in Irvine is great. There are tons of great food places and the Irvine Spectrum is decently lively at night.

I hope my 2 cents helped! It really is a matter of preference. I'm sure we have different views of nice living lifestyle.

The main thing for me is that I'd rather have a nice commute to work than have a terrible commute 5 days a week. And trust me, if there's traffic going to work, it's just as bad leaving work. Nice commutes = less stress, more money, better performance at work!

Old 08-02-2013, 02:32 PM

128 posts, read 178,492 times
You'll love it here - take the plunge and don't look back.

I moved from the Midwest and was partial to the nightlife. I've found that I'm so much less focused on the nightlife now that I live here because the weather is just so damn nice.

I used to sleep in late - now I get up early so that I can spend more time at the beach on a sunny early morning. I used to play video games inside and now I spend time outdoors riding a bike or walking my dogs.

But everyone is different. I would live in or near Irvine close to work for a year. Between the new state, new job, and new life that first year will fly by. By that time you'll have a much better feel for the area and know where you like to hang out and how much of a commute you could tolerate. I'm also sure you'll make friends through work and what not.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my0105 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm sure many people have already posted something similar, but hoping to get more (better/newer) responses

I currently have a (potential) opportunity to relocate to Irvine for a job within my company, and want to learn more about the area before I commit to anything... but the way I'm thinking is, if i really dislike it, I could always move back...I'm mid-20s, single female, and don't know anyone in southern California...
I'm from Philadelphia and love the city life, and from what I'm reading Irvine area is more suburban, which I don't mind at all since I did grow up in a suburban area, but I'm just worried that it'd be hard to socialize/meet new people living in Irvine. (Or i could be completely wrong)

If I were to relocate, I would like a somewhat walkable town, with a good nightlife scene.
Besides Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, are there any other areas that might fit this criteria?
I'd be willing to spend mid-high 1000s on rent, and 30-45min commute maximum. Also, for the above mentioned towns, what is public transportation like? (are cabs easy to get or would I have to call a cab service?)

Thanks everyone!
I know you posted this a long time ago, but I was just curious what you decided on and your thoughts. I'm going through the same thing currently.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:38 PM

600 posts, read 564,256 times
You can always use Lyft. Unless the reason to take Public Transportation is to meet random guys in the bus.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:00 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,662,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisek11 View Post
I know you posted this a long time ago, but I was just curious what you decided on and your thoughts. I'm going through the same thing currently.
Don't be shocked if you do not receive a reply from the OP:
Last Activity: 01-16-2013 09:19 AM

Old 04-30-2017, 05:50 PM

659 posts, read 827,260 times
The other posters said it right Irvine is bland, on the coast is a different life Laguna or Newport are like different countries compared to Irvine. As the people that live near the coast say, if it not Newport/Laguna it might as well be Barstow.

Try around Hunting Beach pier and there is some activity there and lower cost housing (not cheap) compared to Newport and Laguna.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:04 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,965,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
The other posters said it right Irvine is bland, on the coast is a different life Laguna or Newport are like different countries compared to Irvine. As the people that live near the coast say, if it not Newport/Laguna it might as well be Barstow.

Try around Hunting Beach pier and there is some activity there and lower cost housing (not cheap) compared to Newport and Laguna.
Yup. When I venture inland to any of the non-coastal OC cities, it's just like any other burb you would find in Washington State, or Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County