Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,099 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I have been engaged over 2 years and moved to Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley/Newport Beach a year and a half ago. We have come so far living here and being promoted to management in our companies and being able to afford a 1b/1b place in Newport. We want to get married soon and want more of an outdoor wedding. Anyone have any ideas of a space/place for $1,500 or less? I know that's asking a lot but even though we have succeeded here we're living almost check to check. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,265,891 times
How many guests? You might be able to rent a fairly sizeable boat in Newport Harbor for that amount of money. They go for fairly cheap if you're just using it at the slip and not taking it out.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 AM

looking at about 80 i believe but at this point i'm thinking courthouse which saddens me as that was what happened with my first marriage, and i wanted this one to be different because, well, it's different

Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,265,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolaschick246 View Post
looking at about 80 i believe but at this point i'm thinking courthouse which saddens me as that was what happened with my first marriage, and i wanted this one to be different because, well, it's different
If someone knocked on my door and offered to hand over $1,500 in cash to use my place for a few hours I probably wouldn't say no. You might call a few residential property management companies in the area and see if anyone else might go for that deal. You could also try one of the VRBO sites and contact some of the vacation home owners there directly. House weddings can be great. We had one in the family overlooking Lake Tahoe that was awesome.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM

298 posts, read 628,496 times
I had a friend a few years back who was married on an area overlooking Laguna Beach. It was just north of Main Beach. It was almost like a lookout point, fenced in circular area at the end of a side street. All the guests stood. It was very simple but a beautiful setting. There was a small fee paid to the city. They had a simple reception at their parents home. You could check with each city's Chamber of Commerce or City Hall to see if there is anything offered in their city. Parks are a good option too. You could have a dinner afterwards at a Mexican restaurant which usually are pretty reasonable.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 AM

thank you guys for your suggestions i really appreciate it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County