Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,477 times

Advertisements

Mid 20s and single? Man Orange County would be boring at that age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 AM

188 posts, read 989,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Mid 20s and single? Man Orange County would be boring at that age.
Boring? Why? Because it doesn't have gangs, prostitutes, hippies, and graffiti? .. OC is a great place to live for young people that why the average age is only 35.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthtrader View Post
Boring? Why? Because it doesn't have gangs, prostitutes, hippies, and graffiti? .. OC is a great place to live for young people that why the average age is only 35.
Take a look around OC, most young people are married and are planning a family. OC is definitely not the place to be for a single person. I am married with 2 dogs and a baby on the way and I get bored here at night lol.

If you like big nightclubs, packed streets and bars goto L.A. or San Diego's Gas-lamp district on the weekends.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 AM

112 posts, read 406,172 times
You just need to change what your view of fun is. OC does not have nightlife. It does have a great recreational environment though.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:20 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipster View Post
You just need to change what your view of fun is. OC does not have nightlife. It does have a great recreational environment though.
I don't think a single person is going to meet a lot of people doing outdoor recreational activities at 2am.

Last edited by Mach50; 11-06-2007 at 10:32 AM..

Old 11-06-2007, 05:15 PM

605 posts, read 866,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipster View Post
And if your Hispanic, Anaheim is the place for you.
Also . . .Santa Ana

Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthtrader View Post
Wow. I'm a huge fan of OC and didn't expect this kind of reactionary answer. It is a great place to raise kids. It is also a great place to retire. But in my opinion it would be dull to be in one's 20s and single. A lot of places that are great to be single don't have gangs, prostitutes, or graffiti. As far as "hippies"- most of these people are on social security.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 AM

50 posts, read 229,082 times
O.C. is boring as a single 20-something? Please explain... I would have thought it would be the place to be! There seams to be lots of job opportunities, a large population, outstanding weather, beaches, decent outdoor recreational activities, and is much safer than LA or San Diego, etc. No nightlife and all married couples sounds more like where I currently live (This place shuts down by 9pm) than what I would be expecting in a place as infamous as Orange County.

All the posts I've been reading about the area's extreme cost and mediocre singles scene haven't been looking too good for Orange.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_quest View Post
O.C. is boring as a single 20-something? Please explain... I would have thought it would be the place to be! There seams to be lots of job opportunities, a large population, outstanding weather, beaches, decent outdoor recreational activities, and is much safer than LA or San Diego, etc. No nightlife and all married couples sounds more like where I currently live (This place shuts down by 9pm) than what I would be expecting in a place as infamous as Orange County.

All the posts I've been reading about the area's extreme cost and mediocre singles scene haven't been looking too good for Orange.
Infamous because of some misleading TV shows? Ten years ago Orange County had the reputation of being a slow paced suburban area with fantastic beaches and weather. And despite the misleading TV shows, that is pretty much what it is today. It is the place to be- just not for singles. But it is all relative. Compared to a lot of this country almost anywhere in California looks pretty lively.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM

198 posts, read 931,177 times
Here's the thing: it depends on what kind of 20-something single you are.

If you're party-party-party 24/7-type and want to be able to crawl home from the club/party, then OC's prolly not for you.

If you're school/work M-F, and do the bulk of your partying Thurs-Sun--and you don't mind driving to LA for the really cool places to go club/eat/drink/schmooze/hook up, then OC is fine.

If you're not really the club/party-type, but just like to be active and get out there, then OC will be great... there's still plenty of bars/nightspots here for when you feel like grabbing a drink and mingling, but there's much less of the hoop-la in OC than LA. It's not so lit up and full of drunken crazies or scary-looking people.

OC has nicer beaches than LA (SD has lots of great beaches, too), our traffic is better (though, sometimes I wonder), and we're generally more laid back.

For outdoorsy-types, we're just as close (if not closer for some) to the mountains/forests for snowboarding/hiking, lakes/rivers for fishing/boating, deserts for 4-wheeling/hiking... everything's within a couple hours driving's distance (including San Diego for all their neat attractions/activities, too)--even Vegas is only 3.5 to 5 hours away.

OC's centrally located in SoCal, so you can basically get anywhere from here pretty easily. LA's a pain to drive in, and SD's really far south--OC, for many people is just so much more convenient.

It just depends on what you're looking for... ^_^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County