Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM

239 posts, read 673,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
The commute from and to Corona is hell. Not just tough, it is absolutely miserable. UNless you cna take the toll road most of the way, then not so bad.

Corona is not all that much cheaper.

You should be able to find IT jobs in OC. If you include LA it opens more options. If you live in a town with a train station, you can take the train/subway to LA. It is about 1,000,000,000,000,000 times more pleasant than driving. Train stations are in: San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Irvine, Santa Ana, Orange, Anaheim, Fullerton. I think I am missing one or two.
Where exactly in LA does the train go? Once off the train that means i would have to rely on a bus or another form of transport to get me to my work location, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Dude I was thinking of moving to Norco from OC. House prices there are slightly less more house more lot but the drive will eat you up. The extra 30 miles of commute is hellacious. We are still contemplating it but every day we are just gonna stay whereas are.
I have coworkers who moved out to corona riverside and drive in every day. All absolutely hate it. Any savings on the house will get go bled up by the added commute

Old 07-24-2013, 05:07 PM

823 posts, read 1,783,703 times
I have family out in the Corona area who have asked me to move out there. Yes, I can get a newer larger house at a cheaper price than what I would get in OC, but it's not just the commute I told them--it's the heat. Oh my...the weather out there is horrendous. The thick wall of heat hits me in the face as soon as I leave an air conditioned store. The winds remind me of hurricane Katrina. I'll take a smaller, older home in Orange County any day.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 PM

127 posts, read 240,203 times
"Corona sin el mar" sucks, Corona del mar rocks!

Old 07-25-2013, 10:51 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmanners View Post
"Corona sin el mar" sucks, Corona del mar rocks!
Corona vs Corona Del Mar....about 7-10 times more for same house.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
This is not just OC or So California where it is getting insane. We have a duplex (will the family does) in Paradise, CA. It is part of an estate, my step mom passed away late last year. Anyway it went on the market early this week. We listed it for $10,000 more than the realtor wanted us to list: we had 3 offers, all cash, in less than 24 hours. 2 of them were over the asking price. So I guess, it is safe to say: for now, the market in CA as well as other states in flourishing. Will it last, probably not. When interest rates start back up (which they have some) the market will cool off I am sure. In the meanwhile, for all of you who are selling, enjoy your profits, for those who are buying, My heart goes out to you.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducviloxi View Post
With real estate in a constant state of bubbles and busts perhaps being a Real estate agent or Mortgage broker is lucrative? I wonder how much Real estate agents are currently earning? It's easy work as the houses are apparently selling themselves...easy work and 6% commission on properties that are constantly rising in value so you're earning more and more.
You would think that wouldn't you. The problem is that everyone gets a license to sell or dusts off the license that they have and starts selling homes again. Sales are up, but the number of people selling also goes up. I almost think that lots of people do this because it takes a lot less effort to make some money as long as you can attract some clients. I remember hearing from friends in the business that everyone and their brother thinks that they will become agents and the big pie and all the pieces are split up with lots of people wanting a small slice.

In our area I have watched signs show up on peoples yards only to disappear about as fast as they were placed in the grass. One home just sold and at a great price. The sign went up week ago and allready the termite tent went up and is down now. Home is on a contingent back up right now. A few months back a home near us went on the market and had more than a dozen offers, all at or above asking price. The seller ended up with more than $30,000 over asking price. I am amazed at the amount of action in the market.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM

127 posts, read 240,203 times
Almost half a million dollars for a 60 year old 1700sqft sh!thouse in Garden Grove... the pleasure is all yours to pay HALF MILLION to live among notorious gangs... perhaps you can send your kids to the wonderful Garden Grove schools to become and initiated gangmember? What a incredible privilege!!

11651 Old Fashion Way, Garden Grove, CA 92840 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Last edited by johnmanners; 07-26-2013 at 01:30 PM..

Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 PM

239 posts, read 673,151 times
It had a 40k price decrease a few days ago. I hope this trend continues throughout the county.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:08 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmanners View Post
Almost half a million dollars for a 60 year old 1700sqft sh!thouse in Garden Grove... the pleasure is all yours to pay HALF MILLION to live among notorious gangs... perhaps you can send your kids to the wonderful Garden Grove schools to become and initiated gangmember? What a incredible privilege!!

11651 Old Fashion Way, Garden Grove, CA 92840 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
Wow. What a mean spirited post. That's one of the halfway decent areas of the city, by the way. Not everywhere is gang infested, and believe it or not most people in the city aren't gang members. The schools are decent for the income of the city, too. It's not paradise, but it could be much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County