Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
All ethnicities? Really?
Yes. Really.

You obviously did not go to the Walmart across the street from Knott's to see the latest session of the U.N.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,782 times
Quote:
Just got back home and happy to report no problems

Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 AM

88 posts, read 168,302 times
Quote:
Hello,

We plan on visiting Knott's Berry Farms at some point during the summer and I'm a little concerned for the well being of my family. I've heard much about the racists attitudes that exist in Orange County which brings me to ask the following questions:

What's the likelihood that we will be harassed by the police because we are minorities?

How much hostility should we expect from the people in town?

All serious answers wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Take advice from a black man! I dont know white people in the OC like to chime in on so some supposed tolerance. I work out there and defintly would not live there. OC is black unfriendly but you should have no problems driving through. Its not the south by any means and the racism there like everywhere else is sublte. Its safe in general and you should not worry and should have a good time. You should change the title, the term minority and Black are two different things though. Many People dont mind nonblacks but dont like blacks. I dont care but Black people need to stop the BS, Work hard and move up the social class.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
I hate everybody equally.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:52 PM

658 posts, read 1,554,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach finest View Post
I dont care but Black people need to stop the BS, Work hard and move up the social class.
Well said. Same is true for everyone.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 PM

296 posts, read 1,250,316 times
I honestly thought this thread was a joke until I realized it wasn't. I've lived in RSM, Newport and Coto and always had minority neighbors/friends/etc. Aside from that, there's tons of minorities in OC. I don't think anyone needs to "worry" about driving through. On the other hand, just don't move in and paint your trim a color other than beige. Those nasty HOA gangs might come for you, but that's about it...

Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
I work in several locations throughout Orange County and always see individuals from every ethnicity and nationality. Orange County is very diverse especially northern OC cities of Buena Park (Knott's Berry Farm) and Anaheim (Disneyland).

Old 07-28-2013, 03:46 PM

428 posts, read 848,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OC isn't Mississippi or Georgia. It's all very relative. Enjoy your vacation.
I know I grew up Long Beach because my parents moved their from Mississippi. I moved back to Mississippi as an adult and you are right Orange county is nothing like Mississippi or Georgia racism because Orange county is worst. I have been called the n word at Huntigton Beach, harassed by police in Newport Beach, and had skin heads chase me in Seal Beach. I have had no problems in the South. In the Deep South in many places Blacks are the majority and if not they are a close second. The Whites have hundreds of years of interacting with Blacks and living among them so there tends to be less racism nowadays. I would not recommend a Black family living in Orange County. Visiting Knott's Berry farm though they should be fine because it is in Buena Park and they can just take the 91 freeway and avoid mot of the racists parts of Orange County.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:32 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Sorry, I just had to bump this because it's one of the funniest threads, in its totality, that I've read here on C-D. Thanks for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County