Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,007,408 times

Advertisements

When I arrived from NY 20+ years ago, I found an apartment in downtown Huntington Beach, and quickly fell in with the surfing crowd (even though I don't surf). The craziness will eventually wear on you, but you will also have a lot of fun.

As a New yorker you a probably used to going out at 10 pm. In Orange County, things pretty much start shutting down around 10 pm. You'll get used to it.

Also do NOT mention how good the pizza and bagels are in NY, and that you can't find a decent pie in SoCal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 01:00 AM

658 posts, read 1,554,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalocopez213 View Post
I promise you man, Huntington Beach is the way to go; however thats my opinion. I lived in Orange County for 6 years (Irvine) and the spot was totally Huntington Beach You'll definitely see new faces, great surf, terrific weather 60-80°F year-round (for the most part)
Most of SoCal is really smoggy but since youre not in the inland valley, you should be good since youre near the shore.

Huntington Beach can be very touristy during summer and other holiday breaks. It shouldnt be too bad though because im sure most of the tourists are foing to be over at venice or santa monica.
theres definetly a chance for a night life if youre really interested in that. Not a problem.

Anyways thats all i got for now, gonna go to sleep.
Cheers, and good luck!

p.s. never think about things that might be a problem for you because you'll probably just keep thinking and thinking and developing more problems until all the little things kill you lol (:
Yea, but last time I was at HB in the summer, the beach was SUPER-PACKED. so if you want to relax on the beach in the summer, HB may not be the way to go... just depends on who you are i guess

Old 07-27-2013, 01:01 AM

658 posts, read 1,554,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
When I arrived from NY 20+ years ago, I found an apartment in downtown Huntington Beach, and quickly fell in with the surfing crowd (even though I don't surf). The craziness will eventually wear on you, but you will also have a lot of fun.

As a New yorker you a probably used to going out at 10 pm. In Orange County, things pretty much start shutting down around 10 pm. You'll get used to it.

Also do NOT mention how good the pizza and bagels are in NY, and that you can't find a decent pie in SoCal.
lol true,
nyc has some great pizza, west coast is missing this...

Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
Los Angeles for you, otherwise everyone around get's to listen to OVER AND OVER how cool NYC is. Ya it comes from major experience
DAWG. Not feeling the right coast and not trying to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County