U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:17 PM

11 posts, read 46,236 times

Advertisements

We found a nice house in the city of orange, and we are thinking of making an offer. How is the area? Crime rate seems pretty low compared to anaheim. Areas are much cleaner. Are there fun family things to do? I know there are some good bike trails thats near by.

We are a young asian couple with a 5 year old daughter. She might be attending Fletcher elementary school or we will keep her in st. pauls in garden grove.

Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 PM

6,664 posts, read 29,178,269 times
Always a lot of parrots in the trees there. Quiet town. Used to have a street fair at the circle, I do not know if they still hold that each year.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,036,547 times
Orange is a great place to live. It's also a fairly large city and some neighborhoods are nicer than others, but generally I'd say your observations are accurate. Fun family things to do/see nearby: Irvine Regional Park, Old Towne Orange, Fishing/boating at Irvine Lake, bike trails, Camelot Golfland (mini-golf).

Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 AM

816 posts, read 1,762,286 times
I like Orange. Quite a few good restaurants in Old Towne that I sometimes stop by for after work when I don't feel like sitting in traffic. Used to hang around the Block (now renamed as the Outlets) back in high school too. Haven't heard such great things about the schools there though.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:34 AM

30,085 posts, read 73,799,144 times
depends on where in Orange. Some parts are nice, some awesome, some are not nice at all and some are bland

Old 07-11-2013, 04:39 AM

884 posts, read 1,092,305 times
yeah--I hang out in Orange sometimes--I like Old Towne and the block is nice but I can't speak too much on various neighborhoods. i have literally spent 95% of my time in orange in Old Towne or by Chapman University which is nice but $$$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Always a lot of parrots in the trees there. Quiet town. Used to have a street fair at the circle, I do not know if they still hold that each year.
if you are referring to the orange international street fair, yes they still do that. that's always fun!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:16 PM

1,152 posts, read 793,315 times
I lived in Orange for several years and my kids went to Fletcher. The area around Fletcher is a nice family area.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:42 PM

1,575 posts, read 6,071,177 times
Moved to Orange a few months ago after spending several month renting in Irvine following a relocation from the East Coast. I think it is a great place to live. In OC, you will find cities that are cleaner, that are closer to the beach, that have better upscale restaurants and shopping, etc. But Orange has a lot of charms that other OC cities don't have (the Old Town area and access to good hiking and biking trails in particular). As ColdJensens mentioned, some areas are nicer than others. But frankly, that adds to some of the appeal to me. In Irvine, I felt like every single resident was an upper middle class professional and nothing mattered more than what school your child attended. If you found a good house and you like what you see in the neighborhood around you, you could do a lot worse. Good luck!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 AM

30,085 posts, read 73,799,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
Moved to Orange a few months ago after spending several month renting in Irvine following a relocation from the East Coast. I think it is a great place to live. In OC, you will find cities that are cleaner, that are closer to the beach, that have better upscale restaurants and shopping, etc. But Orange has a lot of charms that other OC cities don't have (the Old Town area and access to good hiking and biking trails in particular). As ColdJensens mentioned, some areas are nicer than others. But frankly, that adds to some of the appeal to me. In Irvine, I felt like every single resident was an upper middle class professional and nothing mattered more than what school your child attended. If you found a good house and you like what you see in the neighborhood around you, you could do a lot worse. Good luck!!!
But some people love conformity. For them, there is south Orange County. The conforming lifestyle has attracted more than 1 million people in OC, so clearly is has appeal to quite a lot of people. Orange is for the rest of us.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM

10 posts, read 9,644 times
Well I suspect it is very similar to the city of strawberry or very possibly similar to the city of grape. It's not like the city of lemon though. Much better than that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County