Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:23 PM

66 posts, read 85,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgk2013 View Post
Are you for real??

Many homes in OC do not have a backyard or a very small one. Neighborhoods such as my own, do not have a neighborhood park either. Children playing a friendly game of soccer or riding their scooters on a residential street does not make them or their parents "trash" or "little thugs". Most kids (including my own) are very aware of approaching cars and are respectful enough to move out of the way and not run all over our neighbor's yards. It amazes me how quickly some people forget that they too were once children themselves.
Well perhaps you should've thought about that and purchased a home with a yard or in a community with a playground, the street is not a soccer field. It is very trashy to have brats running all over. I bet you would be the first one to say "oh poor babies" if one of them gets rammed by an incoming Subaru and loses a leg when it is their fault for playing in the street. If people wanted to live in an area with miscreant youth loitering they would move to LA - Florence and Normandie or maybe north Inglewood, not a $700k+ development in Orange County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 01:29 PM

56 posts, read 104,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent from norcal View Post
Well perhaps you should've thought about that and purchased a home with a yard or in a community with a playground, the street is not a soccer field. It is very trashy to have brats running all over. I bet you would be the first one to say "oh poor babies" if one of them gets rammed by an incoming Subaru and loses a leg when it is their fault for playing in the street. If people wanted to live in an area with miscreant youth loitering they would move to LA - Florence and Normandie or maybe north Inglewood, not a $700k+ development in Orange County
There is no point in having a conversation (that cannot maintain civility) with someone who obviously is trolling the OC forum with a lot of hate and misinformation. Have a good day, Sir!

Old 05-28-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgk2013 View Post
There is no point in having a conversation (that cannot maintain civility) with someone who obviously is trolling the OC forum with a lot of hate and misinformation. Have a good day, Sir!
How is an opinion that I wouldn't want to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a home to have to deal with kids clogging the street trolling?

Old 05-28-2015, 01:38 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
How is an opinion that I wouldn't want to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a home to have to deal with kids clogging the street trolling?
Whoa. Please stay far, far away from RSM. We're not all going to keep our little kids from playing catch and riding scooters on residential streets so that you can peer out your windows at a perfectly silent, empty landscape.

And seriously...if you consider 6- to 10-year-olds playing in their front yards to be "loitering thugs," then you have more psychological problems than any forum can help you with.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Whoa. Please stay far, far away from RSM. We're not all going to keep our little kids from playing catch and riding scooters on residential streets so that you can peer out your windows at a perfectly silent, empty landscape.

And seriously...if you consider 6- to 10-year-olds playing in their front yards to be "loitering thugs," then you have more psychological problems than any forum can help you with.
RSM is a nice place although I would prefer something less inland if I moved back to Orange County..regardless there are noise ordinances and things like trespassing. Yes I would be that neighbor who called the cops, it ruins the quality of the neighborhood. This is not the Andy Griffith show go to the park.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:39 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
RSM is a nice place although I would prefer something less inland if I moved back to Orange County..regardless there are noise ordinances and things like trespassing. Yes I would be that neighbor who called the cops, it ruins the quality of the neighborhood. This is not the Andy Griffith show go to the park.
The cops? They would laugh at you. No one is trespassing. Sidewalks and the street are free to all. And if safety is your concern, though it doesn't sound as if it is, we're talking about a quiet cul-de-sac here.

These children are not making undue amounts of noise. The adults talking outside make just as much noise as they do. (Yes, we're one of THOSE neighborhoods where the neighbors chat and borrow tools from each other. The horror!)

I hope you live on a very, very large fenced-in property, screened from all your neighbors on all sides. For their sake.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 PM

347 posts, read 666,749 times
Quote:
if I moved back to Orange County..
Get the heck out of this forum and back to wherever you live! You provide nothing to the conversations on any of these threads.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:44 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
Kids should stay out of the street for their own safety. Play in driveways or at the parks. The worst are the basketball hoops on the streets and sidewalks facing the streets, that's just rude and inconsiderate and unsafe.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:16 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,767 times
Quote:
I would be pissed too tbh, play in your backyard don't obstruct traffic...I would go talk to the parents let them know that this is Orange County NOT Barstow so they should have a little class and not loiter in the street like little thugs. If they wanna act like trash and loiter and they wanna stay in OC maybe they should move to the Lake Forest trailer park on Muirlands or Santa Ana where that type of thing is common.
So you're saying it's ok for Barstow kids and Santa Ana and trailer park kids to play in the street, since they are what they are and there is no hope for them? Is that what I can read into your rant?

Would be curious to know where in NorCal you are from and what group of people forced you out (I assume you are here in OC now?) because they couldn't stand your drivel any more over stupid crap such as this. If I was a parent and you were to approach me about my kids in the manner you describe here, I would point out to them that the way you're talking IS NOT how to talk to people. That's for certain a way to raise arrogant elitist snobs, by telling them they can't play outside in the street because "this is Orange County and NOT Barstow".

You're not batting anything on any forum I have seen you on thus far.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
So you're saying it's ok for Barstow kids and Santa Ana and trailer park kids to play in the street, since they are what they are and there is no hope for them? Is that what I can read into your rant?

Would be curious to know where in NorCal you are from and what group of people forced you out (I assume you are here in OC now?) because they couldn't stand your drivel any more over stupid crap such as this. If I was a parent and you were to approach me about my kids in the manner you describe here, I would point out to them that the way you're talking IS NOT how to talk to people. That's for certain a way to raise arrogant elitist snobs, by telling them they can't play outside in the street because "this is Orange County and NOT Barstow".

You're not batting anything on any forum I have seen you on thus far.
I'm from San Francisco, moved to Orange County in freshman year of high school..currently live in Queens NY with my wife and children but my parents still live in Lake Forest. Moving back to CA soon. I could've transferred to Anaheim but I honestly didn't like the idea of spending 40 hours a week in Anaheim so I've found another job up north.

Yeah honestly there is pretty much no hope for most of them, there is a talented 10th that get out and do something about themselves but if their parents made enough bad life choices to lead them to raise their kids in Barstow or Santa Ana, it's not likely those kids will learn drive or motivation at home and genetics are not on their side.

There are certain acceptable behaviors in different settings. It's okay to act like trash in Barstow or Santa Ana because the community standard is low, in other places its higher. Behavior is situational and setting dependent, the way I talk to my mom is not the way I talk to my friends which isn't the way I talk my kids which isn't the way I talk when I'm working.

I would rather raise elitist snobs than little cholos or little white trash (we are mixed Mexican and white so they can be either).

My kids play plenty, at the park. When I was a teen I was a sports freak, but I respected my neighbors and community and didn't want to be loud or destructive, we hopped on our bikes and went to the park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County