Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:41 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,274,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I've been going to Angels' games since 1978 and I've seen Anaheim's transformation through the years. The city seems crowded, unclean but not filthy, too many chains (does Anaheim even like mom and pops/independents?), it's not visually appealing like other neighboring cities like Irvine and Yorba Linda. The city does have crime but I wouldn't say its widespread. Who knows how Anaheim would be like today without Disneyland? Maybe better. The city is just blah.

-Cheers.
I guess I am not sure how going to Anaheim Stadium for however many years gives you any idea what Anaheim is like? The area where the stadium is is one small corner of the city and a very industrial one at that.

There are lovely areas of Anaheim, like north of downtown on streets like Clementine, Wilhelmina and the like; and the areas around Loara High, Magnolia, Savannah and Katella High. All these areas have beautiful homes with well kept yards and nice community.

Yes there are parts of Anaheim that are bad, but to pretend that there is also not a lot of awfully nice areas is either disingenuous or willfully ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 02:01 AM

46 posts, read 81,832 times
I believe every city has got their pros & cons, but it doesn't mean that everyone would start hating the place, like you said you have been raised in Anaheim, but i don't understand what made you feel so bad this place. Adjustment needs to made wherever we reside. Hence blaming should be stopped rather initiatives needs to made to make the city more brighter & merrier.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:22 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,465,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Anaheim does have its good parts and bad parts, and those who've been trying to smear it with lumping it in with Cypress and Santa Ana are clueless.

However, the politicians of Anaheim have been hell-bent ontrying to attract a four or five star hotel such as a Ritz-Carlton or a Four Seasons to the city for some incomprehensible reason; apparently the Hilton & Marriott hotels which have been packed for decades and loaded with conventioneers as well as tourists year-round are somehow not good enough.

Some tourists and/or conventioneers will stay at the upscale resorts in Laguna Niguel, Newport Beach or Huntington Beach; why those politicians are clamoring for one of them to build a hotel in Anaheim makes no sense whatsoever.
What's wrong with Cypress?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:50 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,489,282 times
illegal immigrants everywhere!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2014, 07:27 AM

227 posts, read 435,876 times
The problem with Anaheim? It has a lot of mexicans. Politically incorrect, but true.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,081,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMatthews View Post
The problem with Anaheim? It has a lot of mexicans. Politically incorrect, but true.
It's one thing to complain about illegals (who come from countries other than simply Mexico), but it is quit another to complain about all Mexicans in general. Perhaps you don't see a difference, but there is. That is a terrible thing to say and I am quite offended.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 11-19-2014 at 09:09 PM..

Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,268,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
It's one thing to complain about illegals (who come from countries other than simply Mexico), but it is quit another to complain about all Mexicans in general. Perhaps you don't see a difference, but there is. That is a terrible thing to say and I am quite offended.
Some people prefer to live with their own ethnicity. Nothing wrong with that.

Why do you think rich Chinese are in Irvine and not Newport Beach? Or rich Mexicans in the hills around Whittier, and not in Orange County? Or the WASP whites are all along the coast? Or the Persians in Beverly Hills? I don't see the problem, as long as you treat everyone else with respect.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:02 AM

9,808 posts, read 11,081,734 times
The person making the statement was not even discussing this preference you are referring to. He or she simply said that the problem with Anaheim was Mexicans. That is what I objected to because it is an offensive comment. There are countless Mexican-Americans with very long roots in California both in Anaheim and in OC as a whole.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,476,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Some people prefer to live with their own ethnicity. Nothing wrong with that.

Why do you think rich Chinese are in Irvine and not Newport Beach? Or rich Mexicans in the hills around Whittier, and not in Orange County? Or the WASP whites are all along the coast? Or the Persians in Beverly Hills? I don't see the problem, as long as you treat everyone else with respect.
Well, a big part of that is that non-whites, no matter their socio-economic status, were simply not sold property on the coast.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:05 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,265,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Well, a big part of that is that non-whites, no matter their socio-economic status, were simply not sold property on the coast.
not so long ago, non whites foreigners were prohibited from owning property and marrying whites in california
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County