Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,634 times

Advertisements

My family (wife and 5yr old son) will be relocating to the OC in the next few months. We are looking for the best place to raise our son and will be renting for the first year. Can someone give me info on MV, LN, NPB, etc...

Monthly rent would be around 4k - 6k, but we want to be in a very family friendly place. Mission Viejo seems like the best place, but would like some info and suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,170,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoocca View Post
My family (wife and 5yr old son) will be relocating to the OC in the next few months. We are looking for the best place to raise our son and will be renting for the first year. Can someone give me info on MV, LN, NPB, etc...

Monthly rent would be around 4k - 6k, but we want to be in a very family friendly place. Mission Viejo seems like the best place, but would like some info and suggestions.
Cities like Irvine, Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo, Ladera Ranch, and Laguna Hills could also work if you're looking to specifically be in south OC. Your rental budget is more than ample for any of those areas, depending on what you're looking for.

Will you be relocating for work? If so, the commute should be taken into consideration.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,078 times
All of the cities Joe mentions would be great. Irvine is VERY family friendly, and you could find a nice place with that monthly rent there.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,124 times
Agree that work commute should be a big concern. That price range should get you a decent house in all the OC cities that have good schools, so the big issue is what vibe you like best and how easy is it to get to work (and/or the airport).

Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,634 times
I want a family friendly location, but also like a small town vibe(walk or bike to stores, restaurants, etc.. would be a huge plus). Office will be in Irvine. I have heard good things about San Clemente, but a little concerned over the drive to work. Any info on specific neighborhoods would be appreciated.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoocca View Post
I want a family friendly location, but also like a small town vibe(walk or bike to stores, restaurants, etc.. would be a huge plus). Office will be in Irvine.
Dana Point is worth exploring.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:32 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I would rank # 1 Irvine #2 MV # Aliso Viejo #3. AV has $$$ of toll roads.

Frankly none of my pics have small town feel. I don't know that small town and family friendly go together in OC. I don't know Laguna Beach rental prices but it has small town and family friendly. You can check padmapper and have a look.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:53 AM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
Come out for a visit, and see for yourself?

Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM

115 posts, read 227,738 times
I agree with ysr_racer....way too hard to figure it out without a visit. What would be awesome is if you can find a few rentals in each of those areas and look at them when you get here. Though I know it's always good to ask questions on this forum too, in case there are other issues you won't discover by driving through. In general, all those cities you are looking at are nice, safe, pretty and sounds like would suit your needs. Hopefully you can get some more responses about the "small town" vibe.
good luck!

Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,258 times
Very family friendly,, Mission Viejo, Irvine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County